Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Actually, I'll make this even easier on you - 2021 order banks are closed, and the 2022 order banks don't open till ~October. So you have another ~2 months before the 2022 order guides come out and you can see actual costs + what additional trim/option combos are available.

2022 builds start in early December - you *might* get it by Christmas but more likely you'd be taking delivery in early-to-mid-January at this point.
Sponsored

OP
OP

392scat

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 challenger scat pack
Actually, I'll make this even easier on you - 2021 order banks are closed, and the 2022 order banks don't open till ~October. So you have another ~2 months before the 2022 order guides come out and you can see actual costs + what additional trim/option combos are available.
Well, that’s not going to work.

OP
OP

392scat

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh, seems to be true. Alright well never mind, I won’t be buying a Jeep anymore after finding that out! Disregard.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

2022 builds start in early December - you *might* get it by Christmas but more likely you'd be taking delivery in early-to-mid-January at this point.
Are you sure? Someone said they ordered today.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don’t believe that FCA would shut down production for 2 months of its most profitable vehicle. That makes zero sense.

Only Ford does that...

Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I honestly don’t believe that FCA would shut down production for 2 months of its most profitable vehicle. That makes zero sense.

Only Ford does that...
I wish they would stop taking orders until they get caught up on all our backed up orders 🥺

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I traded my Mustang GT Performance Pack in for my 2dr Wrangler. It was worth it to me, the mustang was fun. But so is the Jeep. The 3.6 is a great engine, power is adequate for a 2 door. I do still have my Chevelle, so still something fast to drive or do burnouts if the mood strikes. Not sure if I'd feel the same way without something else that's fast though.

OP
OP

392scat

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Only Ford does that...
Definitely seems odd, the thought of that being a reality didn’t even cross my mind.

OP
OP

392scat

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I traded my Mustang GT Performance Pack in for my 2dr Wrangler. It was worth it to me, the mustang was fun. But so is the Jeep. The 3.6 is a great engine, power is adequate for a 2 door. I do still have my Chevelle, so still something fast to drive or do burnouts if the mood strikes. Not sure if I'd feel the same way without something else that's fast though.
Yeah, that’s the kicker… 😞

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yeah, that’s the kicker… 😞
Could always do a Turo rental for a weekend and do burnouts with someone else’s tires.

there’s a Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody listed on ours right now.

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
My 2 cents...
Came from a 1990 Toyota 4x4 & a 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo. Truck 4 cylinder, 5 speed, nothing fancy, pretty bare bones. MR2 completely different monster, built & corner balanced. Set up for auto-cross & time trials. As it set on Z2 Star specs, it would run upper 11s in the 1/4 mile & the steering was almost telepathic. I smiled every time I drove it. Even my truck with 31x10.5x15s would as well. But, they were old & limited in their tech. Kept the truck, sold the MR2 to a guy that is tickled pink. I have a 2020 Sting Gray JLUR & I grin like a baked opossum every time I drive it. I love a good 2dr Jeep, but I'm glad a got the extra room. The kids & grandkids love to go hunting & fishing with me. I really don't miss the MR2 nor the racing, which shocked me. But, there is just something about the Jeep.

Sounds like to me you need the 2dr 6-speed Rubicon though. But, as others have mentioned. Go drive a few, driving a SFA Jeep is a lot different than rack&pinion. Different skill set for driving, especially when offroad.

So far I have had no issues with my Jeep & I have had it since 12-30-2019. It has been amazing & I can't wait to start adding some mods & taking some trips in it. For context it is the 3.6L & non BSG automatic.

Just be sure to get a color you like & want, & don't skimp on any options you want. Trust me you really want the LED package!

Hope this helped muddy the water.:like:

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
I don’t mean to chase you away from the forum, but I think if you kept your Challenger and bought a TJ you’d be very happy.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
OP, if you are worried about overlap from the bronco to the wrangler, why not do a little sidestep and look at a Gladiator? Mojave's are taller from the factory than a rubicon, they come in manual if so desired, plenty of room for dogs in the cab, and cargo in the back. Has a rear locker, fox 2.5 bypass shocks and active bump stops and doesn't have ugly red dash panels..

OP
OP

392scat

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t mean to chase you away from the forum, but I think if you kept your Challenger and bought a TJ you’d be very happy.
It has been a consideration but would take some time to save up cash for one. TJ is what I spent my age 17-26 years rolling in with my buddy. With all the chaos it might be a way to go.

OP
OP

392scat

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP, if you are worried about overlap from the bronco to the wrangler, why not do a little sidestep and look at a Gladiator? Mojave's are taller from the factory than a rubicon, they come in manual if so desired, plenty of room for dogs in the cab, and cargo in the back. Has a rear locker, fox 2.5 bypass shocks and active bump stops and doesn't have ugly red dash panels..
Considered it yesterday actually! I do agree I HATE the red rubicon dash, I don’t get that at all. Measured my garage and it’s too long for my garage so it’s a no go. If I can’t drive it 5 days a week I don’t want it just parked in my driveway.
Sponsored

Reactions: JT1
Status
Not open for further replies.