Occupation
Independent strategy advisor

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
That is good to know.

It's all back together now. It'd be an effort to get that number. It's not part of the seat harness, which if seat related I would think would be there. There's no place I can see where to connect it to and it's a short wire so it couldn't be far.

These things are so hard to get lose when you're trying to remove them it's hard to believe it would have popped lose while trying to find the key.

These things have so many options now, who knows?
Do you have heated seats? If not, probably that connector.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I (recently, when I was trying to figure out what your "thingamabob" is) found out airbag connectors are "brightly colored like red and yellow." Good to know.
Can you search the numbers printed on the connector? I can't quite read them enough to do an accurate search. I think there are wiring diagrams around the forums, too.
Could it be an "advanced safety feature" feature?
Not 100% sure if OP's is the same, but the loose, unconnected wire harness under the seat is supposed to be an unused diagnostic port. There's been a few threads about it and iirc, some have it there and some don't (probably routed somewhere else like the random unconnected harness sometimes found near the OBD-II port). Diagnostics for what, I have no clue. Maybe to check the restraint system or airbags?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...hat-this-disconnected-connector-is-for.10888/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/identify-“plug”-under-driver-seat.79039/

Resin Addict

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
Seems like I recall a discussion regarding that unused plug, and it referencing something used during assembly, and having nothing to do with the final operation of the Jeep…got the same (unhooked) in both of mine.

Sponsored

68Jeepster

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 4 door
Good point. I wonder if it's possible to still get a new Jeep that comes with a simple set of keys? If not does any manufacturer still make a key ignition? Just curious...

Sponsored

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

I'm a bit more frugal than some. I used these 3/4" foam pipe on my seats to seal the gap to the black hole.https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-4-in-x-6-ft-Foam-Semi-Slit-Polyethylene-Pipe-Insulation-ORP07812/204760801 (H/T to @Olga who h/t'd to @Jeepmarkjl) - a meme $2.11 here.

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
At Kroger the other the day, the cashier asked me how many apples in the bag? I said half a dozen. She stops, gives me a dirty look, and says how many? I said 6. She replied, why didn't you just say that the first time.

She actually didn't know or never heard of half a dozen. I couldn't friggin believe it, no wonder stores are going to self-checkout, which I hate btw. Next time I'll make it a baker's dozen. ?

Jeep Wrangler JL Dropped key fob, can't find it giphy
I was at a McDonalds once where chicken nuggets were sold in sets of 6 and 20. I ordered 12 but was told that they only sold 6 or 20. I said give me two sets of 6. God help me, that's not even stupidity over language.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
I was at a McDonalds once where chicken nuggets were sold in sets of 6 and 20. I ordered 12 but was told that they only sold 6 or 20. I said give me two sets of 6. God help me, that's not even stupidity over language.
It's like a weird moment in life when you tell yourself self this is actually happening. ?

Last edited: