BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
Ok, nut job site, but what about Giacomino Nicolazzo, is he one of Italy’s most beloved writers?

BTW, multiple sites running the article....here's another.....and not a "Nut Job" site, IMHO.
https://theaimn.com/about/
BTW...I don't see it as a "Nut Job" site.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Without commenting on the site itself, I will say this.....

When any organization writes something like this:
‘China also now owns controlling interest in Fiat-Chrysler......’

I am VERY skeptical of the site, what ever site it is. Why? This is a very easy fact to properly source and, it doesn’t seem to have been sourced at all. It makes me wonder about the veracity of the other “facts” in a written piece.

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Separately, I do believe that the COVID outbreak in Italy came on a wing directly from China. It was either brought by a Chinese or Italian worker/employee of a company doing business in Italy or a Italian/Chinese tourist. There are equal probabilities of both.

as it relates to “China buying up everything”, that is also well documented. China is using its cash to buy existing foreign businesses just as the Japanese did in the 80’s, the Americans have done since 1950, and the Russians are doing too. Does China have a nefarious purpose? Yes, sometimes. And so did all the others listed.

the US had a terrific “strategic asset business” starting back in the 1980s.....
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51467536

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...as it relates to “China buying up everything”, that is also well documented. China is using its cash to buy existing foreign businesses ... Does China have a nefarious purpose? Yes...
This explains the buy in of the dirty kabob shops across the US. All too well. For all the reasons you mentioned. Someone should tell them hot dogs literally aren’t hot...dogs.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Ok, nut job site, but what about Giacomino Nicolazzo, is he one of Italy’s most beloved writers?

BTW, multiple sites running the article....here's another.....and not a "Nut Job" site, IMHO.
https://theaimn.com/about/
Coupla things here:
Nicolazzo is a self-published American writer of children's books, cookbooks and short stories, though he does predominantly write about Italy. Even though I am a teacher of literature, I had to look him up, as I had never heard of him.

The AIM Network, by its own description, is a blog site. It presents neither verified information nor peer review. It is the Wikipedia of the Aussy journalism world.

Stand Up America US is absolutely a nut job site, spewing nothing but unfounded (and certainly unsupported by any verifiable means) far right wing rubbish. The "poster" of this particular bit of offal, Paul Vallely, also the chairman and founder (and possibly only contributor), has shared and spewed nothing but fascist tripe of the first order since her retired from the Army (unfortunate to think that a man of such skewed views once commanded the brave and valuable men and women of our armed forces).
But, hey, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Sponsored

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
They have the Trump car too, Trumpchi motors...:like::rock:

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
The 50% interest China owns is in the section of FCA IN CHINA. It has nothing to do with the rest of the world's Jeeps or Chryslers or Rams. This what happens when a source with an axe to grind spins a piece of info. They get you worried about something that's not real.

OP
OP
BigLew

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
Thanks....just wanted your opinions. Have a great week!

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Well most of it is true! My parents are from southern Italy and they saw the change back in 2015. Immigrants coming from all over with free health care room and board. Same as in America! It just needs to be controlled you just can't waltz in to any country

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Well most of it is true! My parents are from southern Italy and they saw the change back in 2015. Immigrants coming from all over with free health care room and board. Same as in America! It just needs to be controlled you just can't waltz in to any country
What about Austria, birthplace of the waltz? Like, you should be to samba into Brazil and jitterbug into the U.S. Stepdance into Ireland? Tango into Argentina? Should make clearing customs more interesting...

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
This is a really interesting comment.

there is a thread on these boards about getting America re-engaged in manufacturing. I fully agree that we can and should re-build our industrial base. But here is the rub: there aren’t enough workers to do that. Prior to COVID, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of well-paying jobs in the manufacturing/industrial sector were going unfilled. Why? There was nobody to fill them. We did not have enough legal workers who could pass a drug screen, and show up to work every day for a decent wage to fill those great jobs. Skilled, semi-skilled jobs were simply going empty.

therefore, if we intend to rebuild manufacturing, we are going to need to have a whole lot more legal immigration..... a whole lot more.... millions more... as we start to build more factories right here.

why was Italy importing workers? I don’t know but I surmise that with the demographic of the oldest country in Europe (and close to the top globally), there wasn’t enough Italian workers to work in factories. I would imagine that they likely turned to EU citizens first and, when that wasn’t enough, turned to other nations around the globe.

To me, it is impossible to have it both ways: no western country (especially and “older” one) can expand its manufacturing base without workers. So, you must have more immigration from other places. If you don’t want immigration, then you can’t expand manufacturing. Down the road, technology may continue to make labor less of a factor of production. But for now, quality hardworking labor must be found to make stuff.

are you sick and tired of buying that iPad/iPhone/iDoddle made in China? I am. I want it made here. Great. Now, find me a couple hundred thousand workers, please, and let’s all recognize that the iDoddle is going to cost a lot more.

Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
The reason there is an FCA instead of Chrysler rests with the previous administrations insistence that Chrysler sell a minority share to Fiat as part of a taxpayer funded bailout...Part of the Obama administrations bailout of Chrysler included Fiat buying a 20% stake in Chrysler with provisions to increase it to 35% if they met certain government proposed MPG standards. Also part of this taxpayer funded bailout package was a 55% stake in Chrysler given to Auto Union...which later sold their stake to Fiat...Government intervention at it's finest.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.