SD Mudder

First Name
Mozart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Hello all,
New member here. So, I've been told to wait a bit before searching out a long arm kit for the JL, mostly because there aren't that many in production quite yet. I'm thinking by now some have to be available and notable. Any suggestions? Running 35"s now, but considering 37"s with the long arm. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. I have tons of other questions for ya'll, but I'll start there. Thanks!
Sponsored

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM MegaCab, 2018 Jeep JL, 2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Hello all,
New member here. So, I've been told to wait a bit before searching out a long arm kit for the JL, mostly because there aren't that many in production quite yet. I'm thinking by now some have to be available and notable. Any suggestions? Running 35"s now, but considering 37"s with the long arm. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. I have tons of other questions for ya'll, but I'll start there. Thanks!
I'm sure there are quite a few long arm kits in development but the 2 that I know of for sure are Rock Krawler Suspension and CRC. I have a prototype Rock Krawler Suspension setup that I am installing on my JL race Jeep. I'll post some pics later this week.

OP
OP

SD Mudder

First Name
Mozart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I'm sure there are quite a few long arm kits in development but the 2 that I know of for sure are Rock Krawler Suspension and CRC. I have a prototype Rock Krawler Suspension setup that I am installing on my JL race Jeep. I'll post some pics later this week.
Awesome thanks! I've been a TJ guy for years, so this whole "new" Jeep thing is a trip with limited parts available. I'll look into both. Appreciate the reply.

OP
OP

SD Mudder

First Name
Mozart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Here’s a master list for all suspensions available for the JL, set up by another member. Big credit to him!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...lift-kit-suspension-options-master-list.3690/

Available are : EVO and ROAM. Quite a different approach concept wise.
Wow that DOES deserve big credit! I'm so used to having so many options with my '05 TJ, that I'm not accustomed to things being "still in production" as I'm learning with the JL. Thank you for the link!

Sponsored

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
What kind of wheeling do you do? If I were running 37's, I doubt I would go long arm. The JL arms are sooooo much longer than the arms from the TJ days (I had a TJ, Miss it!) That being said, I am currently installing the EVO high clearance long arm set as I am planning on 4-4.5 inch lift as I am also running 40's currently. Main reason I am going long arm is for the coilovers. I am looking to get as much downward travel as possible as I am retaining the factory Rubicon Fender Flares.

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Word is.. Teraflex will be coming out w their longarm kit Q1 2019

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running a @ROAM long arm kit with 14" travel coilovers and it performs great on/offroad. They include very long arms. The arms do hang a little low in the rear, but that is so that you can install them and clear the frame etc with factory height bumpstops. On our last offroad trip I dragged one of the rear arms, but it held up great. With the 40's I'm currently running requiring decent height bumpstop to clear the rear sheetmetal(Even with it trimmed) I think I could get away with some arms that are straight or bend slightly upwards and still clear the frame.
long arm.jpg

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I was told Rock Krawlers kit will be available first of 2019, January(ish) and priced comparably to the JK version with just a bit of markup.
Also Teraflex is coming out with their Alpine longarm kit 1st quarter 2019 but it sounds like Feb-March time frame.

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I'm running a @ROAM long arm kit with 14" travel coilovers and it performs great on/offroad. They include very long arms. The arms do hang a little low in the rear, but that is so that you can install them and clear the frame etc with factory height bumpstops. On our last offroad trip I dragged one of the rear arms, but it held up great. With the 40's I'm currently running requiring decent height bumpstop to clear the rear sheetmetal(Even with it trimmed) I think I could get away with some arms that are straight or bend slightly upwards and still clear the frame.
long arm.jpg
:rock:

Sponsored

JP_Quixote

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RAM 1500
What kind of wheeling do you do? If I were running 37's, I doubt I would go long arm. The JL arms are sooooo much longer than the arms from the TJ days (I had a TJ, Miss it!) That being said, I am currently installing the EVO high clearance long arm set as I am planning on 4-4.5 inch lift as I am also running 40's currently. Main reason I am going long arm is for the coilovers. I am looking to get as much downward travel as possible as I am retaining the factory Rubicon Fender Flares.
I'm curious how you like the EVO long arm coilover setup with 40's? Do you get full range of motion, or do you need big bumps to reduce uptravel? Any pics you can share? ;-)

I've been waiting on a diesel wrangler for literally years, and definitely eyeing that EVO long arm coilover setup...

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
I'm curious how you like the EVO long arm coilover setup with 40's? Do you get full range of motion, or do you need big bumps to reduce uptravel? Any pics you can share? ;-)
I've been waiting on a diesel wrangler for literally years, and definitely eyeing that EVO long arm coilover setup...
I like them. I am saving up for the airbumps right now as I have not adjusted my bumpstops yet because they do hit my fenders even after I chopped them. The down travel is insaaaane with the coilovers and the arms definitely keep the angles proper. I didn't want to wait for the Diesel and I will end up doing a hemi swap on this one if I keep it long enough. That being said, If I test drive the diesel gladiator and really, really, really love it.... This one might end up on the chopping block as I travel with motorcycles and bicycles a ton and love having a truck bed. The concept of 20mpg+ with big rubber and gobs of torque sounds nice.
Sponsored