Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Technical Director
Vehicle Showcase
Dish soap. Who'da thought? Tried it today and worked like a charm. It fixed that annoying squeaky sound that's been bugging me ever since putting the 35" tires on. Cheers to those in this thread who figured out a free fix! Thank you! :please:
Sponsored

Swave1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL., Ocean Blue, 2 in lift on 35's, Rubicon stubby bumper
Did you lift the roof off to apply directly to the seal surface?
no need. I just put a light coating along the rubber gasket seal at the bottom of my rear window

Sponsored

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man. This is an exciting post. I canā€™t wait to try this. The squeaking has been driving me crazy!! Love this forum

ClevelandWhat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This has been driving me crazy for the last 3 months I thought I was going crazy and just accepted it as a Jeep thing. When I stumbled upon this today I thought thereā€™s no way in hell this will work but what do I have to lose? Grabbed my strawberry Ajax dish soap off the kitchen counter lubed up the seals on the tailgate and rear window and took it for a test drive.... I cannot believe this actually worked, no more squeak or creak. I thought the noise was coming from the plastic around the roll bar but boy was I wrong. Hats off to whoever figured this out.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
I love this forum. Yet another issue answered before I even have a chance to ask about it.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
This was happening on my hard top. Just cleaning the gaskets with a silicone spray did not help. I ended up putting a very thin layer of grease on all the freedom panel gaskets. Then a thin layer on the panel alignment pins. Went for a drive and it's completely quiet now.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase