Caster Specification for the JL

Dank

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just had my JLU at the alignment shop checking the alignment after I installed the lift and they did not have the JL in there system, so they used the JKU specifications to set everything up. The Toe is pretty straight forward and I assume it's about the same for the JK, but the Caster is what I'm curious about. The JK range is 3.2 min and 5.2 max, my setting ended up being 4.6 for the left and 4.4 for the right. The lift is the EVO 2.5 Enforcer with adjustable lower arms.
Sponsored

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
We have been seeing the best results in the low to mid 5s. Have a couple of customers even running up close to 6 degrees with a 3.5" lift.

OP
OP

Dank

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ended up changing mine to 5.9 left and 6.0 right and the Jeep drive completely different, very stable with no wander. The JL spec looks to be 4.80 + - 1.00, I'm clearly on the high side but very happy with drive so far.

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Off the axle

IMG_20180924_145628.jpg
Are you sure that is correct?

This image is from a jk. The 2 holes in front of the axle if it measure 0 = 6 degrees caster. I am wondering if there is an image for the JL showing what it would be. I am not getting a consistent measurement on the front axle and i tried the top of the upper ball joint

On the JK if you have 0 degrees on the axle then you have 6 degrees of caster. and if you have 6 degrees at the axle you would have 12 degrees of caster.

main.php?g2_view=core.jpg

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

This image is from a jk. The 2 holes in front of the axle if it measure 0 = 6 degrees caster. I am wondering if there is an image for the JL showing what it would be. I am not getting a consistent measurement on the front axle and i tried the top of the upper ball joint

On the JK if you have 0 degrees on the axle then you have 6 degrees of caster. and if you have 6 degrees at the axle you would have 12 degrees of caster.

Im curious as well if that picture works on the jl as well

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase

You maybe be right. Guess I'll have to go back out and fix that.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for my false information guys
No worries, the JL is still new so i think we are all learning the ins and outs of it. And in terms of the front driveshaft and pinion angle, it wont be too much of an issue in terms of vibration due to the FAD disengaging the front driveshaft. If you are using 4 hi a lot it might cause some vibrations.

Also remember that when you lift it you are changing caster and pinion angle. When you are adding back caster you are returning pinion angle back to stock or close to stock specifications, although the drive-line angle is changing.
Sponsored