Sponsored

Got in a wreck in my leased JL

mischman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I need some advice. I have a leased JL, lease is up in a few months. It has a steal bumper and fog lights on it. I have stock parts.
Being a lease, it obviously has full coverage.

I hit a deer tonight on a back road doing about 65mph. The fog light is cracked and the bumper is bent bad, the removable edge piece is bent into the wheel(i had to take it off to drive home). Its midnight so i havent checked anything else under the hood or jeep but it drove home fine.

Assuming its just the steel bumper and fog lights, should i even call insurance or just put stock parts back on? If i do call insurance, what happens? FCA take money and do repairs or is like i own the vehicle and they give me a check and i do repairs? i have take off parts. Also, what about my insurance rates?
I have the same question above only what happens if there is some real damage to is besides the bumper and fog light?
TBH, if its just the bumper and fogs id like to swap to my stocks and leave insurance and FCA out of it and not have the headache.
thanks
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
You really need to give it a good once over in the daylight. They inspect the Jeep when you return it and if they see any damage you could be assessed for it. If the only damage is to the bumper and fog lights and you have the stock ones, I would just put those on. As far as your insurance rates, in most cases they won't go up much for a comp claim (as this was a deer hit it would not be covered by collision). Of course, it depends on your prior driving history. Another thing to think of is your deductible if you have one.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I need some advice. I have a leased JL, lease is up in a few months. It has a steal bumper and fog lights on it. I have stock parts.

I hit a deer tonight on a back road doing about 65mph. The fog light is cracked and the bumper is bent bad, the removable edge piece is bent into the wheel(i had to take it off to drive home). Its midnight so i havent checked anything else under the hood or jeep but it drove home fine.

Assuming its just the steel bumper and fog lights, should i even call insurance or just put stock parts back on? If i do call insurance, what happens? FCA take money and do repairs or is like i own the vehicle and they give me a check and i do repairs? i have take off parts. Also, what about my insurance rates?
I have the same question above only what happens if there is some real damage to is besides the bumper and fog light?
TBH, if its just the bumper and fogs id like to swap to my stocks and leave insurance and FCA out of it and not have the headache.
thanks
Just curious, what did you end up doing/finding? I had kind of wondered what would have happened if I had a similar situation on my leased JLUR and turned it in (fixing any issues myself that were noticeable).

Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic

thanks
Having leased many vehicles. My advice is just do it as you would a finance. No difference. If your deductible is $500 and the cost to fix is $1000, I'd just pay for it out of pocket to avoid insurance issues. 2. No reason to turn the vehicle in ever. I never to that. I go to the dealer of the vehicle that I want and trade it in to them so I don't have to ever deal with the turn in process which at times can be annoying. Once fixed, there are no longer any issues technically with turn in anyway. Just go trade it in and you may even make some money on it depending on the residual. Hope all goes well.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Only time you may turn it in, is if you smash it up really good and damage is like 20-25 grand, but they don't write it off and fix it. This is one big plus of leasing, you get if fixed by insurance and turn it back in. No need to worry about trying to sell or own a car with a 25k carfax claim on it.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door

thanks
UPDATE? Update us from January 9th please.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I hit a Coyote once in my car ....$1600 in damages

it falls under comprehensive coverage so it won't effect your rates
Sponsored