Had a Wreck 8-11

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Good call @SABLE RHINO that looks awesome, but would never place it there after seeing where the airbag deploys. Have a Bartact bag on the grab handle and it was not an issue at all.
I'm glad I asked the question, I've been eyeballing the plate for awhile. I honestly had no idea the airbag came out of that location until I saw your picture (I incorrectly assumed it would deploy from below this area).
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Yes but no side. Felt like Mike Tyson had hit me absolutely rang my bell

20190820_175709.jpg
I've already replied in this thread, but c'mon...the elephant in the room, or in this case this photo... The T-Rex footpegs!? Those are badass. Did u keep those or were they trashed?

OP
OP
thecritter

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've already replied in this thread, but c'mon...the elephant in the room, or in this case this photo... The T-Rex footpegs!? Those are badass. Did u keep those or were they trashed?
Perfectly fine my foot was on it before wreck guess I had the correct reaction and pulled it inside the cab I dont remember doing it. Pegs are not damaged at all. I had a guy make them he has the template and I am sure he would make more.
https://m.facebook.com/BigSexyJeepFootPegs/

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
LOL, no shame. But I did want to ask the same question (udik)...

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Had someone pull out in front of us speed limit is 60 its a bad intersection and i was running about 50. Totaled her car Toyota something, the jeep is at the body shop being checked out. Overall very impressed wife had some minor bruising from seat belt son in back totally fine and my knee was already sore. We were running fully naked top down no doors. It bent control arm and some other stuff in the suspension I turned and hit on drivers side as to keep impact away from wife and son the best I could so front tire took a big hit with no obvious damage to tire just shoved all back 6-8 inches. Just thankful we made it out ok.

Dash Cam window was dirty but you get the idea whats going on

driver.jpg

front.jpg

passanger.jpg

under.jpg
Good to hear your ok. That steel bumper did its job. Im glad I upgraded mine.

Sponsored

jeep8

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you and the family are all OK. You need to make a Diminished Value claim to the other drivers insurance company. It is a separate claim than the original claim for the accident. It is intended to cover the difference your vehicle would get in resale with a clean carfax versus one with an accident, and especially and accident that airbags are deployed. You will need to contact the other peoples insurance, and find out what they require, usually an assessment by a third party. It is definitely worth it. This will knock thousands of $$ off your resale, and you can recover most of that. If you do not ask and make a claim, they will not cover this, and it needs to be done within a few months of the accident.

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
I agree with the diminished value claim. I did that myself on a vehicle and they gave me a payout. Ended up doing it on my insurance and they worked it with the other insurance.
Not that a rubicon will ever lose value lol
I feel ya in the airbag hit. I’ve had airbags deploy twice and the second time felt like someone hit me with a bat and then horn was going off with gunpowder smoke smell it was pretty crazy and I was still rolling at 50mph (deer hit)

OP
OP
thecritter

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you and the family are all OK. You need to make a Diminished Value claim to the other drivers insurance company. It is a separate claim than the original claim for the accident. It is intended to cover the difference your vehicle would get in resale with a clean carfax versus one with an accident, and especially and accident that airbags are deployed. You will need to contact the other peoples insurance, and find out what they require, usually an assessment by a third party. It is definitely worth it. This will knock thousands of $$ off your resale, and you can recover most of that. If you do not ask and make a claim, they will not cover this, and it needs to be done within a few months of the accident.
Thank you for explaining this. I was asking and could not get a straight answer this is the best explanation I have recieved.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I agree with the diminished value claim. I did that myself on a vehicle and they gave me a payout. Ended up doing it on my insurance and they worked it with the other insurance.
Not that a rubicon will ever lose value lol
I feel ya in the airbag hit. I’ve had airbags deploy twice and the second time felt like someone hit me with a bat and then horn was going off with gunpowder smoke smell it was pretty crazy and I was still rolling at 50mph (deer hit)
So how was the deer jerky?:like:

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
The airbag picture got me wondering, what would of happen if the Data Plate in the link below was attached? What about decals being placed in the same area? I'm sure the airbag would rip right through it but I don't think id want to be hit in the face with a piece of "ABS plastic/stainless steel".

https://haukoffroad.com/shop-by/jl-products/jl-wrangler-dash-plate/

I was digging on the data plate, just thinking "out loud" I guess...
This is why there is a warning for people who like to ride on the passenger side with their legs up either on the dash or out the window. If the air bag goes off, most likely you'll have two broken legs at best.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
I got T-boned once and the asshole tried suing me through his insurance company. I had to get a lawyer to prove he was at fault so my insurance wouldn’t go up and so my rental would be covered . My car was getting repaired for over 3 months due to parts shipping from overseas. My passenger was also hurt so my lawyer was able to get him compensation for his lost days at work.
That's odd. My insurance company provide a lawyer for me. That's part of the insurance service. They certainly don't want to pay frivolously.
Also, I don't have anything to take, but the insurance company does.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
OP, great job in minimizing the damage in that crash. Early on the brake, attempted evasive action without over doing it, and cautious speed on approach to a know hazardous area. Excellent job. You did a well, keep it up.

Thank goodness for that dash cam. Will save you so much hassle when you get a lawyer
Absolutely unnecessary. The need for a lawyer, or video to prove fault.
That intersection is controlled by a stop sign and blinking light, both of which require cross traffic to yield. There's no scenario in which through traffic would be at fault unless they are going way to fast, or some other manner of not being in lawful use of the roadway (unlicensed, drunk, etc).
I'm not opposed to dash cameras. On the contrary I think they're great and can absolutely help resolve disputes. This case though is not one that needs it. And the lawyer? Hmmmm, I guess if you want to contribute to the litigious society we now live in, sure. Otherwise it would only be needed if the at-fault driver is uninsured, or their insurance isn't providing satisfactory compensation.

This is why there is a warning for people who like to ride on the passenger side with their legs up either on the dash or out the window. If the air bag goes off, most likely you'll have two broken legs at best.
I've seen the result. It's not pretty. A girl was riding with her right foot on the dash and ended up with a broken hip/pelvis, broken leg, and a nice bruise on her face. Feet on the dash can/will mess you up in a crash.
Sponsored