Sponsored

Got the V41 recall work done

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Finally got my v41 work done along with an oil change and tire rotation. Happy to report that it was installed correctly. It actually did seem to improve my steering, particularly with oscillations over large bumps like highway expansion joints. Also seems like its less sensitive to bump steer. Might be placebo, but whatever, I'm happy.
Sponsored

Poods35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys; 2005 Crossfire Roadster
Had mine installed last week - incorrectly - which I didn’t notice until this week. Took it back in today and they continued to tell me it was installed correctly until I got under the Jeep (which they proceeded to laugh at) and showed them . They reinstalled in the correct way, but still insisted it didn’t matter which way it was situated. I’m concerned that the 300 miles I put on the incorrectly installed dampener may have damaged it, but also not interested in going back to this dealership if I continue to have issues. Thinking I’ll have to go aftermarket and do it myself just to ensure it’s fixed and done correctly.

T43

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
2 weeks after the 2nd stabilizer (1st was installed upside down) and my wobble is back. Looks like another 2 hour drive to the dealer when I get time.

Farrish1237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB JLU
2 weeks after the 2nd stabilizer (1st was installed upside down) and my wobble is back. Looks like another 2 hour drive to the dealer when I get time.
I would call Jeep Care too so they can document your troubles. Sorry to hear that the wobble is back! Keep us posted on the outcome

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Well just got my V41 recall today at 38,000 miles and wobble is actually worse than when I took it in. A little history on my Jeep.
Stock 2018 Sahara Unlimited
19,945 miles Steering Damper replaced with 68251580AD because of wobble
24,043 miles Steering Damper replaced with warranty Fox mopar part number 77072360 because of wobble
38,000 miles V41 recall performed because of wobble, they use 68251580AE part
Death Wobble still there so I'm at a loss and will be back at dealer for possible fix.
Well I think we can be sure that the problem is not the steering damper...

Sponsored

vap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
There's a recent update to the V41. Not only a new damper has to be installed in a correct direction, but an air from the damper has to be purged after the installation, by quickly (at least 1 revolution per second) turning steering wheel from lock to lock 5 times.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Did v41 today, and the jeep honestly doesn't feel as good as it did before. Does it being backwards change how it would affect my steering? It honestly feels more dodgy on the road than before.

IMG_3467.JPG

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Did v41 today, and the jeep honestly doesn't feel as good as it did before. Does it being backwards change how it would affect my steering? It honestly feels more dodgy on the road than before.

IMG_3467.JPG
Mine was installed upside down for 2 days before I could get it fixed. I didn’t notice a difference. But the instructions are specific about the reservoir being on the bottom so the fluid inside can do what it’s supposed to. I’d get it fixed ASAP.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Mine was installed upside down for 2 days before I could get it fixed. I didn’t notice a difference. But the instructions are specific about the reservoir being on the bottom so the fluid inside can do what it’s supposed to. I’d get it fixed ASAP.
Got it thanks, I’m gonna go back and ask for them to do the steering stab correctly this time and drain a qt of oil -_-

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well just got my V41 recall today at 38,000 miles and wobble is actually worse than when I took it in. A little history on my Jeep.
Stock 2018 Sahara Unlimited
19,945 miles Steering Damper replaced with 68251580AD because of wobble
24,043 miles Steering Damper replaced with warranty Fox mopar part number 77072360 because of wobble
38,000 miles V41 recall performed because of wobble, they use 68251580AE part
Death Wobble still there so I'm at a loss and will be back at dealer for possible fix.
Hi nvabill,
Are you still experiencing this? Please send us a private message with your VIN if you need any assistance.

Lydia
Jeep Cares

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M

IMG_3467.JPG
Def get that re-installed by a competent dealer. How it is installed does matter. FCA appears to fully acknowledge a real problem does exist - but why does V41 not solve the problem for all affected units? We have been lucky to avoid any DW but others not so much. FCA needs to get this permanently fixed for all owners asap.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2019/08/10/jeep-death-wobble-fix/1969368001/

"When you hit a bump in the road, if everything is just right, this suspension can set off that resonance and what we started seeing is as soon as it got cold this past fall, early winter, we started seeing complaints."

The issue, Chernoby said, had to do with air getting into the damper on the front suspension of the Wrangler during cold temperatures, when oil becomes "thick like molasses" and air bubbles take a long time to get out of the oil.“

Chernoby said the complaints about the "Death Wobble" — FCA officials prefer a term like vibration — represented about 2% of the approximately 370,000 new Wranglers built as of June. He did not dismiss the concerns, saying “any steering type vibration will make people concerned for sure.”

He told the Free Press that the company has videos of the phenomenon showing a steering wheel vibrating 5 degrees back and forth.

Chernoby said there are two ways to stop the vibration once it starts: Slow down or speed up.

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge Ram
Got my V41 recall work done yesterday on my stock 19 JLU. Driving 30 miles home I could tell much reduced steering wander. I never had any wobble issue before just what feels like excessive free play in the steering wheel and a need for constant steering correction especially on rough or uneven roads.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Got my V41 recall work done today. I haven't noticed any issues but I'll need to get up to highway speeds. I had no issues prior to this and don't expect any after.