Sponsored

Cancelled upgrades

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Why buy or build anything then? Even the Wrangler is going to continue to get better over time.. and then... They will release a remodeled Wrangler. There is always a reason not to buy and then not to build.

Got my 18 sport s. Gonna build it the way I like it. If I really want something capability wise that it doesn't have I can always build it up to that.

I like the bronco, but there is no need to stop what I'm doing because of it. In a few years the ev off-roaders will take capabilities to yet another level from the factory. When is what you have good enough? A well built tj or jk is an awesome off-roader today. If having the latest tech is important, then don't build anything. Just lease and every 3 years get the latest and greatest again.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I am being an overzealous ass and am pompously insinuating that the Bronco will be of such poor reliability that, like most Ford vehicles, will be found on road dead and require towing. Jeep owners wanting to purchase the Bronco have cancelled their Jeep upgrades and instead are banking that money to pay the local wrecker for the inevitable tow.
Ford did tread water in average to below average reliability for cars made 2013-2016 due to new technology and engines, but seem to stabilize back to above average in reliability (this study takes in account issues over 3 year of ownership, so 2017 vehicles).
Jeep tends to sit nice and low on the chart trought the years, but it does not stop people from buying.

Screenshot_20200718-233736_Chrome.jpg

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
When is what you have good enough?
For those who feel inadequate inside and buy the Wrangler to fill the void to make themselves look better, the long term answer is always never. The short term answer is, ā€œfor now.ā€ But for those who use it for a purpose, the line is pretty clear.
Ford did tread water... Jeep tends to sit nice and low on the chart trought the years, but it does not stop people from buying.
True. Iā€™ve been in my share of plenty of Ford vehicles and donā€™t prefer them. Iā€™ve been a Jeeper for a very long time and have enjoyed them. I feel itā€™s possible for the Bronco and the Jeep to coexist in the same world. The Bronco will just need more tows.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
My ford friend tried to convince me to wait for the bronco back in 2018. I ordered my 19 in the summer of 18 he said I was stupid because the bronco was going to be here in six months and I would be really disappointed because it would have a straight axle and be cool.
Yea right ! I wouldā€™ve waited three years more for nothing but an IFS suv soccer mom wagon.
There are no soccer moms driving a two door Rubicon. And thatā€™s just the way I like it.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ford did tread water in average to below average reliability for cars made 2013-2016 due to new technology and engines, but seem to stabilize back to above average in reliability (this study takes in account issues over 3 year of ownership, so 2017 vehicles).
Jeep tends to sit nice and low on the chart trought the years, but it does not stop people from buying.

Screenshot_20200718-233736_Chrome.jpg
The business model FCA uses on Jeep is not unlike that Audi, Land Rover and Jaguar use: that is, they attract so many buyers that they can afford to lose a lot of of them after one ownership cycle. It is like trying to fill up a bath tub using a colander.

These brands lure you in with sexy styling and/or a well defined brand promise, only to find out that the ownership experience does not match expectations. The disappointment comes primarily from poor quality, bit it can also be due to poor customer treatment and many other areas.

Admittedly, Wrangler ā€”and Grand Cherokeeā€” is the exception: owners come back over and over. However, owning any other Jeep vehicle ā€”e.g., Renegade, Compass, Cherokee, etc.ā€” is for the most part a once-and-done deal.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Also , Would just like to add back in 2018 my Ford friend was convinced that Ford would have a coil spring straight axle in the front because of the super duty and past Broncos. So he was super supportive on the straight axle and how much better the bronco would be than the Toyota and any Chevy and so on and how the jeep and the bronco would be in a class of their own. Now that he found out bronco is IFS , story changed like all the rest of ford lovers and heā€™s now using the raptor argument. About how the bronco will go faster through the desert. LOL. Pretty funny.

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear, I am not interested in the Bronco, but the change in lineup as Jeepā€™s response. If suddenly I can get factory rims, 35ā€, fox shocks and a V8 for 10k more, thatā€™s my budget right there, but with more content.

I want to benefit financially from Fordā€™s war with Jeep.
Iā€˜ve never got in my 2dr Rubicon with a 3.6 and wished it had a V8. Diesel maybe.

Likewise, I never looked at the Mopar accessory catalog and wanted a more fully optioned rig. I bought the Mopar parts worth buying - the slotted rims, winch bar, 7ā€ LED lights, and rubber floor mats, but spend most my budget on better third party goodies - Synergy lift and steering kit, ComeUp winch, LOD sliders, 67 Designs mount. Iā€™m not thinking the answer to the Bronco is to wait a few years for Jeep to add in parts to match the Bronco features when you can get better parts now from third party suppliers.

I think the Bronco looked at every Jeep spec and one upped it - 10 speed auto, more HP, a 7th speed manual, better towing (2dr), bigger tires. Even if Jeep ups their standard offer in a few years to match, and they will, I am quite happy with my JLR today.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Wondering if Jeep/ aftermarket will
Modify doors and the hardtop. It seems the hardtop could be easily changed to include removable side panels like the Bronco will offer. Truthfully, other than those two options I canā€™t think of anything else I could possibly want on my 2020 Rubi.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I just wish Jeep made the ā€œSo, you want to lift it package?ā€ It comes in either manual or auto transmission with D44 axles and 4:10 gears. At this time, I donā€™t need the better transfer case or lockers.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Nope I put my money in Friday so I'm on the order list for the Bronco Wildtrak. I don't plan on getting rid of the Jeep and in fact I'm still adding little things like we do lol. That being said my wife was confused why I want to buy the Bronco but I just want to build one and see for myself how they do. Also with the IFS I think it my drive a little better on the highway so that's a plus. Our Jeep will always be in our driveway, the Bronco? Who knows how long we keep it.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
If you're not sure about the IFS versus straight axle debate. Wait
Within six months of the Broncos release some company will chop off the IFS and do a jeep conversion. Adding a coil spring left hand drop straight axle. And then they're going to tell you how much better they're $10k straight axle conversion works over the IFS.
Sponsored