First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
epic-4wd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Argh the Evo Trackbar bushing is already shot on the front. Such a disspointment but at this point I can't do anything but laugh. Less than 800 miles on it

Not sure how I used it wrong but not gonna bother asking EVO.

What's everyone else out there running?

Been reading through the trials and tribulations of your build, and sympathize with you 100%. Which bushing on the EVO trackbar is shot - the axle-side heim joint, or the frame-side rubber bushing? I'm personally running the Teraflex Alpine trackbar, and may need to run a different trackball to clear the Synergy Sector Shaft/Trackbar Brace - EVO was on the list due to a rubber bushing on the frame side.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Argh the Evo Trackbar bushing is already shot on the front. Such a disspointment but at this point I can't do anything but laugh. Less than 800 miles on it

Not sure how I used it wrong but not gonna bother asking EVO.

What's everyone else out there running?
RK

OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Been reading through the trials and tribulations of your build, and sympathize with you 100%. Which bushing on the EVO trackbar is shot - the axle-side heim joint, or the frame-side rubber bushing? I'm personally running the Teraflex Alpine trackbar, and may need to run a different trackball to clear the Synergy Sector Shaft/Trackbar Brace - EVO was on the list due to a rubber bushing on the frame side.
Yeah it was the Frame side rubber bushing. Just so confused how that happened. If the tires cause alot of vibes on the road, maybe I could understand but that makes no sense either because offroading it would get shot then in a single trip

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it was the Frame side rubber bushing. Just so confused how that happened. If the tires cause alot of vibes on the road, maybe I could understand but that makes no sense either because offroading it would get shot then in a single trip
Giving their track record with you on your build, you think it’s possible it was already compromised and you just didn’t see it? Not visible on install but didn’t take much to tear it up, idk, just babbling, lol.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How bad is the play in the bushing/joint? I have been chasing down some ghost wobbles and I too thought it was my evo trackbar, replaced with synergy and still have the same problem. I did hear on banned site about a run of bad evo trackbar bushings, I believe the bushing was damaged when it was pressed in. Might want to ask Evo about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Giving their track record with you on your build, you think it’s possible it was already compromised and you just didn’t see it? Not visible on install but didn’t take much to tear it up, idk, just babbling, lol.
How bad is the play in the bushing/joint? I have been chasing down some ghost wobbles and I too thought it was my evo trackbar, replaced with synergy and still have the same problem. I did hear on banned site about a run of bad evo trackbar bushings, I believe the bushing was damaged when it was pressed in. Might want to ask Evo about it.
Could be for sure a bad batch but they play is maybe 1/4" each side which i dont think is intended lol

Tomorrow I will have some time to get a video of it on and its play while turning, and then take it apart to see what the F happened to it.

Wonder if i can go to Kartek and make a my own with heims both sides. Sub $100, maybe 10 or less f bombs, seems worth a shot. I grabbed a RK one for now but its almost identical to evo design so it will be interesting to see if this goes bad as well.

side not, PSC is no joke. Not even driving the same jeep anymore, and its spookily tracking very nice and almost can take hands off wheel for a while. Tosses the trepadors around heavy beadlocks left n right no problem now

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Could be for sure a bad batch but they play is maybe 1/4" each side which i dont think is intended lol

Tomorrow I will have some time to get a video of it on and its play while turning, and then take it apart to see what the F happened to it.

Wonder if i can go to Kartek and make a my own with heims both sides. Sub $100, maybe 10 or less f bombs, seems worth a shot. I grabbed a RK one for now but its almost identical to evo design so it will be interesting to see if this goes bad as well.

side not, PSC is no joke. Not even driving the same jeep anymore, and its spookily tracking very nice and almost can take hands off wheel for a while. Tosses the trepadors around heavy beadlocks left n right no problem now
I think with rk having heim on axle side let’s the axle move without putting front to back stress on the bar making it less likely to wear out frame side bushing. Just a thought. I don’t have as much going on as you with coil overs but I wheel mine pretty hard, so far so good. Been on there over a year now. .......
9BED9012-9415-4523-997D-52A1F435CFD0.jpeg

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Bummer about the track bar. To my knowledge Evo uses an OEM bushing on the frame side. You usually don't want to run a heim on both ends unless your track bar is straight. If there's any kind of bend or preferred orientation you need a centering bushing. I would just press out the bad one and find a decent poly bushing that will fit.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
1/4" play each side is quite a bit. I didn't look for play in the evo before I replaced it. However I did check recently for play with the synergy installed and there is zero movement FWIW. The only play I have now is what it seems to be the synergy draglink TRE's... hear/feel some clunk on both ends as well.

Envious of the PSC system you have, I think that is the next step haha Did you get the ram assist too?

edited: Sorry looked back at your pics and see you have the king stabilizer. Good to know that without the ram still easy to turn those monsters/

OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
1/4" play each side is quite a bit. I didn't look for play in the evo before I replaced it. However I did check recently for play with the synergy installed and there is zero movement FWIW. The only play I have now is what it seems to be the synergy draglink TRE's... hear/feel some clunk on both ends as well.

Envious of the PSC system you have, I think that is the next step haha Did you get the ram assist too?

edited: Sorry looked back at your pics and see you have the king stabilizer. Good to know that without the ram still easy to turn those monsters/
I actually just got the PSC and Ram assist finally on a few days ago! Was using the king as temporary.

Just took it apart and yeah its shot. The RK Trackbar didnt arrive like it was suppose to today but all good as long as its here by friday. I am gonna change the bushing out for something else and test that. Seems to be hitting under flex as well .

IMG_20200506_161822.jpg

IMG_20200506_161838.jpg

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wow, yeah My synergy is rock solid.

nice choice with the PSC, if I go that route definitely get the ram assist, might as well lol

OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
RK trackbar from Northridge went MIA lol what a cursed jeep.

Had my buddy call Evo and they gave him a replacement bushing under warranty to try to put on. So that was kind of a plus, and now we can really see if it was faulty or not.

IMG_20200507_152831.jpg

*EDIT*:
Drove about the same, only difference was on freeway now less mini violent rumbles especially with a bend in the road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Dammit so the Evo Trackbar bushing on chassis side went bad again

So gave that another chance and failed, time for the RK one. I'm wondering what's causing this tho

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wow that sucks about the Evo bushing! Hopefully the RK will serve you well! Been running the RK setup and it's been solid!

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Been reading through this thread I have the same kit on my rig with the long arm from Evo. I actually had extra hard wear in my packs and this is not the first time I've used their coilover kit I had one on my JK as well. Didn't really have any issues with the lift install until I put UD 60s on my Jeep then everything turned out to be custom. Ud60s make it very difficult to put coilovers on because of the size of the brakes it can be done but it's tight but because the price I got on duty 60s it was worth it.
My observations on track bars I've been through two RKs and a Teraflex. I'm currently running the RockJock trackbar for the JL and have no issues whatsoever. In fact it's lasted the longest time that is any of them have ever lasted including the ones on my JK.
Rig looks really nice man.
20201219_163814.jpg
Sponsored