Factory caster specs - are these ok?

Gursaihaj

First Name
Gursaihaj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021
I have a jeep rubicon jl 2021 My caster specs are 4.04 for left and 4.09 for right is this okay? And if not how do i adjust the caster because I haven’t lifted the jeep it’s completely stock please help meee!

DEAB32FA-0040-4914-AD74-097E8BBDD821.jpeg
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a jeep rubicon jl 2021 My caster specs are 4.04 for left and 4.09 for right is this okay? And if not how do i adjust the caster because I haven’t lifted the jeep it’s completely stock please help meee!

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory caster specs - are these ok? DEAB32FA-0040-4914-AD74-097E8BBDD821
Get some Mopar lift lcas…….

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Those are the stock specs for a Rubicon… and the stock specs are BS. Jeep gave the Rubi a lift and instead of including longer control arms, they just revised the caster spec to make whatever it ended up the “norm”. Shitty thing to do to a car that regularly pushes $50k.

Your options:
- get used to squirrely steering.
-get the Mopar lift kit lower control arms (lca). This will get you a little under 6. Not great, but tons better than 4 degrees and cheap!
- Just go to adjustable lca. More expensive, but this will get you where you need to be. This is the route I went.

OP
OP

Gursaihaj

First Name
Gursaihaj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021
Those are the stock specs for a Rubicon… and the stock specs are BS. Jeep gave the Rubi a lift and instead of including longer control arms, they just revised the caster spec to make whatever it ended up the “norm”. Shitty thing to do to a car that regularly pushes $50k.

Your options:
- get used to squirrely steering.
-get the Mopar lift kit lower control arms (lca). This will get you a little under 6. Not great, but tons better than 4 degrees and cheap!
- Just go to adjustable lca. More expensive, but this will get you where you need to be. This is the route I went.
My car pulls to left dues these specs because i drive it india and the roads are slanted to left and these specs make it worse and yeah so you mean the caster specs are completely stock nothing’s wrong?

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
My car pulls to left dues these specs because i drive it india and the roads are slanted to left and these specs make it worse and yeah so you mean the caster specs are completely stock nothing’s wrong?
The side to side difference most likely means that your axle tubes weren't welded to the carrier parallel to each other. The bottom ball joint on one side is rotated further forward than the other. There is no fix for that other than cutting the tube off and welding it back in the proper position.

That said, I don't know that .05 difference would cause it to pull much. Maybe, but I don't specialize in alignment. I agree with the others that advise a control arm swap to push your caster into the 6 range. Side to side will still be different, but overall stability should improve.

OP
OP

Gursaihaj

First Name
Gursaihaj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021
The side to side difference most likely means that your axle tubes weren't welded to the carrier parallel to each other. The bottom ball joint on one side is rotated further forward than the other. There is no fix for that other than cutting the tube off and welding it back in the proper position.

That said, I don't know that .05 difference would cause it to pull much. Maybe, but I don't specialize in alignment. I agree with the others that advise a control arm swap to push your caster into the 6 range. Side to side will still be different, but overall stability should improve.
My car’s brand new and the dealer checked it and said evrything is completely fine i just want to know are these caster specs same as the factory specs

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I got adjustable LCA’s when I put a takeoff rubi suspension on my sport a few weeks ago, Castor went from ~4.3 up to ~6.4. Drives much better than it did stock. Holds its line on the highway perfectly. If you can spring for the adjustable LCA’s and really dial in the right number, it’s worth it!

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My car’s brand new and the dealer checked it and said evrything is completely fine i just want to know are these caster specs same as the factory specs
From a dealer perspective it is within specs. This is how the Jeeps are built.

It seems like the caster you have is biased to overcome road crown pull on a right side drive roadway rather than a left side drive roadway.

If you want to adjust the caster easily you will need adjustable control arms. When you acquire and install adjustable control arms you can set the left arm to provide slightly more positive caster than the right, which would be appropriate for a left hand drive roadway that is crowned in the center.

Good luck.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
ALLDATA says caster specs for 2021 JL are as follows:
Sport 5.35° +/- 1°
Sahara 5.05° +/- 1°
Rubicon & all others 5.05° +/- 1°
Cross caster is 0° +/- .50°

They also list a note that says caster must be equal to or greater than 4° for all models.

So technically, you are within the minimum acceptable spec, but not at the ideal spec.
Sponsored