Blackvue Dashcam Hardwire Install Question

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
The battery wire gives the camera constant power, the ACC wire tells it to draw power when the ignition is running. The battery hot allows the device to run when the vehicle is 'off'. You can wire the ACC/battery together on one AUX switch. Then through the Jeep you can set the button to always use the battery.

I currently have my dashcam wired to AUX4 and have it run from the ignition.

AUX setting for battery or ignition:
Sponsored

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
So break it down for the stupid guy here lol. Which wires did you connect to which? I have the same adapter you posted. Does parking mode work with your set up? Thanks in advance for your reply!
I have Blackvue 900X installed with battery packs. Battery pack has a switch for on/off, so I connected it to Acc. Camera to battery pack connection is cigarett socket.

If you want to connect camera with those wires, you connect Battery from camera to constant power, and Acc. To ignition switched wires. Acc. will sense when engine is on or off, and switch between normal and parking recording, if you set the camera for parking mode. If you set for no parking mode, camera should shut off with engine off. With this direct connection, you have no power switch, so you would have to either change parking mode or pull the plug on the camera when you don’t need to record. So, if you connect the battery wire from camera to one of the Aux switch, you would have on/off switch, I assume.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
The battery wire gives the camera constant power, the ACC wire tells it to draw power when the ignition is running. The battery hot allows the device to run when the vehicle is 'off'. You can wire the ACC/battery together on one AUX switch. Then through the Jeep you can set the button to always use the battery.

I currently have my dashcam wired to AUX4 and have it run from the ignition.

AUX setting for battery or ignition:
That was the exact explanation I was looking for! I was confused because the aux switch is only one wire but there is two the ACC and the Battery wire coming from the camera. I understand the basics of what each does, but the responses I kept getting was utilizing the direct connections and not the AUX. No one mentioned connecting the two wires together then connecting to the AUX. Is there a benefit of utilizing the AUX vs utilizing the direct battery/acc wires?

Thanks again for your response and not making a noob feel stupid

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
That was the exact explanation I was looking for! I was confused because the aux switch is only one wire but there is two the ACC and the Battery wire coming from the camera. I understand the basics of what each does, but the responses I kept getting was utilizing the direct connections and not the AUX. No one mentioned connecting the two wires together then connecting to the AUX. Is there a benefit of utilizing the AUX vs utilizing the direct battery/acc wires?

Thanks again for your response and not making a noob feel stupid
No problem.

There is no need to wire them independently. Wire them together to one AUX switch. Then simply turn the Jeep on and set the AUX. Test the camera. Should be fine. Like I said this is 100% how I hardwired mine.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I wired the accessory camera wire to the accessory wire in the AUX bundle, then I wired the battery wire on the camera to the AUX switch. If I want the camera to go into parking mode I program the AUX switch to be battery, then when the Jeep is turned off the AUX stays live and the camera switches to parking mode. Most of the time I don't need this so the AUX switch is programmed as accessory and when the Jeep is off the camera goes off completely.
Sponsored