Sponsored

ESS Battery Cable Change

Go Hogs!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Take a look at the first post in this thread. Some time in 2021 they changed the two ground cables, that is what requires these adapters.
I know about the change but I have seen people with ‘22 models just bolt down the larger connector to the smaller terminal without doing anything and it works.
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Sorry, yes you can do that as long as you’re not also trying to connect a winch ground.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Sorry, yes you can do that as long as you’re not also trying to connect a winch ground.
I have a 2021 (new style). Can I move the winch ground to one of the body ground connection points, so I don't need the non-stock looking connectors? (Jeep is still under warranty, I don't want to give them any excuses).

Thanks.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I have a 2021 (new style). Can I move the winch ground to one of the body ground connection points, so I don't need the non-stock looking connectors? (Jeep is still under warranty, I don't want to give them any excuses).

Thanks.
I don't know for certain but I wouldn’t try it. The winch pulls a lot of current and you’d be relying on all of the connections between wherever you connect and the battery to be sufficient.

Sponsored

mjindy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius (Wife’s); 2021 Sting Grey Willys Unlimited
My dash yellow service start/stop warning light popped on. I’ve been searching this site and YouTube to find a way to remedy this problem. Here is what I think might work, but I’m not sure?? See pictures.
1. Remove fuse 42 from fuse box.
2. Disconnect the aux cable from battery.
3. Unplug the left plunger under hood.
Thanks.

IMG_0521.png

IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0520.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My dash yellow service start/stop warning light popped on. I’ve been searching this site and YouTube to find a way to remedy this problem. Here is what I think might work, but I’m not sure?? See pictures.
1. Remove fuse 42 from fuse box.
2. Disconnect the aux cable from battery.
3. Unplug the left plunger under hood.
Thanks.

IMG_0521.png

IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0520.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg
Yes, remove fuse F42 and then disconnect the Aux battery negative cable from the Main's neg side. Do NOT fool with the plunger. Leave the 2 plungers alone!

IF your Main is iffy, you will still see the Evic warning.

Read here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jumperless-aux-battery-bypass.95945/

mjindy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius (Wife’s); 2021 Sting Grey Willys Unlimited