First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I don't go out looking to bounce my rig off a tree but at the end of the day, I bought a jeep. Besides, southern Va pinstriping adds 10 HP, right? ;)
Sponsored

BlackRubi4xe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubicon 4xe
I went with partial PPF (installed by my local shop) and windshield protection film (installed by me from grab-gard.com). Ceramic coating over both.

The reality is the ppf helps with debris hitting your vehicle. It will never hold up to scraping along a rock in the trail. So it depends the kind of offroading you'll do.

The ceramic coating helps a ton with cleanup, you can remove dirt much easier, so don't scratch it up yourself as much.
I think I will make the investment, especially since I got black. Did you get the sides and front done? Does it protect well from pinstripes if you brush against branches / bushes etc?

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Debating getting PPF for my new Jeep. Worth it? Does it hold up well?
It holds up extremely well. The moderns self-healing stuff is tremendous. And it comes with a 10 year warranty on materials AND labor.

The only question on PPF is whether you want to spend $5-7k on it. If you can afford it, it’s absolutely worth it.

BlackRubi4xe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubicon 4xe
It holds up extremely well. The moderns self-healing stuff is tremendous. And it comes with a 10 year warranty on materials AND labor.

The only question on PPF is whether you want to spend $5-7k on it. If you can afford it, it’s absolutely worth it.
That’s good to know, thanks. I think it will be worth it for me in that case. Absolutely want to use it and enjoy it properly, but at the same time want to try and look after it where I can.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I think I will make the investment, especially since I got black. Did you get the sides and front done? Does it protect well from pinstripes if you brush against branches / bushes etc?
My JLR is white with unpainted black fenders. After 3.5 years the fenders have scratches and a few rock gouges but the body tub is remarkably un marked. I am not counting rolling back into tree tail/ light thing. White body with Black fenders show marks less than most other colors and painted fenders.
[/QUOTE

can PPF be applied to the unpainted?fenders

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Did you PPF all the painted surfaces? We did the front end, mirrors, door edges and rocker panels on our X3 for $3,000.
if I were to order a new Wrangler I would likely do the same

j2.pictures

First Name
Justin Null
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
CDJR Salesperson
Just curious how many people care about scratching up their new (or newish) JL? I care less. 🤙🏼 I would take a picture of the scratches to prove it, but the paint has been buried under a few layers of mud for quite awhile. 🤣.

In all honesty, I am scared of dents.
I personally do not mind the trail scratches, but dents I despise! I know it will happen sooner or later but let's see how long I can go without a dent. :LOL:

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I personally do not mind the trail scratches, but dents I despise! I know it will happen sooner or later but let's see how long I can go without a dent. :LOL:
Dents and scratches underneath are fine in my book, though I like to avoid the big hits on the underside. Dents to the body on the other hand I can’t abide with those!

Sponsored

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Yes, it does pretty well with this. Ppf scratches still with brush running along the side. But it is partially self healing for a while. And when it eventually needs to come off, it's protected the paint underneath. If you view it as a sacrificial layer, it can last a really long time.

rfg9585

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Sahara JLU
Occupation
retired
The 1st thing I did was take my JLUR to the shop and got it wrapped with 3m 10yr clear wrap. Since, I have been over a ton of trails and only have strips on the mirrors. Paint still looks like new. Did the same with my 2018 sport and sold it "as like new".

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
I feel like the dents and scratches are the true badge of honor. I bought it to go have fun. Some of the harder trails don’t see much use and get overgrown, so pinstripes are normal. The dents…well I’d rather the factory steel bumper not mash into the rear body, or the factory sliders not press into the the body their trying to protect. I’ll probably just get better aftermarket protection and touch up paint the chips. All the deformation is going to stay, and get added to.

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Just curious how many people care about scratching up their new (or newish) JL? I care less. 🤙🏼 I would take a picture of the scratches to prove it, but the paint has been buried under a few layers of mud for quite awhile. 🤣.

In all honesty, I am scared of dents.
West Texas pin striping is just part of the life in an area of Mesquites, Cholla and Spanish Daggers.

N8TVTXN

First Name
Raymona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport; Ordered a 2023 JLUR
It makes me cringey and careful until the first one then it's likes, whew that's over, let's go have fun.

But really, I guess it depends on the story attached to the scratch/dent, right?
Sponsored