Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
can I ask how towing came up
I am being an overzealous ass and am pompously insinuating that the Bronco will be of such poor reliability that, like most Ford vehicles, will be found on road dead and require towing. Jeep owners wanting to purchase the Bronco have cancelled their Jeep upgrades and instead are banking that money to pay the local wrecker for the inevitable tow.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I am being an overzealous ass and am pompously insinuating that the Bronco will be of such poor reliability that, like most Ford vehicles, will be found on road dead and require towing. Jeep owners wanting to purchase the Bronco have cancelled their Jeep upgrades and instead are banking that money to pay the local wrecker for the inevitable tow.
Yeah, all hype in my mind. It doesn't seem at all like what I'm interested in. If Jeep does come out with a v8 tho, we will again be a two jeep family

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
If FCA were smart, they'd start forcing dealers to order Jeeps with the option packages to somewhat match Broncos standard features, then fiddle a bit with the MSRP through promo rebates to make sure Jeeps aren't much different in price than what Ford dealers will be overcharging on the broncos... Then when the hype dies down, FCA will have to suck it up and make some option packages standard to not be shamed in Ford advertising. I don't know how realistic it is to expect sweeping changes to the JL to counter the Bronco. Maybe 35s on Rubicons, but there's decent money in the 33" takeoffs, so.. not much point.

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Not me. I only upgraded tires and that’s it. I had decided not to mod my JL too much to avoid issues with the dealer while it’s under warranty.

I admit it’s fun to enjoy a stock Jeep!

4B5A75A7-C129-4E15-9EB7-CC1F2A2615C5.jpeg
Whtat tire size did you go with?
Wanted to put on 275/70r18 on my Sahara wheels, but that weight and stiffness might be too harsh.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Whtat tire size did you go with?
Wanted to put on 275/70r18 on my Sahara wheels, but that weight and stiffness might be too harsh.
I got 275/70R18 KO2s: they ride smoothly, quiet on the road and grippy on snow and trail.

I had General ATX on my Toyota Tacoma: I'd rate them as good as the KO2s... but a not as pricey.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cancelled upgrades _nc_ohc=dD6ijKtx6yMAX8WX48s&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I don’t want regurgitate other threads on the same subject, but FCA forcing me to buy a Rubicon trim to get a subset of the features is where Ford diverged.

I want the Rubicon capability without having to buy Dana 44s, transfer case etc.

I want my Rubicon to be more utilitarian, and not a Sahara:
Rubber floors
Textile seats
Rubber trunk
35”
v8 option ( if the unicorn is real)
A real roof rack

It’s honestly not a big list, some of this is handled by the aftermarket. The point is that Jeep has gone $$$$ by adding thing things I don’t want, and offering limited choice.

The point of the thread is that the Bronco has forced me into pausingto see if Jeep responds. This may be 1-2 years, I don’t know. Do I want to dump 20k into a 50k vehicle? Not really.

I guess I am biding my time until 2022 to see how it plays out. The capability I have is totally fine for me, as this is my daily driver.
I think you're a bit confused as D44's and 4:1 in the transfer case are what makes a Rubi a Rubi.

I guess maybe you're just saying you want lockers w nothing else, and that's fine....but as an automaker I'm not gonna provide a D30/M186 with a factory locker AND a factory warranty. IOW the manufacturers have to hedge their bets by providing components that are LESS likely to break, if they're standing behind them.

If you don't want 4:1, then you want a Sport or Sahara. And if you don't want D44's, then FFS just order a Sport optioned as you do want and slap some aftermarket TAD's in the diffs. Voila

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I went to the yearly auto show at the convention center in 2005 long before I was even a Jeeper. I sat in many cars and trucks trying to figure out what future badassmobile I would get. Some kia's were nice with considering the price for a semi broke bachelor. Kinda liked the new chev Colorado as the s10 replacement (as i did have a 98 s10). Made my way to toyota and saw the FJ and laughed at the jeep knock off. Then i come to jeep and sat in the the new JK i think it was a sahara and it just felt nice (size, visibility, comfort). FF years later seeing FJ's on the road is like 30 to 1 for the amount of jeeps i pass. About all i can say is GL ford but maybe they should take a page from the FJ and see that there is nothing like a jeep. The amount of modabilty that most vehicles have to offer is low and Jeep on the other end with numerous items because realistically company's wont make mods unless there's enough of a base to sell and a wrangler will keep that alive for a long time.

End rant.

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I went to the yearly auto show at the convention center in 2005 long before I was even a Jeeper. I sat in many cars and trucks trying to figure out what future badassmobile I would get. Some kia's were nice with considering the price for a semi broke bachelor. Kinda liked the new chev Colorado as the s10 replacement (as i did have a 98 s10). Made my way to toyota and saw the FJ and laughed at the jeep knock off. Then i come to jeep and sat in the the new JK i think it was a sahara and it just felt nice (size, visibility, comfort). FF years later seeing FJ's on the road is like 30 to 1 for the amount of jeeps i pass. About all i can say is GL ford but maybe they should take a page from the FJ and see that there is nothing like a jeep. The amount of modabilty that most vehicles have to offer is low and Jeep on the other end with numerous items because realistically company's wont make mods unless there's enough of a base to sell and a wrangler will keep that alive for a long time.

End rant.
Although in the same class, the FJ and the wrangler offered different driving experiences. However, the new Bronco is offering everything a Wrangler offers and then some. Besides a truck bed and diesel option, I can’t think what Jeep offers over Ford.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I bought a house, but I never put furniture in it, because they might build one i like more someday.
I am so bummed that I didnt come up with that one. Priceless ! Wtg Jimmy !

"..........................its wanting what you got " Cheryl Crow

Last edited:

Gregicon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Just to be clear, I am not interested in the Bronco, but the change in lineup as Jeep’s response. If suddenly I can get factory rims, 35”, fox shocks and a V8 for 10k more, that’s my budget right there, but with more content.

I want to benefit financially from Ford’s war with Jeep.
Bingo - it's not about liking or wanting a Bronco; it's that FCA now has to deliver more content and capability per dollar spent or they will lose sales. As of right now they are behind, figuring out how to play catch-up.
Sponsored