First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone here installed or run the RK 3.5" Adventure Series Long Arm or EVO 3.5" High Clearance Long Arm on their JLUR? Looking for honest feedback with real experience. I am starting to plan my build and I am not finding a lot of info on the two lifts I am after. For reference, this is my DD...for now, and it will get a lot of road miles with my job. I am not someone that wants to pay to do things twice, so not looking to do a budget lift before a full kit. The plan is to do a 3.5" Long Arm Lift and run 37s. I liked that the Adventure Series kept the 4 Link in the rear, and once its not a DD I can just set it up as a rear 3 link. I ran a 2.5 RK Lift on my previous JK and was happy with their quality, I just don't know anyone personally with EVO experience. If it matters I am in Utah so terrain options are endless...newish to Utah and new to owning a Wrangler in Utah. Please help lol.

TLDR here are my questions:

Rock Kralwer 3.5" Adventure Series Lift: Do you Recommend? What shocks are you running? Any points or concerns?

EVO MFG 3.5" High Clearance Long Arm: Do you Recommend? Any points or concerns?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Has anyone here installed or run the RK 3.5" Adventure Series Long Arm or EVO 3.5" High Clearance Long Arm on their JLUR? Looking for honest feedback with real experience. I am starting to plan my build and I am not finding a lot of info on the two lifts I am after. For reference, this is my DD...for now, and it will get a lot of road miles with my job. I am not someone that wants to pay to do things twice, so not looking to do a budget lift before a full kit. The plan is to do a 3.5" Long Arm Lift and run 37s. I liked that the Adventure Series kept the 4 Link in the rear, and once its not a DD I can just set it up as a rear 3 link. I ran a 2.5 RK Lift on my previous JK and was happy with their quality, I just don't know anyone personally with EVO experience. If it matters I am in Utah so terrain options are endless...newish to Utah and new to owning a Wrangler in Utah. Please help lol.

TLDR here are my questions:

Rock Kralwer 3.5" Adventure Series Lift: Do you Recommend? What shocks are you running? Any points or concerns?

EVO MFG 3.5" High Clearance Long Arm: Do you Recommend? Any points or concerns?
Love the TLDR! I did read everything though. Evo makes quality products but I’d suggest RK. Their stuff is just dialed in great and they do what I consider things the right way.

Brett

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
As Michael already said, a top quality suspension setup will work fine for most people.

But, for me, I wanted the smoothest ride, highest ground clearance and maximum articulation without binding. So, I went with the RK Adventure X Series. I mainly went with this kit because the lower rear links are on the side of the frame vs hanging below on the Adventure Series. I don't think you can just convert the rear from a 4 link to a 3 link in the future due to the different mounts. I may be wrong, but I think you'd have to cut off the Adventure Series rear mounts and then weld on the X Series mounts. I am running ADS remote reservoir shocks and I love the setup, was daily driving it up until recently.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As Michael already said, a top quality suspension setup will work fine for most people.

But, for me, I wanted the smoothest ride, highest ground clearance and maximum articulation without binding. So, I went with the RK Adventure X Series. I mainly went with this kit because the lower rear links are on the side of the frame vs hanging below on the Adventure Series. I don't think you can just convert the rear from a 4 link to a 3 link in the future due to the different mounts. I may be wrong, but I think you'd have to cut off the Adventure Series rear mounts and then weld on the X Series mounts. I am running ADS remote reservoir shocks and I love the setup, was daily driving it up until recently.
Pics??...... thinking about long arms

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Personally, I like the Adventure X over the Adventure Series for the added ground clearance at the axle and frame. I also like the adjustable anti squat and roll center that the Adventure X has over the Adventure Series. You really can't go wrong with any of our long arm setups though.

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I like the Adventure X over the Adventure Series for the added ground clearance at the axle and frame. I also like the adjustable anti squat and roll center that the Adventure X has over the Adventure Series. You really can't go wrong with any of our long arm setups though.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR 3.5" Long Arm RK or EVO? IMG_1931

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR 3.5" Long Arm RK or EVO? IMG_1931
Sweet...... is that Betty White?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Sweet...... is that Betty White?
That is Betty White!!! That poor girl has had so many different looks and setups, it isn't even funny. And, now, she has a new owner.

1st setup.jpg

1st setup 2.jpg

2nd setup.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, what specific pics do ya want?
Mainly where the brackets are relocated to, and one showing ground clearance, whatever you got, I don’t want to trouble you over it
Thanks man

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Mainly where the brackets are relocated to, and one showing ground clearance, whatever you got, I don’t want to trouble you over it
Thanks man
Surprisingly, I don’t have very many pics of the setup. So, I’ll crawl under tomorrow morning and get some pics.
Here is a couple I have. The flex pic isn’t even maxed out, walked up this in 4lo and lockers off. The other pic is when I was getting ready to put on the PowerStop pads and rotors. Shows nicely that the arms are at the frame level.

E253113E-EB72-4437-85EE-E435FB6CC66B.jpeg

DD8A6F15-DE9E-4A4A-9F22-DA2CECB409D0.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Surprisingly, I don’t have very many pics of the setup. So, I’ll crawl under tomorrow morning and get some pics.
Here is a couple I have. The flex pic isn’t even maxed out, walked up this in 4lo and lockers off. The other pic is when I was getting ready to put on the PowerStop pads and rotors. Shows nicely that the arms are at the frame level.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR 3.5" Long Arm RK or EVO? DD8A6F15-DE9E-4A4A-9F22-DA2CECB409D0

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR 3.5" Long Arm RK or EVO? DD8A6F15-DE9E-4A4A-9F22-DA2CECB409D0
Yeah..... I like it! Rig looks great dude! I’ve got the xfactor on now and it’s awesome, But you know how it is, grass is greener and all that shit.......:)

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Yeah..... I like it! Rig looks great dude! I’ve got the xfactor on now and it’s awesome, But you know how it is, grass is greener and all that shit.......:)
If you look at the flex pic, you can see the rear LCA mount on the frame. The rear arm is nicely protected by the frame.
Here is a pic when the Jeep was on a hoist. The front can droop this much. I haven’t lifted a front tire off the ground yet, so not sure what it would take to fully drop this much when wheeling.

F5D39221-7A37-42F0-BAEC-C5953AFD97FC.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Found a front flex pic, same spot as the side one.

46DE3053-22FB-4046-8DC9-87E55421F297.jpeg

Nothing spectacular, but gives an idea of its motion. Jeep is very level.
I’m getting great flex out of the xfactor, I’m just trying to determine what the other benefits would be.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR 3.5" Long Arm RK or EVO? 08B60925-9F22-43A5-9C5E-D2FDFDDB4E2A
Sponsored

Last edited: