Sponsored

EVO High Clearance Long Arm Kit Issues

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone have experience with this kit? Aside from missing hardware which whatever at this point - but I'm having a lot of these holes not match in size. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Pain in the ass to find out they aren't correct sizes after install. Not too happy considering price of this kit. Expected higher QC

*Front Passenger Lower Arm
*Bolt Calls for 5/8", hole is 9/16

Gonna go drill this b*tch out unless someone can chime in and tell me I'm wrong lol
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Did you call EVO? I know stuff happens but every time I had a question I have had fast response via messenger/email. For your issue I would definitely call though, you are right about the cost of the kit and certain expectations etc.

OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did you call EVO? I know stuff happens but every time I had a question I have had fast response via messenger/email. For your issue I would definitely call though, you are right about the cost of the kit and certain expectations etc.
Yeah still waiting for a response. If I get time between work I'll give them a call around 2p if no response. Of course only time I'm free to call is usually before they open or after they close LOL

I went ahead and drilled the holes to proper size already. Just want clarification at this point nothing was wrong. It will be badass once all assembled, but the constant going back n fourth to the store is such a drag for missing stuff

OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Update:

Evo confirmed Holes were suppose to be 5/8" not 9/16". Anyone installing this kit please do check before you weld onto the frame, it will save plenty of time and prevent from ovaling one of the holes

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Honestly no one should waste their $$ on this kit. Im gonna tear off all the logos once im done and change lower arms to custom ones and slowly change out the rest.

Their customer service is pretty mediocre. They told us that if they went and spent the time to check every hole as well as verify hardware is all there they would charge us double. Uh you guys need a reality check..

What a poor answer and I lost all respect for that company.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Honestly no one should waste their $$ on this kit. Im gonna tear off all the logos once im done and change lower arms to custom ones and slowly change out the rest.

Their customer service is pretty mediocre. They told us that if they went and spent the time to check every hole as well as verify hardware is all there they would charge us double. Uh you guys need a reality check..

Wow, what a disappointment. How do these guys stay in business?

sierrarockcrawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU, 2017 Jeep JK
Vehicle Showcase

That is unbelievable! I would not have that guy talking to customers for sure.

OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah agree, just like at any of my businesses if I have an employee that causes a bad service it will tarnish the brand.

Im sure they have off the shelf products that are simple/nothing missing and minimal contact to EVO needed which is their core. Then there is the one offs like me that dont get something traditional and suffer.. lol

This kit im not gonna run a front or rear swaybar for now. Front I took out entire system, rear was missing hardware so instead of another trip to the store I figured no sway bar in the back would be easier. Once i get a final list of misc. stuff then Ill prob grab the bolts from the store and put the rear sway bar back on. Rest of hardware looks to be all accounted for from here on out

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Yeah agree, just like at any of my businesses if I have an employee that causes a bad service it will tarnish the brand.

Im sure they have off the shelf products that are simple/nothing missing and minimal contact to EVO needed which is their core. Then there is the one offs like me that dont get something traditional and suffer.. lol

This kit im not gonna run a front or rear swaybar for now. Front I took out entire system, rear was missing hardware so instead of another trip to the store I figured no sway bar in the back would be easier. Once i get a final list of misc. stuff then Ill prob grab the bolts from the store and put the rear sway bar back on. Rest of hardware looks to be all accounted for from here on out
Their core is their shop builds and selling to other shops. Even their simple stuff is missing hardware. Their rear LCA skids have never included new bolts despite needing them to properly engage the stover nut with the added width of the bracket.

And you’ll be fine running with no sway bars, the stability control is so ridiculously intrusive it will be tough to get into any sort of trouble. I’d get the rear put back on eventually for wheeling, then just leave all the front crap off perma.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Do you have a link to this kit? There must be over a dozen JL lifts on their site.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I only have experience with their rocker bombers. What cracked me up, is in the box they say, "STOP!" verify parts and contact EVO immediately if something is missing... well... I was missing one of the plates and guess what?! I call them and they said, "sorry since you ordered it from Northridge, you need to contact them and they will contact us." Thanks for wasting 30 minutes of my life. So I finally get what I needed, and some of the parts powder coated and started the install. Vague instructions, and of course, hardware is missing. So 2 trips to the hardware store later I finally have what I need. So I agree with your frustrations. Do I like their products over all? Sure - so far. Do I believe they should do a better job packaging and inventory prior to shipment? Absolutely. And if they didn't clearance the holes properly to begin with, then it sounds like there is a quality control issue in their production line. Nothing is more frustrating than starting a job and part way through having to stop and try to figure out what is missing on what you need or things are not lining up. Especially on information or a lack their of. I was considering this kit as well, and at this point you made me start to wonder. And if I do make that leap in the future, should I just pay them to do it since its their kit and they can unfuck it? I hate to sound like a complainer, but those are critical things for the consumer who prefers to do the work themselves. Northridge 4x4 was awesome by the way... They always pull through clutch when things like this happen.

OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Good job, especially on the rear air bumps. A lot of people get lazy and skip those. Did you use the accutune brackets?
I picked them up directly from King & as far as I remember nothing special was needed other than some cutting. It goes in place where the OEM spring went

I only have experience with their rocker bombers. What cracked me up, is in the box they say, "STOP!" verify parts and contact EVO immediately if something is missing... well... I was missing one of the plates and guess what?! I call them and they said, "sorry since you ordered it from Northridge, you need to contact them and they will contact us." Thanks for wasting 30 minutes of my life. So I finally get what I needed, and some of the parts powder coated and started the install. Vague instructions, and of course, hardware is missing. So 2 trips to the hardware store later I finally have what I need. So I agree with your frustrations. Do I like their products over all? Sure - so far. Do I believe they should do a better job packaging and inventory prior to shipment? Absolutely. And if they didn't clearance the holes properly to begin with, then it sounds like there is a quality control issue in their production line. Nothing is more frustrating than starting a job and part way through having to stop and try to figure out what is missing on what you need or things are not lining up. Especially on information or a lack their of. I was considering this kit as well, and at this point you made me start to wonder. And if I do make that leap in the future, should I just pay them to do it since its their kit and they can unfuck it? I hate to sound like a complainer, but those are critical things for the consumer who prefers to do the work themselves. Northridge 4x4 was awesome by the way... They always pull through clutch when things like this happen.
Ya man I hear you. When I buy an RC car Kit I can feel safe knowing it's 100% there on point lol

If you go the Evo high Clearance Long Arm Kit, just have them do it. $3k & it's "their problem" so they can definitely unfuck their own mess lol

It wasn't the $$ amount for me, more the hit I get from doing projects like this. But there was very little joy lol

Also I haven't measured travel but I believe it's a 13" stroke shock on a 1:1 ratio so how does it get advertised 15"?
Sponsored