First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Last spot in the lot

IMG_1698.JPG
That Corvette owner needs to brush up on his 2 spot technique. Never half-ass anything. If you’re gonna do it do it with your whole ass.

That Wrangler owner probably got his car keyed, though. Never incite the furry of an obnoxious sports car owner. That just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I suspect that it also depends upon your area of the country. In Texas, we have pretty large parking lots at most of the male or big box stores, so there are a lot of empty parking spots most of the year. If you want to park at the far edge of the parking lot and take two spots, it is not going to affect anyone. Just remember to drink plenty of water so you don't get heat stroke walking to your parking spot. :)
Texas parking lots have the water available . Texas parking lots have water troughs and ladles every 100 yards ; just push the longhorns aside , and you can get water whilst walking to your pick-up .

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Ive tried to park wayyyy out where there was nobody but there are ALWAYS people who park right next to me when there are literally 100 spots open. Its the most annoying thing ever. So taking up two spots is the best way to go, either that or one spot on the end. Its not narcissistic to take up two (as long as there are TONS of open spots) - its called taking care of your car to make sure all the people who could careless about their cars and denting someone else's don't park next to you.
I'd be careful of taking up two spots in some places. While I couldn't personally care less, for some people, I wouldn't risk some kind of retaliation. Just sayin'...

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I even parked with 1 side of my jeep on an island once because someone parked in 2 spots, on an end, real close to the destination.
Parked on an island just on his left , blocking his driver door ? That would be so funny !

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Wonder how many of you happy with ur jl guys examined all of your visible frame welds. After looking at over 2 dozen i havent found a single one without porous welds ans slag. You are right to stay away from the jl until the bugs are worked out.
Yes, inspected on the lot before I signed and no problems. Looked at some on the lot too.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Well put with respect to forums. I have owned a BMW X5 for 6 years and had only one failure (AC evaporator developed a leak). If one was to subscribe to the BMW forum and critique the 2013 X5, they probably wouldn't buy the vehicle (used of course).
As a BMW forum browser, agreed!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'd be careful of taking up two spots in some places. While I couldn't personally care less, for some people, I wouldn't risk some kind of retaliation. Just sayin'...
No reason for them to "relaliate" . Now , if you parked an inch to their left , blocking their driver door , then more likely .

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
No reason for them to "relaliate" . Now , if you parked an inch to their left , blocking their driver door , then more likely .
I hear ya! But there are some morons out there that would do something to your vehicle out of spite just because of the way you are trying to avoid any dings or scratches. Maybe not in a mostly empty parking lot, but certainly in a crowded one. Just something to consider.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Parked on an island just on his left , blocking his driver door ? That would be so funny !
Yep, but I did not park close enough to block his door. He may of had to squeeze a bit, but he was a skinny guy, so I'm sure it was pretty easy.

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ive tried to park wayyyy out where there was nobody but there are ALWAYS people who park right next to me when there are literally 100 spots open. Its the most annoying thing ever. So taking up two spots is the best way to go, either that or one spot on the end. Its not narcissistic to take up two (as long as there are TONS of open spots) - its called taking care of your car to make sure all the people who could careless about their cars and denting someone else's don't park next to you.
Ehhh I wouldn't do that here... I've heard of cars being keyed when they take up 2 spots in my city...so be careful with that.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
But Jeeps always hafta park together....it’s one of the rules!
Omgoodness yesss! I saw a white JK in my new parking lot at the university and I instinctively parked next to it. It was backed in and I did the same. Just so happened the owner walks out and sees me. We had a conversation for about 30minutes about our Jeeps and now whoever gets in the lot first, we park next to each other. LOL! It's a rule that can not be broken!!!

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Omgoodness yesss! I saw a white JK in my new parking lot at the university and I instinctively parked next to it. It was backed in and I did the same. Just so happened the owner walks out and sees me. We had a conversation for about 30minutes about our Jeeps and now whoever gets in the lot first, we park next to each other. LOL! It's a rule that can not be broken!!!
Probably wasn’t instinct... that was lil hulk flirting with an older woman :involve:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
We had a conversation for about 30minutes about our Jeeps and now whoever gets in the lot first, we park next to each other.
So , if person A gets in the lot first , person A parks next to Person B . [ who has not yet arrived .]

Do you mean : [ whoever gets in the lot second , will park next to the person who gets in the lot first ] ?

Or : [ whoever gets in the lot first , will be the person the second person will park next to ] ?

Just kidding and joshing , Tai ; ( It's my field , so it caught my attention .)

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Wonder how many of you happy with ur jl guys examined all of your visible frame welds. After looking at over 2 dozen i havent found a single one without porous welds ans slag. You are right to stay away from the jl until the bugs are worked out.
You know the internet is a weird place when a dude has a raging boner for less than perfect welds underneath a car.
Sponsored