Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

5. mine does the same thing. There are times when it reacts right away and other times where I have to wait a few seconds.
6. how fast are you driving it in 4 Lo?
5. - Bummer, Okay, maybe this is normal behavior then. It's VERY annoying. The remote will lock the doors right away, the proximity button on the handle just is junk.

6. - All speeds. I think max speed is like 32mph, redlining in 8th gear. It seems that shifting at lower RPMs makes it even more "jerky". I usually shift between 2800-3500 because anything over 3000 it sounds like the engine is going to explode.
Sponsored

OP
OP
COJeeper

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Dealership service will commonly say "that's normal" and hoping you'll believe them and leave.

5. Mine lock and then can be unlocked immediately.
6. You get too many rpms and it'll cause Jerky shifting in low. The clicking you hear are the gears getting loaded and unloaded from the first thing I described. It's a 4x4 gearbox/transfer case. These new ones are aluminum and you can hear all of the mechanical noises they emit from gears turning. Not to mention the sounds coming back through the driveshafts from the differentials loading and unloading. Lots of noisy stuff in there you aren't used to hearing.
5. - Thank you for confirming how your system works

6. - Thank you for easing my mind! Sounds like it's all normal. I want to make sure everything is good to go before I start doing lifts and wheels, things that the dealer will come back and say, "well you modified the vehicle, no wonder stuff is broke."

OP
OP
COJeeper

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Regarding #5, I am unsure if this applies, but it comes from the user manual:

NOTE: ļ¬ After pushing the door handle button, you must wait two seconds before you can lock or unlock the doors, using any Passive Entry door handle. This is done to allow you to check if the vehicle is locked by pulling the door handle without the vehicle unlocking
Thanks for finding that. It's a bit different from what I'm experiencing. I'm not able to push the button to lock the door. This sounds like after you push the button.

OP
OP
COJeeper

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Thanks all for the input! I'll do the drag link myself, something fun!

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
6. - All speeds. I think max speed is like 32mph, redlining in 8th gear. It seems that shifting at lower RPMs makes it even more "jerky". I usually shift between 2800-3500 because anything over 3000 it sounds like the engine is going to explode.
I think the fastest I ever use 4 Lo is 5 mph. šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Stl-Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
I have been experiencing the first one. It's funny I intentionally waited to purchase a JL for the first few years so that all the teething problems could be worked through. This "fuel system issue" seems to be something new on the 2022's. I feel so special

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Not sure what dealership, but if itā€™s by any chance Autonation Jeep on arapahoe, thatā€™s your real problem. Iā€™ve NEVER had a worse dealer experience than them. They are flippant towards you and the techs are inept or unwilling to spend time figuring out a problem.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
5. - Bummer, Okay, maybe this is normal behavior then. It's VERY annoying. The remote will lock the doors right away, the proximity button on the handle just is junk.

use 4lo for around 5mph and definitely less than 10mph only. redlining it in 8th at 30+ mph.. no wonder it sounds like it wants to come apart.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Regarding #5, I am unsure if this applies, but it comes from the user manual:

NOTE: ļ¬ After pushing the door handle button, you must wait two seconds before you can lock or unlock the doors, using any Passive Entry door handle. This is done to allow you to check if the vehicle is locked by pulling the door handle without the vehicle unlocking
That's not what ive experienced.
If I lock my doors using the door handle button it's barely a 1 second delay, which to me is basically immediate, on unlocking for reentry. I would need to be pretty quick to not accidentally unlock the doors if I was just checking to see if they are locked. I just tested this and I did unlock my doors just attempting to check. If I lock using a key fob, it unlocks immediately when I grab the door handle. Does it every time for both scenarios.

OP
OP
COJeeper

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

As far as 4LO, Iā€™d say I typically stay under 15mph because above that the sway bar wants to reconnect. Might be 20mph, canā€™t remember.

Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
As already said above, most are not normal. Itā€™s time to find a new Dealer, for your service repairs.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

On the door lock, maybe obvious, but also make sure your fingers are not behind or close when you push the button. When I first took possession, I was having trouble locking the door immediately until I realized I wasn't clearing my fingers. :idea:

OP
OP
COJeeper

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

On the door lock, maybe obvious, but also make sure your fingers are not behind or close when you push the button. When I first took possession, I was having trouble locking the door immediately until I realized I wasn't clearing my fingers. :idea:
Layer 8 issue... :D

Nope, they're not. But thank you for the ideas all the same!!
Sponsored