Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

• Banned
I've got a '22 JLUR with the 2.0. The dealer says all these are normal:

1) Performance limited Service Fuel System - I've looked around and found this seems to be an issue that Jeep doesn't know how to fix. Dealer is telling me this is "normal"
2) Steering wheel crooked. Jeep tracks straight but the steering wheel is off after the dealer replaced a sway bar. Dealer is saying this is "normal".
3) A vibration in the steering wheel between 63-70mph. Dealer is saying this is "normal". This also started after the dealer did work.
4) Some rubbing noise that started after the dealer did some work. Sounds like maybe something with the brakes as when I press the brakes, it gets slightly louder. Dealer is saying this is "normal".
5) Proximity door locks do not work for about 5 seconds after exiting the vehicle. I stop, get out, close the door, press the button and they won't lock for about 5 seconds.
6) When in 4Lo, the automatic transmission shifts really rough. When I shift from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, it's very jerky, like someone who is driving a manual transmission for the first time. I also seem to hear some sort of clicking. I would describe it as two gears that are loose and bouncing back and forth between the teeth.

Any thoughts on this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
#2 is an easy adjustment on the drag link. you can do this in your driveway.

Last edited:

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2. not normal but is an easy fix if you have a 15mm wrench if you don't want to take it back to the dealership.
3. Sounds like something isn't tight.
4. not normal
5. mine does the same thing. There are times when it reacts right away and other times where I have to wait a few seconds.
6. how fast are you driving it in 4 Lo?

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Dealership service will commonly say "that's normal" and hoping you'll believe them and leave.

1. No idea
2. Easy driveway fix. You can find an online video explaining it.
3. Rotate tires and see if anything changes. Gives you a chance to look the brakes over too.
4. Checking brake assemblies is where I would go.
5. Mine lock and then can be unlocked immediately.
6. You get too many rpms and it'll cause Jerky shifting in low. The clicking you hear are the gears getting loaded and unloaded from the first thing I described. It's a 4x4 gearbox/transfer case. These new ones are aluminum and you can hear all of the mechanical noises they emit from gears turning. Not to mention the sounds coming back through the driveshafts from the differentials loading and unloading. Lots of noisy stuff in there you aren't used to hearing.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
That "Performance Limited" error seems to be related a fuel pump problem with the 2.0T. The High Pressure Fuel Pump was found to be faulty for another user on the forum, but think they're still chasing it even with replacement. Definitely some issue between HPFP, fuel sending unit (the one in the tank) and a sensor somewhere in the fuel system. Not normal.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

1) Performance limited Service Fuel System - I've looked around and found this seems to be an issue that Jeep doesn't know how to fix. Dealer is telling me this is "normal"
2) Steering wheel crooked. Jeep tracks straight but the steering wheel is off after the dealer replaced a sway bar. Dealer is saying this is "normal".
3) A vibration in the steering wheel between 63-70mph. Dealer is saying this is "normal". This also started after the dealer did work.
4) Some rubbing noise that started after the dealer did some work. Sounds like maybe something with the brakes as when I press the brakes, it gets slightly louder. Dealer is saying this is "normal".
5) Proximity door locks do not work for about 5 seconds after exiting the vehicle. I stop, get out, close the door, press the button and they won't lock for about 5 seconds.
6) When in 4Lo, the automatic transmission shifts really rough. When I shift from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, it's very jerky, like someone who is driving a manual transmission for the first time. I also seem to hear some sort of clicking. I would describe it as two gears that are loose and bouncing back and forth between the teeth.

Any thoughts on this?
1. Do you have a code for #1? If not, do you have a code reader?
2. Drag link adjustement as others have said.
3. Very likely wheel/tire balance.
4. Probably need more info/video.
5. hmm
6. Normal, noise is probably the sway bar.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
You need a new dealer. Just sayin'. The first 5 are not normal, I don't have any of these issues on my wife's 21 2.0 Sport, which is a 2.0, nor my 20 JT (not a 2.0 but 2-5 would still apply).

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast

kingspecialized

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase

Any thoughts on this?
Regarding #5, I am unsure if this applies, but it comes from the user manual:

NOTE:  After pushing the door handle button, you must wait two seconds before you can lock or unlock the doors, using any Passive Entry door handle. This is done to allow you to check if the vehicle is locked by pulling the door handle without the vehicle unlocking