Got the V41 recall work done

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
No. I waited years before dealing with the takata airbag recall on an old Honda that I just used for dump runs. Safety recalls don’t expire.

I’m in the same boat as you are. It ain’t broke, so I’m not fixing it. Hopeful that by the time I get around to it the techs know how to install the damn thing...
Decided to get this done, today. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. Part was installed, correctly. Steering feels the same, which is to say just fine. Great service from Fitzpatrick’s in Ansonia, CT as usual.
Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Had it done today. My Jeep tracked straight and true and the steering was pretty tight when I first got it (no excessive play or wobble). I guess I got lucky.

I was a little nervous about this “upgrade” but after it was done it feels exactly the same at speed. I did notice that at slow speeds the wheel seems to require more turn than before, but maybe that’s in my head. I also put on new wheels and slightly larger tires (went from AT to MT) just the other day so maybe that’s it.

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I got Death Wobble for the first time twice the next day AFTER they put the new part on. Turns out that they did not properly adjust air on the tires nor properly torque the new dampener. Once they did I rode with the tech and hit every bump I could and ran off the edge of the road and could not get it to wobble. I wish folks would do work right the first time.