Did they really do anything ?

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
I’ve said it many times here and I’ll say it again.

People may say that I have trust issues.
But this is the exact reason why I do my own tire rotations, change my own oil, and make my own sandwich.

Stick by these 3 rules and I promise you will lead a safe and healthy life. Physically and mentally speaking.
yup, those free oil changes just aren't worth the hassle of going back and forth anymore. they overfilled oil TWICE even reminding and making sure the service advisor understands that its only 5 quarts and not six.
Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
What engine is this? On the 3.6 thats not where the oil filter is located.
I was wondering the same. Never had issues with my wave oil changes and tire rotations, but not sure what I’m looking at in this picture?

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Op
Check your receipt. Does it list a new oil filter?

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I was wondering the same. Never had issues with my wave oil changes and tire rotations, but not sure what I’m looking at in this picture?
You're looking at the 2.0. oil filter that appears to be the original filter - not one that was just changed. The 3.6 uses a cartridge filter I guess, the 2.0 filter is down low next to drain plug. It's easy to get to though and oil changes are simple AF on this engine.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
When the dealer did my last oil change and tire rotation- they stripped / damaged about 1/2 the lug nuts and overfilled the oil. I do it myself now.
Same here...when my son and I installed the Rubicon goodies on my Sport I discovered about 8 or 9 lug nuts that had galled threads from a previous Jeep Wave tire rotation with the OEM steel wheels. Fortunately, the studs were OK, and I had leftover lugs from the Mopar locking lugnut kits, so we just swapped them out.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
not surprised. exactly the bs dealer will do.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ok so I went to my local Dealer, not where I purchased my jeep, for my first oil change and tire rotation at 4999 miles. all seemed ok they were fast about a half hour to 45 minutes and I was out the door. I was busy with errands yesterday and did not check anything until this morning. I go to the garage and check the oil it looks clean but slightly overfull about a half inch on the dipstick. I crawl under to check the oil filter and make sure there are no leaks, that's when I notice the oil filter says FACTORY INSTALLED ! on it and is not even clean. filter is covered with road dirt just like the underside of the Jeep. I'm Pissed and i'm thinking they never changed the filter at all. Just did a drain and fill with an unknown oil. Now I have to go back and fight with them. Lucky I have photo proof cant wait to see what they have for an explanation. I'm not even sure they rotated the tires now. At @JeepCares Care to comment ???
Jeep Wrangler JL Did they really do anything ? 1619407716075
Don't just report this to the service tech, they are all buddies and it will stay between them. Try to get to the owner, branch manager or what ever. Who ever did this needs to lose their job....

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Ok so I went to my local Dealer, not where I purchased my jeep, for my first oil change and tire rotation at 4999 miles. all seemed ok they were fast about a half hour to 45 minutes and I was out the door. I was busy with errands yesterday and did not check anything until this morning. I go to the garage and check the oil it looks clean but slightly overfull about a half inch on the dipstick. I crawl under to check the oil filter and make sure there are no leaks, that's when I notice the oil filter says FACTORY INSTALLED ! on it and is not even clean. filter is covered with road dirt just like the underside of the Jeep. I'm Pissed and i'm thinking they never changed the filter at all. Just did a drain and fill with an unknown oil. Now I have to go back and fight with them. Lucky I have photo proof cant wait to see what they have for an explanation. I'm not even sure they rotated the tires now. At @JeepCares Care to comment ???
Jeep Wrangler JL Did they really do anything ? 1619407716075
Yea you cannot trust a dealership to do oil changed properly. I stopped using my free ones and started doing the oil changes myself because they kept putting an extra quart in. I actually got into an argument with 2 of the "techs" over how much oil goes into the JL. They said "ALL WRANGLERS TAKE 6!!" Boy his head was hanging pretty damn low when he realized he was wrong.....

Last edited:

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
You just can’t get any better than Discount Tire. You can watch while they work on your vehicle and any problems of any kind with your tires are repaired for free. I have had nails in tires, valve stems leaking and everything was fixed for free. Also never had to wait very long to get into shop. I wouldn’t let any dealership even put air in my tires.
Um, other than that time they did a tire rotation on my Fiat 500 Abarth and just jacked of the body, causing damage to the body on both sills.

Or that time the other Discount Tire nearby did a mount and balance for me on a Jeep. Something felt wrong on the drive home. All of the tires were over 90 psi (spare over 120). I called the manager and he told me that was impossible because their compressors don't even go that high then wanted to argue with me.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I live in a city and don’t have access to a garage etc to do it myself
I too live in a city and don't have access to a garage. I roll my Jeep up on ramps (though they are not needed they make the job easier) and lay down on a worn down gravel driveway with dirt and grass in-between. Or just go to an autozone parking lot and roll under there on a more flat surface.

cthomas31

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sport S Manual Soft top
The dealerships seem to forget that the JL oil capacity is 5 quarts instead of 6 like the JK. I took mine for the free oil change and they overfilled it by an entire quart! I’ve been changing it on my own ever since.
Sponsored