Sponsored

Geometry correction brackets for 2" lift - recommended

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
How does the changed geometry deal with hard braking? I haven't mapped the JLs mounting points, but I suspect that the "corrected" geometry would make the front suspension dive more than the OEM mounting points.

https://www.crawlpedia.com/4_link_suspension.htm
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I think because the control arm is more parallel to the ground, vs being at an angle. But I failed geometry in high school and life.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
AEV claims it improves nose dive under hard brakng, rather than worsening it.
I see that on their website... but it still doesn't make sense to me. "Reduced brake-dive"

The correction bracket lowers the frame-side LCA mounting point, which would always move the instant center rearwards regardless of where the center of gravity is located. When this happens you are lowering the anti-dive percentage, or in other words increasing the dive (stupid double negatives). This is exactly the opposite of AEV's claim.

Also the situation is unique for all wheelbases, which AEV doesn't address at all.

Jeep Wrangler JL Geometry correction brackets for 2" lift - recommended anti_dive_above

Jeep Wrangler JL Geometry correction brackets for 2" lift - recommended anti_dive_below

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at between getting the AEV or the ARB with HD springs and I opted for the ARB. Simply because ARB supplies adjustable control arms and trackbars. In my mind, less moving pieces = less maintenance, more longevity. Costs a pretty penny more but definitely worth it.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I see that on their website... but it still doesn't make sense to me. "Reduced brake-dive"

The correction bracket lowers the frame-side LCA mounting point, which would always move the instant center rearwards regardless of where the center of gravity is located. When this happens you are lowering the anti-dive percentage, or in other words increasing the dive (stupid double negatives). This is exactly the opposite of AEV's claim.

Also the situation is unique for all wheelbases, which AEV doesn't address at all.

Jeep Wrangler JL Geometry correction brackets for 2" lift - recommended anti_dive_below

Where did you get that drawing and what is their engineering experience?

anyone asserting that lowering the frame side LCA mount increases dive is completely off their rocker.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Combination of the AEV geo brackets with the lca’s is great for my use. Truck is completely stable at any speed, handles and drives great, and has no issues with hard braking/emergency lane change type maneuvers even when laden down; even lifted on 37’s.

for record; on 3” of lift, the center hole results in sub 5° of caster; and the highest setting gives just over 5°. So it’s returning geometry to factory spec; not “”optimized””. I use a Clayton Overland+ control arm kit to get caster north of 6°. The control arms sit really nice and near level; and the truck handles better and less brake dive than stock.

Exactly what i was looking for.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
for record; on 3” of lift, the center hole results in sub 5° of caster; and the highest setting gives just over 5°. So it’s returning geometry to factory spec; not “”optimized””.
This was with factory arms... correct?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running the Dynatrac 2" lift on my '19 4-door Sahara for a while. The ride, the dampening, and the cornering have been fine, but the steering did not feel right. There was too much play around in the dead zone and too much adjustment needed when driving on a highway.

I started with adding control arms from the Mopar lift kit, which are about 1/4" longer than stock, to improve the caster. Then I replaced the stock steering stabilizer (which has been replaced by the dealer twice) with Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer. This helped a bit, but the steering was still too loose for my taste.

At the Chicago Auto show I spoke with AEV folks (who were exhibiting some sweet rides, BTW), who told me that they always install geometry correction brackets, even on their smallest 2" lifts.

After this conversation. I purchased and installed Rancho geometry correction brackets, and finally the steering is spot on! There is nice heaviness around the center, the Jeep is much more enjoyable to drive on the highway, and the ride on bumpy surfaces has improved as well.

Hope this will help someone's suspension journey.
How are you liking this setup after a year? Also, did it move your axle forward at all?

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I also have the Dynatrac kit and love it. I’m leaning towards the Teraflex brackets. They offer reinforcement kit to beef them up.

The Dude :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I started with the Mopar lift and the ride was slightly rough. On acceleration the nose would lift and braking the nose would dive some. Then i installed the 35's and it drove like crap & around 28K the Death Wobble started. I utilized the longer lower arms in the kit, replaced the Draglink and tie rod with Rock Jock HD components and Rancho Geo Brackets. What was I ever waiting for???? It was the Rancho Geo Brackets that kicked butt. No more nose lift or dive, ride quality difference was different as night and day and the steering ....one thumb! Don't expect the Mopar lift to be all you need because it's not. Geo Brackets Rock!
Sponsored