spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

I joined the paint issue club a couple weeks, ago.

Now mY local (scott robinson jeep) is blowing me off.

Initially replied to my emails and now radio silent.

Is the best way to DM jeepcares to escalate this?
Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I joined the paint issue club a couple weeks, ago.

Now mY local (scott robinson jeep) is blowing me off.

Initially replied to my emails and now radio silent.

Is the best way to DM jeepcares to escalate this?
Yes @JeepCares

you could also show your dealer the damn TSB for this issue and ask how they can deny something that the actual manufacture/company they work for acknowledges!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
My case was approved pretty much within a week. Props to Fields CDJR in Sanford,FL and @JeepCares for working on this. The other dealership I took my JL to did not even lift their finger, but the people at Fields did their best. 2 days after the approval I received a message that all parts (4 doors and hood) have been received so they are ready when I am. Dropping the Jeep off on Monday and according to the dealer it should take up to a week.
So, what you are experiencing must be with your case worker or your warranty manager at the dealership.
So they are giving you new doors and a hood, or are they repainting the existing ones?

Did you buy from Fields, if not I would in the future purchase from them since they are helping you out.

I have 2 Wranglers and so far so good.

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
So they are giving you new doors and a hood, or are they repainting the existing ones?

Did you buy from Fields, if not I would in the future purchase from them since they are helping you out.

I have 2 Wranglers and so far so good.
When they called me to set up the repair appointment, I've been told that they will be replacing all parts. on Monday when I finally dropped the car off, they said, they have to check the depth of the corrosion and if it is beyond repair they will replace the doors with new ones.
3 out of my 4 doors have pretty bad corrosion, the front right one has only some corrosion starting.
The hood will be replaced, that was not even a question.

We'll see, it should be all completed by Monday. I hope we'll have a nice, dry and sunny day to confirm the color.

I did not buy from Fields. I went to another dealer as called Greenway, they were pretty useless. They have not responded to anything or anyone for over a week. Fields got all the approvals within a week and they have added the steering box on top of the corrosion.
That additional piece however is unlikely to be done as they are only allowed to order 1 box per 2 weeks.
It's weird tho, the temperature went down in the past few weeks and the steering got worse with it.

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
When they called me to set up the repair appointment, I've been told that they will be replacing all parts. on Monday when I finally dropped the car off, they said, they have to check the depth of the corrosion and if it is beyond repair they will replace the doors with new ones.
3 out of my 4 doors have pretty bad corrosion, the front right one has only some corrosion starting.
The hood will be replaced, that was not even a question.

We'll see, it should be all completed by Monday. I hope we'll have a nice, dry and sunny day to confirm the color.

I did not buy from Fields. I went to another dealer as called Greenway, they were pretty useless. They have not responded to anything or anyone for over a week. Fields got all the approvals within a week and they have added the steering box on top of the corrosion.
That additional piece however is unlikely to be done as they are only allowed to order 1 box per 2 weeks.
It's weird tho, the temperature went down in the past few weeks and the steering got worse with it.
Hopefully it all goes good for you. I will be bringing mine in tomorrow to have the pictures taken. My bubbling really isnt as bad as the ones ive seen on here. As far is the steering though, it got worse as the temp went down? Mine actually got better with the temps dropping. So weird.

Sponsored

RJE2

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Hella Yella
Looks like I have some paint bubbles starting as well. So far only 1 hinge.
Pretty sad since I keep this in the garage as it is my 3rd car. I think this has been only driven in the rain 3 times.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges Hinge corrosion 11-30

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Just got back the JL after the FCA fully covered warranty repair. They replaced the corroded hood hinge with a new part then did a full paint job on the entire hood. Total cost $1500 incl car rental. So tiny peanuts vs big bucks painting all the JLs on the factory assembly line. Hopefully everything will stay perfect here and everywhere else. But who knows. Is kinda a huge crap shoot when and where - with this corrosion BS. It is what it is unfortunately.

More irritant than anything - but got to test drive a VW rental 1.4T as a loaner consolation. Gutless off the line but once the turbo kicks in it was good. Not my cup of tea as we really prefer a linear torque band like on our Flat 6 or V8. Our TD has a similar lag unfortunately. Anyways very happy to get back in the JL saddle and first thing after picking it up - did a Zoom AGM - then loaded up the JL for a quick night skiing outing. Nice. Good luck corrosion Jeepers. Get them to fix it to your satisfaction. Then cross your fingers.

PS. The dealer actually used and sent in my pics with red highlights for FCA to approve. Haha as took pics of the internal docs before leaving. So got all the deets.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges EED3E030-7370-45A0-B144-4BDF74D89C17

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 40K miles. I have a jeep cares case for the paint bubbling. I have it on two door panels as well as 3 different hinges including on the hood hinges. Dealer just called me an said Jeep would only cover the doors, the hinges are covered by the the 3/36 warranty so they are not touching my hinges. This is really crap. The hood one is bad enough that it will start chipping and be horrible by the time I go to trade my jeep in at 5 years. This is just over 2 year old vehicle. I have owned 6 Wranglers and I also currently own a Gladiator. This may be it for me. I love my jeeps but this is just garbage to have corrosion like this and then they won't fix all of it. So disappointing jeep. I think this need to become a class action lawsuit.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 40K miles. I have a jeep cares case for the paint bubbling. I have it on two door panels as well as 3 different hinges including on the hood hinges. Dealer just called me an said Jeep would only cover the doors, the hinges are covered by the the 3/36 warranty so they are not touching my hinges. This is really crap. The hood one is bad enough that it will start chipping and be horrible by the time I go to trade my jeep in at 5 years. This is just over 2 year old vehicle. I have owned 6 Wranglers and I also currently own a Gladiator. This may be it for me. I love my jeeps but this is just garbage to have corrosion like this and then they won't fix all of it. So disappointing jeep. I think this need to become a class action lawsuit.
You might contact Jeep Cares and see if they can help you out .

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey, first off sorry to hear....just sorry I’m a little confused (maybe I’m mis reading it) you say that dealer said they will cover the doors....but that “they are NOT touching my hinges” do you mean not touching your hood hinges?
If so.....that is complete BS on their part....so they acknowledge that the corrosion on your doors isn’t right...but feel your hood hinges are not their problem?
I’d definitely contact your Jeepcares rep and stress that that is unsatisfactory.

good luck

Sponsored

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hey, first off sorry to hear....just sorry I’m a little confused (maybe I’m mis reading it) you say that dealer said they will cover the doors....but that “they are NOT touching my hinges” do you mean not touching your hood hinges?
If so.....that is complete BS on their part....so they acknowledge that the corrosion on your doors isn’t right...but feel your hood hinges are not their problem?
I’d definitely contact your Jeepcares rep and stress that that is unsatisfactory.

good luck
I already have a case with Jeep Cares and they are who decided with the dealer what they would repair. I have bubbling on several door panels and also many of the door hinges and also one of the worst areas is the hinge on the hood. Jeep Cares told the dealer the corrosion warranty for 5 years only covers the body panels. The hinges are part of the basic warranty and I am past 36K miles so they won't cover that corrosion. To me the corrosion is all part of the exterior of the jeep including the hinges. Its total crap for a two year old vehicle.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I already have a case with Jeep Cares and they are who decided with the dealer what they would repair. I have bubbling on several door panels and also many of the door hinges and also one of the worst areas is the hinge on the hood. Jeep Cares told the dealer the corrosion warranty for 5 years only covers the body panels. The hinges are part of the basic warranty and I am past 36K miles so they won't cover that corrosion. To me the corrosion is all part of the exterior of the jeep including the hinges. Its total crap for a two year old vehicle.
I completely agree. Again so sorry to hear.
Have you asked Jeepcares or possibly tried a different dealer? Doesn’t really makes sense that they would agree to correct some but not all. As if the hood hinges are a different reason (that you created) opposed to the door hinges and panels.

just not acceptable!!

C’mon @JeepCares

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It was jeep cares who made this decision - case has been going on for a while.
Well if it’s been going on for a while...how many miles where on the vehicle when you brought it to there attention???

ive stated before in this thread..it’s ridiculous to go based on miles/km opposed to year.
If someone drives the 36k in 4 months....how does that affect progression of corrosion!? No! It’s a manufacturing defect...not a customer defect. This is a brand new vehicle and it’s corroding cause the Prep work was done piss poor here and on many others.
Ridiculous!

and a complete joke!

Last edited:

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
It was jeep cares who made this decision - case has been going on for a while.
Wow, time to go order a Bronco . If my paint starts bubbling it's gone . It will be a new C8 Corvette on order. I've had my 19 Rubi in the shop 8 times complete B.S.
Sponsored