European Crash Test Results

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
It's true, the JL isn't the safest vehicle on the road. I purchased mine because it's fun to drive, tows easily behind my fifth wheel, plays great in both the desert and the woods and has pretty good street manners. Safety ratings are only part of the equation. If crash tests are you #1 criteria, go to another vehicle. BTW, I also own a fun to drive Corvair. Guess that makes me a dead man walking.
Would love to see a picture of that Corvair! Fun little cars.
Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Grammar... then look at your post. Classic and amazing rolfmao.
“You’re” very correct, amazing to see someone with piss poor grammar calling out others. I appreciate “your” lexicon and how you phrase your thoughts :like:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Wow, the last 2 pages got a bit heated. It seems people are taking the topic personal. Take a deep breath and gather your thoughts. It's just a simple conversation about safety. I agree the title of the thread is antagonistic, and probably considered "click bait", but you all clicked on it too (just like me and a bunch of other people who didn't post replies). We can still have a civilized conversation even if the title strikes a nerve.

Well put right here ↓↓↓
...Acting like its a test of loyalty to not discuss safety is absurd....

koinneach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jluxr
Out of curiosity, has anyone compared the safety of the G Wagon vs the Wrangler? I would assume they are pretty similar as both have ladder frame chassis, albeit doors and roof aren't removable on the Gelandewagen.

Up where I live ( and I'm sure in every other affluent neighborhoods) there are plenty of G-Wagons driven by moms who drop off their kids to private schools. These people pamper their snowflakes, and I doubt they'd want to wheel them around in a death box. I would think a JL is no different, but that's just my speculation based on cursory googling and forum research.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Grammar we dont need no stinkin gramar where we`re going!

Yeah you guessed it i am an old cantankerous sob who types with a broken thumb but then sgain you got my drift

Obear

First Name
Osheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited sport 4banger
Here's my 2 cents.

The main reason for the deduction of 50% of the points is the fact that it did not have any lane assist, brake assist, blind spot monitoring, automatic braking, no crumple zones for pedestrians you may hit with your car. This accounts for the missing 2 1/2 stars.

The rear passenger hitting their head on the door frame can be easily remedied by creating a pop down airbag connected to the exterior of the sport bar, similar to the side airbag in between the two doors on the unlimited JL. This should bring it up another 1/2 star.

The chest compression issue with the driver is an unknown to me and they don't explain it well. Either its the air bags causing chest problems in the dummy or the FCA might have went the low cost route on belt tensioners. If remedied, another 1/2 star.

As far as I can see, this truck is so solid that the front driver/passenger and rear passenger compartments never get compromised. Hence the reason every dummy is flying around.

Ladies and gentlemen, my conclusion is this is a solid truck when ordered with the advanced safety group and safety group. The air bags should be retrofitted to the rear sport bar and the driver belt tensioner/ air bag issue could easily be resolved by retrofitting current vehicle.

My 2 cents.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Grammar "POLICE" usually post when they don't have anything intelligent to say about the subject of the THREAD !

W.E.

JIMBO
I agree mostly. But dang, some posts are so poorly written, it makes it hard to follow what they are trying to state.