Sponsored

Crash

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The people who commented and said you were at fault for not leaving enough space are wrong. This isn't the case in any state, the driver who caused the chain rear-end is always at fault.

When I handled liability investigations the easiest way to determined what happened was to ask the lead vehicle how many impacts they felt. If they said they felt two, this would indicate that the OP rear-ended them (impact one) and then the OP was rear-ended (impact two). If they said they felt one impact it would indicate the OP was rear-ended and pushed into the lead vehicle. It would be even further supported if the driver of the lead vehicle said they heard an impact and then felt an impact.
Also, no one is pulling an EDR for a crash without serious injuries.
Sponsored

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I’m also glad no one was hurt. I’m only commenting about A totaled Jeep. Someone turned left in front of me and I had a bent frame(replaced - that took a month, before they could reconstruct the Jeep - 3 months of down time) and $27,000 of damage and it was not totaled.

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
What's the speed limit on the road. My guess she was doing 25-30 mph.
I’m also glad no one was hurt. I’m only commenting about A totaled Jeep. Someone turned left in front of me and I had a bent frame(replaced - that took a month, before they could reconstruct the Jeep - 3 months of down time) and $27,000 of damage and it was not totaled.
wow! That’s what I am facing as all of the parts are on back order.

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I hope that you were at least able to receive a diminished value settlement.

ThatJLOverThere

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Does anyone know the approximate speed (rear impact) which would cause the JL’s seatbelt ratcheting system to fire and lock in place (smelled like a spent round)?
My 2 door JL was rear ended by a 7 passenger SUV, who did not apply her breaks, at all. The force pushed me into the trunk of the sedan in front of me. Both the driver who hit me and I were cited (careless driving), I’ll be contesting that citation.
I was just wondering if anyone with crash experience could answer some questions. For what it’s worth my airbags did not deploy despite front impact. Post crash airbag service light came
I got rear ended at a stop light and the girl was driving an Altima going 45 and didn’t even slow down. She went under us and we shifted a little forward from the impact but barely felt anything, no airbag deployed and I dont think the seat belt even needed to snap us back

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
The body shop manager just called, the frame is on back order until mid September. He also informed me that they are unable to fully appreciate all of the damage until the the frame arrives and they can begin the dissembling and reassembling process. If COVID ramps back up in the fall, as predicted then Jeep could stop production, again. This thing could be a long twisted rabbit hole. If they deduce that it’s totaled (adjuster says “IF” floor pans are damaged), then I have to go through that whole mess. I have GAP, but have heard that it’s no walk in the park either. Has anyone totaled a vehicle with GAP insurance and have advice, should it come to that.

Last edited:

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
The body shop manager just called, the frame is on back order until mid September. He also informed me that they are unable to fully appreciate all of the damage until the the frame arrives and they can begin the dissembling and reassembling process. If COVID ramps back up in the fall, as predicted then Jeep could stop production, again. This thing could be a long twisted rabbit hole. If they deduce that it’s totaled (adjuster says “IF” floor pans are damaged), then I have to go through that whole mess. I have GAP, but have heard that it’s no walk in the park either. Has anyone totaled a vehicle with GAP insurance and have advice, should it come to that.
Have you explored the possibility of trading it in? The dealer will fix it at his cost and retail it out the door. I've done this before and it ends the "mess".

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Have you explored the possibility of trading it in? The dealer will fix it at his cost and retail it out the door. I've done this before and it ends the "mess".
Last week it was declared a total loss.

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Agreed.