Sponsored

Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Per the warranty it is 5 years and unlimited miles, how was it out of warranty?
Well apparently the warranty only covers holes caused by rust or corrosion. So they basically used that as their way of getting out of paying. Now I would’ve fought tooth and nail if I was on the hook for everything. But them covering 70% of the work was good enough for me.

It didn’t come out to much as they covered the severe part which in my case was the hood.

I could’ve taken it elsewhere but the work is warrantied so I’ll be good if the bubbles reappear.
Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Well apparently the warranty only covers holes caused by rust or corrosion. So they basically used that as their way of getting out of paying. Now I would’ve fought tooth and nail if I was on the hook for everything. But them covering 70% of the work was good enough for me.

It didn’t come out to much as they covered the severe part which in my case was the hood.

I could’ve taken it elsewhere but the work is warrantied so I’ll be good if the bubbles reappear.
If your happy that's all that matters .

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager

Gotcha. My dealer has been pretty good with the steering damper and one other small issue, but I'm not too confident they will cover the bubbles since it's not too bad yet. I'm hoping I can just get it on their radar and in a couple years when it's worse it won't be an issue.

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
I can tell you all that if you let @JeepCares know they need to start cases. It is a manufacturers defect and they know about this issue. There is a service bulletin about it and it should be warrantied. Any dealer charging editional money is hosing you. Make sure the dealer you go to has a reputable track record fixing these and make sure they get the proper materials. Mines has been gone for over 40 days now and still isn’t done.

PghJeeper88

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I can tell you all that if you let @JeepCares know they need to start cases. It is a manufacturers defect and they know about this issue. There is a service bulletin about it and it should be warrantied. Any dealer charging editional money is hosing you. Make sure the dealer you go to has a reputable track record fixing these and make sure they get the proper materials. Mines has been gone for over 40 days now and still isn’t done.
Were you outside your warranty?

Sponsored

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manaager

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Five years & unlimited miles, there isn't a JL out there that is outside the warranty.
As I mentioned before that warranty is for perforation, not just any surface corrosion. Dealers/FCA can and will deny coverage if they feel like it once 3/36 is up.

PghJeeper88

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
As I mentioned before that warranty is for perforation, not just any surface corrosion. Dealers/FCA can and will deny coverage if they feel like it once 3/36 is up.
This is what I was told also.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manaager
Oh yeah, I forgot. Guess I better get in since I only have 4,800 miles and just under 7 months to go.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Oh yeah, I forgot. Guess I better get in since I only have 4,800 miles and just under 7 months to go.
Yep.
15K in, and 8 months left.

Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I just got a call from my dealer. They told me my Jeep should be done this Friday. I am interested in seeing how everything came out and if they actually took the hinges and doors apart to clean up the corrosion.

Its crazy to see so many people having issues with claims. Like i said previously, my dealer didnt fight me one bit one if it was covered or not.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I just got a call from my dealer. They told me my Jeep should be done this Friday. I am interested in seeing how everything came out and if they actually took the hinges and doors apart to clean up the corrosion.

Its crazy to see so many people having issues with claims. Like i said previously, my dealer didnt fight me one bit one if it was covered or not.
are you still within the factory warranty?

also, check the hinge bolts and make sure its repainted properly!