Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Which rears are you running?
The same as the front, sized for the 3 to 4.5" lift, 18.34 compressed and 30.31 stretched.
Based the selection according to MC shock lengths (MC shocks are the same length at both ends ).

For someone running the standard remote reservoir Fox shock up front, I believe the choice would be:

• Front remote resi for 4.5 to 6" lift (18.34 / 30.51)
  • Rear piggy back for 3.5 to 4" lift (18.34 / 30.31)
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I have my own copy of his spreadsheet saved and used it extensively prior to ordering my Accutune fox 2.5s lol I have "3.5-4 lift" shocks on my jeep with only 2" of lift thanks to that spreadsheet lol
Ha, same here.
The ironic part is that the suspension on my JLR is so stock I could probably confuse a dealership. 392 shocks, JLUR 660/661 front springs (counter's winch sag), Mopar lower control arms, & Metalcloak DuroSpring bump stops. All other link bars are stock, even the stock steering damper (revised twice).

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Totally understand the outboarding concept, and maybe the raised mount is part of that design. Most likely a MC shock issue and not intended for every shock used with their kits.
MC's front lower shock relocation brackets are meant for their Rocksport shocks or any others with as long or longer extended length, to prevent the shock body from contacting the frame at full droop. They also rotate the lower shock bushing 90° from factory orientation, so they can cycle radially instead of relying on misalignment. Most of the shift in position is outward, with a slight rise to clear a 17" wheel.

The 6-packs get paired with front upper relocation brackets, which helps the shock body clear the frame at full droop. They also drop the upper mounting point about 2.5", which is meant to take full advantage of their extremely short collapsed length. This allows the benefits of roughly a 32" extended shock, minus the downside that comes with the longer shock body of a conventional shock of the same extended length.

I also have their rear lower relocation brackets that serve the same purpose as the front uppers, with the added benefit of being able to chop about 1.5" off the factory shock mounts, which lessens that potential low hanging snag point.

1st pic portrays the initial mistake I made by adding both the front upper and lower relocation brackets, but is useful for showing both brackets installed. The lowers ended up back in their box within 5 minutes of being installed. 2nd pic is to show the upward shift and potential gain of ground clearance.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox DSC rears in front? 20200813_083857
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox DSC rears in front? 20220616_135517

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
To prevent adding more bump, may want to consider either fabbing or sourcing the Bilstein remote resi lower brackets. Similiar to the MC's, but move the bottom mount only outward and not upward.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox DSC rears in front? 20220616_135517
Would you know if bilstein sell the brackets alone?

Sponsored

Bajaordie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’JL
Was in rush and stuck the resi’s here after installing the bumper they didn’t work in original config. Fittings and shorter hose thought about making them pb
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox DSC rears in front? FC0EA140-C2B1-4848-A090-F88D7E9CF2B4

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
whats the long answer? not sure i even understand valving, but maybe something to do with pressure in each compartment?
The animation I made below should help visually explain whats going on inside a shock. We change the shims/valve disks. These disks control oil flow through the piston, which ultimately is where your ride quality comes from.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
Seems there are some assumptions here that the person with these shocks simply bolted them on with no knowledge of what they were doing. There are some articles out there about using Ford Raptor Fox Shocks on the JL. So. let's assume on a positive note that this person got some take-off valved reservoir shots at a fraction of the cost of new shocks and used them where they could. For argument's sake lets also assume they were capable of tuning them themselves. Huge $$$ saved on a completely viable option by repurposing a better shock than what they had. Not everyone simply buys and bolts on - some actually have mechanical skills and do some custom mods on their own that WORK.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Seems there are some assumptions here that the person with these shocks simply bolted them on with no knowledge of what they were doing. There are some articles out there about using Ford Raptor Fox Shocks on the JL. So. let's assume on a positive note that this person got some take-off valved reservoir shots at a fraction of the cost of new shocks and used them where they could. For argument's sake lets also assume they were capable of tuning them themselves. Huge $$$ saved on a completely viable option by repurposing a better shock than what they had. Not everyone simply buys and bolts on - some actually have mechanical skills and do some custom mods on their own that WORK.
The owner actually joins the discussion about half way through.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Short sway links, in comparison. If those are MC 3.5 coils, you might be a little short. The coils look smaller than MC 3.5 though…hard to tell. Great looking rig in any case!

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation