Hard Wiring Dashcam

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have a BlackVue dashcam with the Power Magic Pro. I’m trying to figure how to hardwire it. The plan was to hook it up to the fuse box but I didn’t know that the fuse box is under the hood. I don’t have the AUX switches, a powered mirror, or the universal garage opener on the sun visor. I’m planning on just splicing/crimping more wire onto the Power Magic Pro to have it reach the fuse box under the hood. Just wondering if this is the best idea or if there is a better option?
Sponsored

rabs13

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
So I have a 2019 JLU Sahara I am trying to hard wire my dash cam in and I got the advanced safety group so have the camera system behind the rear view mirror and not sure it's as easy to use rear view mirror to power my dash cam.

I have the hard wire kit and already ran the cable through the firewall and was told to use fuse # 14 which is a spare to power my dash cam 24/7. I plugged the fuse kit into #14 and grounded it but still no power. Any suggestions? The kit also came with a power cord to run through the OBD port but I was told that can cause some harm, even though I know that works.

Thanks for an help.

Sponsored

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
So I have a 2019 JLU Sahara I am trying to hard wire my dash cam in and I got the advanced safety group so have the camera system behind the rear view mirror and not sure it's as easy to use rear view mirror to power my dash cam.

I have the hard wire kit and already ran the cable through the firewall and was told to use fuse # 14 which is a spare to power my dash cam 24/7. I plugged the fuse kit into #14 and grounded it but still no power. Any suggestions? The kit also came with a power cord to run through the OBD port but I was told that can cause some harm, even though I know that works.

Thanks for an help.
Check the owner's manual and try a few fuse slots. There's a table in section 7. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY -> Power Distribution Center (PDC). Try something not related with the performance or safety, something like #52 cigar ltr, #58 Frt Pass Htd Seat and so on.

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many

Thanks for an help.
I’m going to be hard wiring a dash cam as well. What area did you run the wire through the firewall?

digirati

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Has anyone with Blackvue rear camera figured out a good way to wire the camera so that removing the hardtop is easy?

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I used self adhesive cable ties...these are similar...
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/CALISTOU...cable+ties&qid=1559766440&s=automotive&sr=1-3

The cable comes along the same side as the power cables but under the carpet, then I use a few of these clips to guide the cable to the rear camera. When detaching the hard top, I unplug the cable from the camera, then it’s just a matter of putting the wire somewhere tidy...just tucking it under the carpet works fine.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR

Thanks for an help.
Can I ask what you heard about powering through the OBD port? Possibly with a
BlackVue Power Magic EZ? Certainly would be easier.

Sponsored

Sonny Hooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m going to be hard wiring a dash cam as well. What area did you run the wire through the firewall?
I used the Quadratec 12v harness that plugs in the back of the accessory port in the dash. Don’t have to cut anything or run anything through the firewall that way.

Sonny Hooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I used the Quadratec 12v harness that plugs in the back of the accessory port in the dash. Don’t have to cut anything or run anything through the firewall that way.

How did you route your dash camera wire with this quadratec 12v? im debating about buying it.

mister

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
The 12v plug (white plug in photo) routes down to the passenger footwell. I then used a hardwire kit from the new plug up to the dashcam. Pricey solution for what it is, but I didn’t want to splice wires.

9C22832F-78FB-4141-99E0-980FC6893B68.jpeg
Sponsored