Sponsored

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
I got pit maneuvered from a guy coming from my right at a stop sign ('12 Rubi JKU - Orange Crush). He didn't see me and hit my rear passenger side. Was doing about 30MPH. It rolled twice. Like Ape said, you don't have time to be afraid. The weird falling sensation was interesting. I had a soft top rolled back so I could actually see the pavement coming at my head as I was falling. After the first roll I was like .."okay...we got this" then it rolled again, "doh!" It landed on all 4 wheels, accelerated, jumped a curb and headed for a tree. I slammed on the brakes and threw it into park about 20 feet from the Ash tree. The jeep was structurally intact. Ever try to roll a square brick? Kinda funny. I had no injuries other than being EXTREMELY sore on my left side for about 2 months. I actually had disc golf league that night and went and played at league. I knew that the adrenaline was good until about the following day lol. Day 2 was fun but hey. Any crash you can walk away from.

Bottom line. Being in a rollover crash (albeit low speed) I though the rollbars worked perfect. I am glad I had seatbelt on. Always have seatbelt on. You NEVER expect to be in a crash.
Sponsored

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
Always have seatbelt on. You NEVER expect to be in a crash.
Amen to that. I won't put my Jeep into gear until all passengers are belted in (including the dogs). I won't risk it.