Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Finally received my V41 notice in the mail yesterday. I had already replaced my steering stabilizer with the Fox Shocks stabilizer before the recall was announced. Before reading this thread and others where people called FCA only to be told that there would be no reimbursement if you replaced your stabilizer with an aftermarket, I had already submitted for reimbursement on the Mopar site. I got the stock email from Jeep Customer Care that they will be sending my reimbursement request to the reimbursement review team. I will report back on what happens. FWIW I replaced my stock stabilizer with a Fox Shocks 2.0 part 985-24-173.

Very interesting that others got conflicting replies from FCA, but not surprising.. Either way, I'm good. I'm satisfied with the Fox 2.0 ATS.
Sponsored

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I just got mine on the app today, now to make the appointment and wait.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine done today, no issues, thankfully the shop guys at my dealer are Jeep guys!

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Took mine into the dealer for my last free oil change and when I picked it up, they told me they had performed this recall and replaced the stabilizer. I hadn’t received the recall notice yet and it was not showing any active recalls on the Mopar owners site.

Also interesting they replaced it considering I have steersmarts draglink, tie rod, and trackbar with the stabilizer relocated.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Took mine into the dealer for my last free oil change and when I picked it up, they told me they had performed this recall and replaced the stabilizer. I hadn’t received the recall notice yet and it was not showing any active recalls on the Mopar owners site.

Also interesting they replaced it considering I have steersmarts draglink, tie rod, and trackbar with the stabilizer relocated.
What dealer out of curiosity? I'm getting ready to schedule my V41 now.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
Did mine today. Steering feels a little tighter to me.

Also did the PCM update RRT 18-137

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Did mine today. Steering feels a little tighter to me.

Also did the PCM update RRT 18-137
I wonder if there is a way to find out what PCM rev number a JL has installed. You can put it into dealer mode by holding your driver's side temperature up, temperature down and front defrost buttons simultaneously, but I'm not sure how to read the information and if it even contains the PCM rev number. Maybe someone with a more technical background can decipher if the PCM version is in the dealer mode screen.

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
I wonder if there is a way to find out what PCM rev number a JL has installed. You can put it into dealer mode by holding your driver's side temperature up, temperature down and front defrost buttons simultaneously, but I'm not sure how to read the information and if it even contains the PCM rev number. Maybe someone with a more technical background can decipher if the PCM version is in the dealer mode screen.

Dunno. Heck I don’t even know what 18-137 update is. Anyone?

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Dunno. Heck I don’t even know what 18-137 update is. Anyone?
I believe it is the latest PCM software version and one of the software updates within it affects the programming of the steering pump which contributes to the steering to help with the loose steering according to posts within the main loose steering thread.

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
I received the recall notice but my vehicle has the 2 inch Mopar lift installed. I’m unclear if I still need the recall done or does the lift kit rectify the problem ? I called 2 dealers and they told me the exact opposite thing. One said I’m good to go the other said I need to get the work done. I’m confused ...

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Just got my recall notification in the mail today from FCA for my 2018 MOAB. Called my dealer and they scheduled me for next week without any issues.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer was quick to schedule me and had no issue getting the part. It appears they did have issues with reading directions. My intake bulge is on the top & sticker arrow faces the rear of the vehicle.

32F276C6-A203-4CE0-B45B-849638B54922.png

2980D13B-4DAB-4788-B02B-5A820F37A3D6.jpeg
Sponsored