First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
They are 2” 2.0 bumps. I actually think i can thread them up a little further for a bit more up travel, but I haven’t had a chance to get it back on a lift to cycle everything.

After changing to the AGM sliders, the only noises I hear are when the slider makes contact with the timing rings or when the bump stop makes initial contact with the king bumps. That said, those noises can only be heard driving slow in places like a parking lot with the window rolled down. Overall, MUCH quieter with the new sliders.
Also wanted to thank you for the tip on the AGM Sliders!

I’m mid build right now and it would’ve driven me insane to hear a bunch of spring noise from the kings after install and then find the solution only to have to tear it all back down again to change the sliders and put it all back together.

Similarly to how you only rocked the King sliders for a month before switching to the AGM’s.

AGM’s ordered up and goin in the the first time with the King’s, hopefully this week!!! Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone here!!!

Cheers 🍻
Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
on the ud60s in the rear end did you use the stock brackets to come onto ud60s and the coilovers and the sway bar links fit? Can you post more detailed pictures of those areas near the brakes and the bracketry thank you, nice setup by the way.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
...I haven't measured travel but I believe it's a 13" stroke shock... how does it get advertised 15"?
...It should be a 12" stroke and the shocks are mounted 30 degrees from vertical. 1/cos(30*) is a 1.15 correction factor, 12 x 1.15 = 13.8" of wheel travel...

Jeep Wrangler JL EVO High Clearance Long Arm Kit Issues Shock-Travel-trig_01a

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I dont measure 30 degrees i measure 17 degrees for front and 24 for rear. But i dunno how to math

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I dont measure 30 degrees i measure 17 degrees for front and 24 for rear. But i dunno how to math
Well ... it’s EVO so all bets are off

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Well ... it’s EVO so all bets are off
Yep, dont care for it. Ive gone through these shocks about 5 times to get them competent for me. Still too long, and the bracketry is a pain in the ass. Front is the only bracket i have of theirs left.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Nah Evo didn't supply correct hardware for the swaybars so I skipped install all together. I picked up the hardware needed, if I put back on I'll post clearance pics for you!

I messed up and continued the EVO parts to match like a fool and the inner liners I picked up is another fine example of EVO craftsman ship and quality control. Incorrect hardware for mounting LOL so sick of this company

Literally the best fitment of this entire jeep was the sub $200 amazon Fenders. The mounting and hardware was a breeze

Another can of worms I opened on this build was the secondary rings on my jeep are no where close to the 1/2" mark, and all the way at the bottom of thread can go it seems to be a consistant 1.5" away on each corner

I can't believe they tell you to use a flat screwdriver and a hammer to loosen and tighten the lock nuts. Every C/O kit that I've had for road cars come with C spanners to do it correctly.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe they tell you to use a flat screwdriver and a hammer to loosen and tighten the lock nuts. Every C/O kit that I've had for road cars come with C spanners to do it correctly.
You cant really get a spanner in there to adjust the stop rings, brass punch or the like works better, i just use a screwdriver, they get all chewed up from the springs anyways so it doesnt matter to me at least

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Making progress

IMG_20200321_164834.jpg

IMG_20200321_164801.jpg
How the hell do you have so much clearance between your rear King bumps and the Axle???

I have the same bumps and same rear bolt on Coilovers from Evo and I have less than 2” before I’m hitting strike pad…. It’s quite annoying actually - can’t wait to replace these crap sagging King springs (with only 6k miles on them) with some Eibach ones appropriately tuned for my setup!!!

Edit Before I post: looks like this goddamn Evo strike pad extension is in the way on mine….

Jeep Wrangler JL EVO High Clearance Long Arm Kit Issues 363AC271-93AB-4E48-A656-38E3B130B1DC

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
How the hell do you have so much clearance between your rear King bumps and the Axle???

I have the same bumps and same rear bolt on Coilovers from Evo and I have less than 2” before I’m hitting strike pad…. It’s quite annoying actually - can’t wait to replace these crap sagging King springs (with only 6k miles on them) with some Eibach ones appropriately tuned for my setup!!!

Edit Before I post: looks like this goddamn Evo strike pad extension is in the way on mine….

Jeep Wrangler JL EVO High Clearance Long Arm Kit Issues 363AC271-93AB-4E48-A656-38E3B130B1DC
Yessir, remove it and adjust bump down accordingly 👍🏻 I have the foxs in the rear but no bump pd on the axle
Sponsored