thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Had someone pull out in front of us speed limit is 60 its a bad intersection and i was running about 50. Totaled her car Toyota something, the jeep is at the body shop being checked out. Overall very impressed wife had some minor bruising from seat belt son in back totally fine and my knee was already sore. We were running fully naked top down no doors. It bent control arm and some other stuff in the suspension I turned and hit on drivers side as to keep impact away from wife and son the best I could so front tire took a big hit with no obvious damage to tire just shoved all back 6-8 inches. Just thankful we made it out ok.

Dash Cam window was dirty but you get the idea whats going on

driver.jpg

front.jpg

passanger.jpg

under.jpg
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
You're mistaken. Haven't you seen the JL's horrible crash ratings? You are severely injured. Embrace our victim society, you are surely a victim and should sue FCA, the other driver, the highway dept and your kindergarten teacher.

Seriously, glad you're ok!

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks, but vehicles can be repaired/replaced, but looks like it faired really well. Glad to hear everyone is ok. And in your favor was that you had the dashcam.

Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
Thank goodness for that dash cam. Will save you so much hassle when you get a lawyer

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
Why in the hell does he need a lawyer?
I got T-boned once and the asshole tried suing me through his insurance company. I had to get a lawyer to prove he was at fault so my insurance wouldn’t go up and so my rental would be covered . My car was getting repaired for over 3 months due to parts shipping from overseas. My passenger was also hurt so my lawyer was able to get him compensation for his lost days at work.

TEOTWAWKI Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 1955 Ford Thunderbird
Your Jeep doesn't look that bad after such an accident! I'm shocked after watching that video that stuff wasn't crumpled up front. Glad you aren't hurt bad.

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Wow, glad you all are relatively ok. I hope too the other driver is ok. I hope they were on their phone (again hoping all are healthy) to add to the evidence that texting and driving is stupid.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had someone pull out in front of us speed limit is 60 its a bad intersection and i was running about 50. Totaled her car Toyota something, the jeep is at the body shop being checked out. Overall very impressed wife had some minor bruising from seat belt son in back totally fine and my knee was already sore. We were running fully naked top down no doors. It bent control arm and some other stuff in the suspension I turned and hit on drivers side as to keep impact away from wife and son the best I could so front tire took a big hit with no obvious damage to tire just shoved all back 6-8 inches. Just thankful we made it out ok.

Dash Cam window was dirty but you get the idea whats going on

driver.jpg

front.jpg

passanger.jpg

under.jpg
Nice job dude, on the turning right maneuver, glad you and the family are good....:)

OP
OP
thecritter

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It did have the stubby rugged ridge factory steel clone. Body shop said we could sub any bumper and just pay difference in cost. That being said I like the look of the poison spider bruiser. There were no options out when we got the first bumper. Any input on front bumper options?

Thank you everyone with the well wishes!

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Glad everyone is ok!! Where do you mount your dash cam? I need to put mine in but don't know where to put it yet. :)
Sponsored