Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
No worries, the JL is still new so i think we are all learning the ins and outs of it. And in terms of the front driveshaft and pinion angle, it wont be too much of an issue in terms of vibration due to the FAD disengaging the front driveshaft. If you are using 4 hi a lot it might cause some vibrations.

Also remember that when you lift it you are changing caster and pinion angle. When you are adding back caster you are returning pinion angle back to stock or close to stock specifications, although the drive-line angle is changing.
I ended up looking at [Banned Site] (I know, I know) and he recommended an angle of 92 or 88 depending on how your gauge is on that hole that I previously took a photo of. That changed my LCA length to just under 24 1/2" (Mopar springs) and I'll certainly be taking it to an alignment rack in a few days.
Sponsored

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
so just to confirm. Caster and pinion angles are not independently adjustable? If you run more than 6deg Caster you will go negative on pinion?

thanks!

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
so just to confirm. Caster and pinion angles are not independently adjustable? If you run more than 6deg Caster you will go negative on pinion?

thanks!
Correct when the housing is built and welded together the caster is set. Companies like Dynatrac cut and rotate the housing and set the caster and pinion angle were you want.

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So i finally got my lift installed, centered both front and rear axles and tried to tweak my caster. At this point i am completely lost as to what measurement to use

I am getting a range from 2 degrees at the flat spot next to diff cover to as much as 8 degrees on the flat vertical side on the inner C next to the upper ball joint.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I ended up at 5.8 and 6.1 and the Jeep handles and drives really sweet. Also I can feel the front driveshaft engage on the highway in 4hi but there’s no vibration. 3.5” lift. I think it’s a real sweet spot to get that nice drive feeling. 38” tires. I drove my buddies with 3.8 and 4.0 degrees on a mopar lift and it’s an entire different not so nice feeling. I wish mopar would have added another 1/4” to their longer lower arms that come in the kit. I went from a stock 24” center to center arm to 24-7/16” on my 3.5” RK lift and that gave me the 6 degrees I was shooting for.

DF195DF4-8F19-4201-9979-7AE026ABCE50.jpeg

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
do you have an angle finder and are willing to take measurements on your front diff near the cover / upper ball joint / flat side next to upper ball joint / bottom of inner c?

Trying to see if any of those measurements reflect your alignment

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We took ours in for alignment and have the caster real close to yours. The rest of the front is jacked with 120 miles on it. Drivers camber was like 1.8 and passenger was .9 I think. There wasn’t any way to adjust that. The guy doing the alignment has been doing them for 27 years so I’d like to think he’s very compentent

Brett

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
We took ours in for alignment and have the caster real close to yours. The rest of the front is jacked with 120 miles on it. Drivers camber was like 1.8 and passenger was .9 I think. There wasn’t any way to adjust that. The guy doing the alignment has been doing them for 27 years so I’d like to think he’s very compentent

Brett
Yep, camber is fixed on our solid axles.

Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I believe I've seen camber shims for the JK and I know they make camber bushings for ball joints for solid axles... Not sure about JL application.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe I've seen camber shims for the JK and I know they make camber bushings for ball joints for solid axles... Not sure about JL application.
That’s what we’re waiting for. I’m surprised it’s so far out. Wonder if that could be a warranty issue since it isn’t inside the tolerances?

Brett

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up at 5.8 and 6.1 and the Jeep handles and drives really sweet. Also I can feel the front driveshaft engage on the highway in 4hi but there’s no vibration. 3.5” lift. I think it’s a real sweet spot to get that nice drive feeling. 38” tires. I drove my buddies with 3.8 and 4.0 degrees on a mopar lift and it’s an entire different not so nice feeling. I wish mopar would have added another 1/4” to their longer lower arms that come in the kit. I went from a stock 24” center to center arm to 24-7/16” on my 3.5” RK lift and that gave me the 6 degrees I was shooting for.

DF195DF4-8F19-4201-9979-7AE026ABCE50.jpeg
I'm getting my alignment adjusted as I'm typing this. Also have a 3.5" lift on 38" tires and looking to narrow down my loose steering. Numbers came back that my Caster was at a 9!!!!!! I showed them your numbers and that you said it handled much better so I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel after the adjustments.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting my alignment adjusted as I'm typing this. Also have a 3.5" lift on 38" tires and looking to narrow down my loose steering. Numbers came back that my Caster was at a 9!!!!!! I showed them your numbers and that you said it handled much better so I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel after the adjustments.
Please measure the angle of the axle at the hole near the pumpkin please .

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caster of 9 degrees would put that pinion angle down pretty low too. Glad you’re getting it straightened out

Brett
Sponsored