Squeaking...Help?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
OK I have debated on weather or not to even post this, but at this point the squeaking coming from underneath my new Jeep is driving me up the wall. Happens when I go over bumps, and sometimes when doing a quick tap on the brakes (its not the brakes). I have had it at the dealer twice for this and upon return its almost gone, but returns within a few days. The squeak sounds like metal on metal. What bothers me the most is that it makes my new jeep sound like its 30yrs old. I can hear it well when passing by parked cars or walls. At this point I think I'll just go under there and try to lube everything myself (and I do mean everything). Can anyone tell me what kind of oil/lube I should use for this and what it the best way/tool/can to apply it. Is there a place I can go where they spray the entire undercarriage with lube or something (yes this is a nuclear option but I'm fed up).:angry:
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
What did the dealer do that helped?
Can you replicate it by pushing/jumping on your front or rear bumper?

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They said they did something with some brake clips, but each time it wasn't really gone. you have to hit bumps to hear it.

TekSupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Can you try and record it?
I have/had squealing brakes since new, gave up trying to get it fixed. I only hear when applying brakes, though agree it is embarrassing.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This may be completely off base, but I had a similar noise on my 2009 JK Rubicon.

Turns out, there was a small dent on my fuel tank skid plate. One time, after going wheeling, dirt got trapped between the skid plate and the fuel tank. The contact and the rubbing made this annoying squeaking sound whenever I hit a bump.

I’d check the skid plates for any dirt trapped where it isn’t supposed to.

Good luck.
Sponsored