Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Wrangler 1999; Jeep Sahara Wrangler 2018 HD 2006 Deluxe
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
The dealers already have access to a Technical Service Bulletin that outlines the steps that Jeep suggests to correct the problem. See post #946 in this thread. (Page #64 maybe.) But, I'm guessing that more than one person here will say that Jeep's repair procedure isn't a proper one.
Ur right wtf!!!! Page 64!
NUMBER: 31-002-20
GROUP: 31 - Collision Bulletins
DATE: October 27, 2020
This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or
transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of FCA US LLC.
This bulletin supersedes Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 31-001-19, date of issue July 31, 2019, which should be removed from your files. All revisions are highlighted with **asterisks** and include additional vehicles, model years and caution in Repair Procedure.
NOTE: Digital imaging pre authorization is required for SmartWarranty Base dealers or Pre Approval is required from Regional Office depending on market.
SUBJECT:
Aluminum Body Panel Corrosion Repair
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting and if necessary removing corrosion and refinishing the suspect aluminum panels on the vehicle, hood, door, fenders, hinges, swing gates or liftgate panels.
MODELS:
**2019 - Current (DT) 2020 - Current (JT) 2019 - Current (BV) 2015-Current (4C) 2017-Current (BA) 2013-Current (FF) 2017-Current (GA) 2018-Current (GU) 2014-Current (KL) 2013-2016 (PF) 2013-2017 (ZD) 2013-2020 (DS) 2013-Current (WK) 2013-Current (WD) 2017-Current (RU) 2015-2018 (BU) 2018-Current (JL) 2015-Current (LA) 2013-2014 (LC) 2013-Current (LD) 2013-Current (LX) 2017-Current (MP)
RAM 1500 Pickup
Jeep Gladiator
Jeep Renegade**
Alfa Romeo 4C
FIAT 124 Spider (Convertible) FIAT 500
Alfa Romeo Giulia Alfa Romeo Stelvio Jeep Cherokee Dodge Dart
Dodge Viper
RAM 1500 Pickup Jeep Grand Cherokee Dodge Durango Chrysler Pacifica Jeep Renegade
Jeep Wrangler
Dodge Challenger Dodge Challenger Dodge Charger Chrysler 300
Jeep Compass

31-002-20
-2-
2015-2017 (UF) 2013-Current (JC) 2013-2014 (JS)
2013-Current (RT)
Chrysler 200 Dodge Journey
Chrysler 200 Dodge Avenger
Chrysler Town & Country Dodge Grand Caravan
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North America, LATAM, APAC and EMEA.
DISCUSSION:
Aluminum corrosion or bubbling along the leading edge of hood, hinges or other exterior surface areas of the hinges, doors, fenders, swing gates or liftgates.
NOTE: This only applies to aluminum panels. To determine if the panel is aluminum, refer to collision manual for material specifications> DealerCONNECT> Service Library> enter year, model, engine> select collision info tab (adjacent to diagnostic tab)> 31- Collision Information> Specifications> Standardize Material Identification.
DIAGNOSIS:
Aluminum corrosion or bubbling on the doors and/or hinges (Fig. 1) .
Fig. 1 Examples of Bubbling
Aluminum corrosion along the leading edge of hood or other exterior surface areas of the doors, fenders or liftgates (Fig. 2) .

Fig. 2
Examples of Corrosion Along Leading Edges
Is corrosion evident on the aluminum panel surface (Fig. 2) ?

1. 2.
YES>>> Must receive authorization from vehicle digital imaging and/or Regional Office. Once approval is received from digital imaging or Regional Office, Proceed to Step 1 of the diagnosis procedure.
NO>>> Submit the vehicle digital image for further analysis.
Remove blistered paint from the panel surface with 80 grit grinding disc.
After digital imaging or Regional Office approval and removing the initial blistered paint from the panel surface with 80 grit grinding disc, is severe pitting exhibited that cannot be removed with sandpaper, 3M Clean and Strip Disc or equivalent (Fig. 3) ?
Fig. 3 Corrosion Examples
• YES>>> Replace the panel.
• NO>>> Proceed to Step 1 of the repair procedure.
-3- 31-002-20

31-002-20
-4-
PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty.
3 (AR) 3 (AR) 1(AR) 1(AR) 1(AR)
1(AR) 1
Part No.
NPN NPN NPN NPN NPN
NPN 06103087AA
Description
500 grit Sandpaper Sheet
800 grit Sandpaper Sheet
80 grit Sandpaper Sheet
180 grit Sandpaper Sheet
3M􏰀 3” Clean and Strip Disc 3M􏰀 p/n 07470 or equivalent
3M􏰀 Scotch-Brite Scuffing Disc 07467 Maroon or equivalent
Anti-Corrosion Pen
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Remove affected panel. Refer to the detail service procedures available in: DealerConnect> Service Library under: Service Info> 23-Body> Exterior> Removal.
CAUTION! **For any panel with exterior mounted hinges, avoid removal of the hinge from the Class-A panel unless absolutely required. This will minimize the risk of breaking paint around the hinge perimeter which will create further damage and additional sites for subsequent corrosion development.**
2. Remove all trim components necessary to refinish the suspect panel.
3. Wash the suspect panel with soap and water to remove all dirt and debris.
4. Grind the corroded areas of affected panel / component to bare aluminum using a right angle grinder equipped with an 80-grit grinding disc.
NOTE: If surface areas are difficult to access with a grinding disc, use a 3” roloc􏰀 clean and strip fiber disc attached to a rotary tool to remove.
5. After corrosion removal, feather sand the area with 180 grit sandpaper and finish sand with 3M􏰀 Scoth-Brite Scuffing Disc 07467 Maroon or equivalent.
6. Sand the remaining exterior painted surface of the panel with 800 grit sandpaper.
7. Prepare panel for refinish, remove all remaining dust, clean with PPG􏰀 DX330 Wax and Grease Remover or equivalent and tack cloth the surface.

NOTE: PPG will be referenced as the primary product. Other approved FCA refinish paint manufacturer brands are acceptable if equivalents are available. Refer to the list of FCA approved refinish paint manufacturers:
Paint Supplier
Akzo Nobel􏰀 Axalta􏰀
BASF􏰀
PPG􏰀
Sherwin Williams􏰀 Valspar􏰀
Approved Paint Systems
Lesonal, Sikkens
Cromax, Spies Hecker, Standox
Glasurit, R-M
Deltron, Envirobase, Global, Nexa Autobase and Nexa Autobase Plus Martin Senour Paints, Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes DEBEER, Valspar refinish
-5- 31-002-20
NOTE: Refer to paint manufacturers preparation and application recommendations. NOTE: Refer to paint manufacturers mixing and application recommendations. NOTE: Refer to adhesive manufacturers mixing and application recommendations.
8. Apply Mopar 06103087AA, Anti-Corrosion Pen to the repair areas.
9. Apply PPG􏰀 DPLF primer epoxy primer or equivalent to bare aluminum only.
10. Apply PPG􏰀 K36 primer surface or equivalent over the repair area only.
11. When the primer surfacer has cured, block sand the surface area with 500 grit sandpaper or finer to prepare the repair area for primer sealer application.
12. If the backside of panels require repair and seam sealer removal was necessary, it must be restored. Apply SEM􏰀 39477 seam sealer or equivalent.
13. Prepare panel for refinish, remove all remaining dust, clean with PPG􏰀 DX330 Wax and Grease remover or equivalent and tack cloth the surface.
14. Apply PPG􏰀 DAS primer sealer or equivalent and allow to flash.
15. Apply 2-3 coats of PPG􏰀 DBC basecoat or equivalent and allow to flash.
16. Apply 2-3 coats of PPG􏰀 DC4000 Clearcoat or equivalent and allow to cure.
17. Install the repaired panel. Refer to the detail service procedures available in: DealerCONNECT> Service Library under: Service Info> 23-Body> Exterior> Installation.
18. Install removed trim components and replace adhesive backed components (i.e nameplates).
POLICY:
Information Only
Sponsored

JeepGuy24

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
@Warz2k4 I am in the central NJ and I can tell you where NOT to go! ha. The dealership had my Jeep Rubicon for 45+ Days early in the summer to fix this corrosion issue. The dealership did not have an onsite body shop so they out sourced it to a sub par body shop.

I assumed the repair was pretty simple, repaint the hood and tailgate. Well, the hood and tailgate had so much dirt under the paint you could see the huge bumps. So I asked them to fix it. They attempted to fix it a 2nd time. This time the hood came back with runs and paint drips all over it. They didn't address the tailgate. ha! 3rd attempt the paint started to flake off!

Meanwhile the service manager and myself noticed the clear coat was missing from sections on my hard top. The same body shop attempted to fix it, but now my top has the same issues, paint drips, runs and the white looks off. The service manager said he would order my a new top from the factory. That was in May. Still nothing....

By this time" @JeepCares " was involved, not making much progress with getting the issues fixed. So I took delivery of my Jeep with the paint peeling off due to the pub bar work Jeep approved.

I finally got approved to take my Jeep from my 3rd case manager to go to another body shop. I dropped off my Jeep June 30th, the dealership had some minor repairs to fix, (New steering box and replace the box seat sine the leather was coming part...) That took around 10 days since we had wait for part no biggie. Then they took my Jeep to the body shop to have the paint corrected for the 4th time. By this time the hood hinges and the clear coat on the passenger quarter panel was peeling even more.

The original quote came in around $2300, the dealership agreed to pay it after two weeks. In the meantime the shop looked at the Jeep more and now they need $5,000 more. Jeep and the dealership refused to pay it and here we are Sep 22nd I still do not have my Jeep. Its just sitting as I am stuck between Jeep and the dealership not wanting to fix my Jeep.

All requests to have my Jeep bought back have been declined, my request to speak to an actual manager who has some power have been declined, and the dealership is MIA. This is my 4th Jeep (2nd Wrangler) and I am just disappointed and discussed at how Jeep is handling this.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks to this community I found this issue on my Jeep so I wanted to share my experiences with the Jeep dealerships here in the NE and the awful attempt to "help" from Jeep Wave customer care.

Last edited:

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
My biggest fear, is that they do it improperly, and the following occurs...

1. The issue returns in ~a year
2. The paint doesn't match, causing it to look worse than a few bubbles.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
@Warz2k4 I am in the central NJ and I can tell you where NOT to go! ha. The dealership had my Jeep Rubicon for 45+ Days early in the summer to fix this corrosion issue. The dealership did not have an onsite body shop so they out sourced it to a sub par body shop.

I assumed the repair was pretty simple, repaint the hood and tailgate. Well, the hood and tailgate had so much dirt under the paint you could see the huge bumps. So I asked them to fix it. They attempted to fix it a 2nd time. This time the hood came back with runs and paint drips all over it. They didn't address the tailgate. ha! 3rd attempt the paint started to flake off!

Meanwhile the service manager and myself noticed the clear coat was missing from sections on my hard top. The same body shop attempted to fix it, but now my top has the same issues, paint drips, runs and the white looks off. The service manager said he would order my a new top from the factory. That was in May. Still nothing....

By this time" @JeepCares " was involved, not making much progress with getting the issues fixed. So I took delivery of my Jeep with the paint peeling off due to the pub bar work Jeep approved.

I finally got approved to take my Jeep from my 3rd case manager to go to another body shop. I dropped off my Jeep June 30th, the dealership had some minor repairs to fix, (New steering box and replace the box seat sine the leather was coming part...) That took around 10 days since we had wait for part no biggie. Then they took my Jeep to the body shop to have the paint corrected for the 4th time. By this time the hood hinges and the clear coat on the passenger quarter panel was peeling even more.

The original quote came in around $2300, the dealership agreed to pay it after two weeks. In the meantime the shop looked at the Jeep more and now they need $5,00 more. Jeep and the dealership refused to pay it and here we are Sep 22nd I still do not have my Jeep. Its just sitting as I am stuck between Jeep and the dealership not wanting to fix my Jeep.

All requests to have my Jeep bought back have been declined, my request to speak to an actual manager who has some power have been declined, and the dealership is MIA. This is my 4th Jeep (2nd Wrangler) and I am just disappointed and discussed at how Jeep is handling this.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks to this community I found this issue on my Jeep so I wanted to share my experiences with the Jeep dealerships here in the NE and the awful attempt to "help" from Jeep Wave customer care.
Is that $500.00 OR $5000.00 more?

JeepGuy24

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Is that $500.00 OR $5000.00 more?
$5,000 - I did question it myself but the dealership seem to escalate it to the area managers - I guess that is what we are still waiting on. They offered to take it back to the same BS bodyshop for the 4th time. I obviously declined that offer, they offered to take it to the bodyshop they send their Maserati's yet never heard back if that was approved or now.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just popped in to see what this was all about…

107 pages!

Well… shit. I was hoping this wasn’t a rampant issue. Guess I’ll keep an eye on my hinges.

Anyone want to give me a TL;DR as to what’s going on here? Is this dissimilar metals or something? Why is it seemingly affecting so many Jeeps? What’s the solution? Any prevention?

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

107 pages!

Well… shit. I was hoping this wasn’t a rampant issue. Guess I’ll keep an eye on my hinges.

Anyone want to give me a TL;DR as to what’s going on here? Is this dissimilar metals or something? Why is it seemingly affecting so many Jeeps? What’s the solution? Any prevention?
TL;DR
Jeep sucks, Chrysler sucks, Stellantis sucks. Your doors, and hood will disintegrate from the hinges out, and there will be no help.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

107 pages!

On the bright side, you will be less worried about your 2.0 l engine exploding, because, you know, turbo. If you have the Pentastar engine it will explode, because, you know, 6 qts of oil. If you have the diesel, because, you know, DEF. you will be able to hear these engine maladies as they are happening, because, you know, your infotainment system will be bricked by the last update. But none of that will matter, because, you know, your Jeep won’t start from ESS failure.

i have to leave now, because, you know, I can’t see through the tears…

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a serious note. What these people are going through is not right. I was just trying to bring some levity to a really F’d up situation. I hope you all get satisfaction from JeeChrysFiaStella…

Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
From the TSB quoted above:

" 1. Remove affected panel. Refer to the detail service procedures available in: DealerConnect> Service Library under: Service Info> 23-Body> Exterior> Removal.
CAUTION! **For any panel with exterior mounted hinges, avoid removal of the hinge from the Class-A panel unless absolutely required. This will minimize the risk of breaking paint around the hinge perimeter which will create further damage and additional sites for subsequent corrosion development.** "

If you don't insist/request they paint UNDER the hinges (where corrosion is starting & traveling from) they will just sand the bubbles off and paint. This is fine for an area at the edge of a hood or body panel where there is no raw aluminum/paint "edge" that was formed as part of the painting process (as around hinges). However it seems in the TSB that they openly admit in "breaking paint around hinge causes ......additional sites for subsequent corrosion"!!!! If the paint thickness is sub-par at the hinge/panel interface, the "edge" that is formed by removing hinge and breaking paint is ALREADY THERE!!!!!

Once again there are TWO CAUSES for paint bubbles here:
1) contamination under paint not at a hinge/panel interface that causes a bubble/corrosion - solution is better prep/contamination control at factory

2) The poor manufacturing method of bolting hinges to raw aluminum, painting, and causing an "edge" interface for corrosion to travel under the paint and bubble around the hinge. Solution for this is to PAINT UNDER the HINGES so there is no raw aluminum/paint break or edge.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Another thought from my post above. It is obvious that Chrysler THINKS the hinge/panel is being "sealed" with the painting process and that no water/salt/etc will get under the hinge and start the corrosion process allowing it to travel under paint and bubble. There TSB even states that as a CAUTION not to break the alleged seal.

The presence of any seal is completely FALSE as is evidenced by those of us that have taken the hinges off and noticed the lack of any need to "break" hinges free from panel. Also, the corrosion present when they are removed wouldn't be there if a seal was indeed present. Lack of any seal is further evidenced when you look at a new assembled vehicle and actually see that the paint has not adequately flowed to the hinge and panel joint. In some cases pictures have been posted showing a very thin line of raw aluminum due to inadequate paint coverage.

Determining cause/corrective actions is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE here.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Anyone in the NYC area found a dealer willing to fix this issue?
see photos attached

CEDABB3C-F6E3-4FB4-AC7E-D2B59A5A89BE.jpeg

84788F1E-DDA6-4CE8-85A7-4E8DEE28E563.jpeg
I took mine to the dealership where I made the purchase - it has been a month and I am not confident they got their act together.

For those in the Detroit area - any recommendations on dealerships or shops assuming corrosion warranty covers?

Thank you in advance!
Hey!

Please feel free to use the Dealer Locate Tool on our website at https://www.jeep.com/find-dealer.html if you don't hear from fellow forum members.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Wrangler 1999; Jeep Sahara Wrangler 2018 HD 2006 Deluxe
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Ur right wtf!!!! Page 64!
NUMBER: 31-002-20
GROUP: 31 - Collision Bulletins
DATE: October 27, 2020
This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or
transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of FCA US LLC.
This bulletin supersedes Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 31-001-19, date of issue July 31, 2019, which should be removed from your files. All revisions are highlighted with **asterisks** and include additional vehicles, model years and caution in Repair Procedure.
NOTE: Digital imaging pre authorization is required for SmartWarranty Base dealers or Pre Approval is required from Regional Office depending on market.
SUBJECT:
Aluminum Body Panel Corrosion Repair
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting and if necessary removing corrosion and refinishing the suspect aluminum panels on the vehicle, hood, door, fenders, hinges, swing gates or liftgate panels.
MODELS:
**2019 - Current (DT) 2020 - Current (JT) 2019 - Current (BV) 2015-Current (4C) 2017-Current (BA) 2013-Current (FF) 2017-Current (GA) 2018-Current (GU) 2014-Current (KL) 2013-2016 (PF) 2013-2017 (ZD) 2013-2020 (DS) 2013-Current (WK) 2013-Current (WD) 2017-Current (RU) 2015-2018 (BU) 2018-Current (JL) 2015-Current (LA) 2013-2014 (LC) 2013-Current (LD) 2013-Current (LX) 2017-Current (MP)
RAM 1500 Pickup
Jeep Gladiator
Jeep Renegade**
Alfa Romeo 4C
FIAT 124 Spider (Convertible) FIAT 500
Alfa Romeo Giulia Alfa Romeo Stelvio Jeep Cherokee Dodge Dart
Dodge Viper
RAM 1500 Pickup Jeep Grand Cherokee Dodge Durango Chrysler Pacifica Jeep Renegade
Jeep Wrangler
Dodge Challenger Dodge Challenger Dodge Charger Chrysler 300
Jeep Compass

31-002-20
-2-
2015-2017 (UF) 2013-Current (JC) 2013-2014 (JS)
2013-Current (RT)
Chrysler 200 Dodge Journey
Chrysler 200 Dodge Avenger
Chrysler Town & Country Dodge Grand Caravan
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North America, LATAM, APAC and EMEA.
DISCUSSION:
Aluminum corrosion or bubbling along the leading edge of hood, hinges or other exterior surface areas of the hinges, doors, fenders, swing gates or liftgates.
NOTE: This only applies to aluminum panels. To determine if the panel is aluminum, refer to collision manual for material specifications> DealerCONNECT> Service Library> enter year, model, engine> select collision info tab (adjacent to diagnostic tab)> 31- Collision Information> Specifications> Standardize Material Identification.
DIAGNOSIS:
Aluminum corrosion or bubbling on the doors and/or hinges (Fig. 1) .
Fig. 1 Examples of Bubbling
Aluminum corrosion along the leading edge of hood or other exterior surface areas of the doors, fenders or liftgates (Fig. 2) .

Fig. 2
Examples of Corrosion Along Leading Edges
Is corrosion evident on the aluminum panel surface (Fig. 2) ?

1. 2.
YES>>> Must receive authorization from vehicle digital imaging and/or Regional Office. Once approval is received from digital imaging or Regional Office, Proceed to Step 1 of the diagnosis procedure.
NO>>> Submit the vehicle digital image for further analysis.
Remove blistered paint from the panel surface with 80 grit grinding disc.
After digital imaging or Regional Office approval and removing the initial blistered paint from the panel surface with 80 grit grinding disc, is severe pitting exhibited that cannot be removed with sandpaper, 3M Clean and Strip Disc or equivalent (Fig. 3) ?
Fig. 3 Corrosion Examples
• YES>>> Replace the panel.
• NO>>> Proceed to Step 1 of the repair procedure.
-3- 31-002-20

31-002-20
-4-
PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty.
3 (AR) 3 (AR) 1(AR) 1(AR) 1(AR)
1(AR) 1
Part No.
NPN NPN NPN NPN NPN
NPN 06103087AA
Description
500 grit Sandpaper Sheet
800 grit Sandpaper Sheet
80 grit Sandpaper Sheet
180 grit Sandpaper Sheet
3M􏰀 3” Clean and Strip Disc 3M􏰀 p/n 07470 or equivalent
3M􏰀 Scotch-Brite Scuffing Disc 07467 Maroon or equivalent
Anti-Corrosion Pen
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Remove affected panel. Refer to the detail service procedures available in: DealerConnect> Service Library under: Service Info> 23-Body> Exterior> Removal.
CAUTION! **For any panel with exterior mounted hinges, avoid removal of the hinge from the Class-A panel unless absolutely required. This will minimize the risk of breaking paint around the hinge perimeter which will create further damage and additional sites for subsequent corrosion development.**
2. Remove all trim components necessary to refinish the suspect panel.
3. Wash the suspect panel with soap and water to remove all dirt and debris.
4. Grind the corroded areas of affected panel / component to bare aluminum using a right angle grinder equipped with an 80-grit grinding disc.
NOTE: If surface areas are difficult to access with a grinding disc, use a 3” roloc􏰀 clean and strip fiber disc attached to a rotary tool to remove.
5. After corrosion removal, feather sand the area with 180 grit sandpaper and finish sand with 3M􏰀 Scoth-Brite Scuffing Disc 07467 Maroon or equivalent.
6. Sand the remaining exterior painted surface of the panel with 800 grit sandpaper.
7. Prepare panel for refinish, remove all remaining dust, clean with PPG􏰀 DX330 Wax and Grease Remover or equivalent and tack cloth the surface.

NOTE: PPG will be referenced as the primary product. Other approved FCA refinish paint manufacturer brands are acceptable if equivalents are available. Refer to the list of FCA approved refinish paint manufacturers:
Paint Supplier
Akzo Nobel􏰀 Axalta􏰀
BASF􏰀
PPG􏰀
Sherwin Williams􏰀 Valspar􏰀
Approved Paint Systems
Lesonal, Sikkens
Cromax, Spies Hecker, Standox
Glasurit, R-M
Deltron, Envirobase, Global, Nexa Autobase and Nexa Autobase Plus Martin Senour Paints, Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes DEBEER, Valspar refinish
-5- 31-002-20
NOTE: Refer to paint manufacturers preparation and application recommendations. NOTE: Refer to paint manufacturers mixing and application recommendations. NOTE: Refer to adhesive manufacturers mixing and application recommendations.
8. Apply Mopar 06103087AA, Anti-Corrosion Pen to the repair areas.
9. Apply PPG􏰀 DPLF primer epoxy primer or equivalent to bare aluminum only.
10. Apply PPG􏰀 K36 primer surface or equivalent over the repair area only.
11. When the primer surfacer has cured, block sand the surface area with 500 grit sandpaper or finer to prepare the repair area for primer sealer application.
12. If the backside of panels require repair and seam sealer removal was necessary, it must be restored. Apply SEM􏰀 39477 seam sealer or equivalent.
13. Prepare panel for refinish, remove all remaining dust, clean with PPG􏰀 DX330 Wax and Grease remover or equivalent and tack cloth the surface.
14. Apply PPG􏰀 DAS primer sealer or equivalent and allow to flash.
15. Apply 2-3 coats of PPG􏰀 DBC basecoat or equivalent and allow to flash.
16. Apply 2-3 coats of PPG􏰀 DC4000 Clearcoat or equivalent and allow to cure.
17. Install the repaired panel. Refer to the detail service procedures available in: DealerCONNECT> Service Library under: Service Info> 23-Body> Exterior> Installation.
18. Install removed trim components and replace adhesive backed components (i.e nameplates).
POLICY:
Information Only

The original quote came in around $2300, the dealership agreed to pay it after two weeks. In the meantime the shop looked at the Jeep more and now they need $5,000 more. Jeep and the dealership refused to pay it and here we are Sep 22nd I still do not have my Jeep. Its just sitting as I am stuck between Jeep and the dealership not wanting to fix my Jeep.

ok if your name is on the title and if in deed you have requested it back but to no avail - MIA means you could file a police report and not only theft of vehicle but the services aspect is also a crime! Every state has it titled different. Call your state attorney general as well and local investigative team on yiur local tv news …. Theft of services in MN

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a

So does FCA let you pick a body shop to do the work? And they reimburse them?
Sponsored