Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
The corrosion warranty has also been extended from 5yr-36000 to 5yr-unlimited miles. You will need to take your jeep in before Dec. 1st 2023 to have any corrosion repairs done.
What does corrosion on the hinges have to do with milage?
Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Iā€™ve got this on several door hinges and a area on the front window frame. My spot are much larger. Iā€™m almost ready to take mine in under a warranty claim myself. I believe the paint is covered for five years
I have a 2019 Rubi just wondering when yours started blistering ?

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Iā€™d say around a year ago
Iā€™d say around a year ago
Thanks I check mine everyday and haven't had any appear as of yet. If I do mines up for sale I'm not going to deal with Jeep anymore . It took me almost 2 yrs to get the steering and other issues straighten out I won't do it again .

Sponsored

RockinMojito

First Name
Sawyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
I have a 2018 that had corrosion on all 4 doors around the hinges. The repair was approved and covered under the corrosion warranty, had 50,000+ miles at the time of repair. Repair included new door hinges and bolts for all 4 doors. It took a month for the repair to be completed, though the dealer had issues getting the correct hinges in. The dealer's body shop painted the doors and hinges separately (new hinges were primed too) so there is now a paint barrier, and I asked them to coat the bolt threads with synthetic grease to hopefully help prevent any future corrosion, time will tell. Paint turned out great, can't tell any difference between the doors and body. Very happy with my experience, I read a lot of posts on this thread and was skeptical about doing this but I had some pretty bad corrosion on some hinges and it was spreading to the bottom of one of the doors. Here are a couple photos of the bad spots and an after photo. Hope everybody else's experience with this repair go well!

20220804_133201.jpg

20220804_133238.jpg

20220903_073602.jpg

Flybaby

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Update to my Jeep Sahara and the corrosion. Picked the Jeep up on Tuesday after the Labor Day weekend. It was raining and it appeared ok. After getting it home I noticed what looked like big claw marks in 3D on the driver door after turning on my garage lights. Took the Jeep back on Wednesday to have them look at it. It was a buffing problem and they fixed it immediately that morning. Took the Jeep back home and that evening put the new Rubicon take-off rims and tires on the Jeep. When my son got in to test drive it and went to adjust the mirrors, the passenger mirror was not working. Checked all normal clip harness connections as you would when re-installing the doors, but all looked good. Except found one of the rubber cords on the driver side panel broken. Took the Jeep back the next morning and explained what was wrong. They fixed it immediately as one of the tech's did not connect the mirror wiring inside the door panel. Did not hear yet about the rubber cord.

All in all, they did what appears to be a pretty good job. Little things had to be taken care of, but the paint finish looks really good. Glad to have my Jeep back.

Last edited:

Ifraaz

First Name
Ifraaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Picked mine up finally 2 days ago. Jeep was in for almost 6 weeks as they had to order a new windshield frame. But took them almost 2 weeks after it arrived to paint it. Everything looks good so far

Veets

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport diesel
Update on my sting gray 2020. Had bubbling on tailgate hinge and driver side passenger side door no where near a hinge . They canceled and rescheduled the appointment a couple months back to September. Well in 2 months started seeing more bubbling driver door and passenger front door. I canceled the repair after the body shop explained to me that itā€™s a once and done repair ( if the panel they repair and or replace blisters again jeep is no longer liable) I canceled the appointment this time and told them once the lease is finished they can deal with it.how can they just repair it and not replace the infected panel and no longer warranty it? I bought a new rubicon and if that one starts to bubble itā€™s gone and I will never purchase a fiat product again. 9/32.

JEEPGIRL117

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I'm the second owner of my Jeep and the dealership I took it to for the warranty repair is giving me a loaner car. Do you have it in writing, email or otherwise, where they told you it would be covered?

I do not have it in writing but have all the documentation of when I called and times that correspond with when I was told I would be reimbursed. Going on three weeks with all this back and forth now. When I try to explain my situation they just read the notes of my case and don't actually listen to me. I have escalated it twice now to no availability. This week they had be submit a new reimbursement claim and they denied me again saying I had no mechanical warranties (again) and this time for something new saying I didn't take it to a certified jeep dealership even though I did and they shop that did the work is who my jeep dealer set me up with to do the warranty work (this I have all in writing.) I just want this to be over with. After this I warn anybody who is thinking they want to buy a jeep because the customer service sucks with jeep cares and nobody actually listens.

Sponsored

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I do not have it in writing but have all the documentation of when I called and times that correspond with when I was told I would be reimbursed. Going on three weeks with all this back and forth now. When I try to explain my situation they just read the notes of my case and don't actually listen to me. I have escalated it twice now to no availability. This week they had be submit a new reimbursement claim and they denied me again saying I had no mechanical warranties (again) and this time for something new saying I didn't take it to a certified jeep dealership even though I did and they shop that did the work is who my jeep dealer set me up with to do the warranty work (this I have all in writing.) I just want this to be over with. After this I warn anybody who is thinking they want to buy a jeep because the customer service sucks with jeep cares and nobody actually listens.
I'm sorry you're having to put up with that. Hopefully the dealership I'm going through won't get bent out of shape because I ordered my new jeep through another dealer and try to screw me over. Either way, I have a spare car so I don't really need their loaner.

Bluepencil99

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Audi A3, 19 JLUR
Occupation
Exercise Therapist/Martial Artist
Well, I finally managed to get an appointment by the last dealership to do the work but not until January 23, 2023ā€¦.
Still waiting for my Case Manager from Stellantis to make contact with the Service guy at the dealershipā€¦been down with Covidā€¦
Weā€™ll see

nhgrumpy

First Name
Grumpy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler
Still waiting to get my 2019 Sahara back. Been at the body shop since 7/26. Dealership finally provided me with a loaner.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Oh geez. Sorry!
thatā€™s a long time

Bluepencil99

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Audi A3, 19 JLUR
Occupation
Exercise Therapist/Martial Artist
It is a long time, but at least they are doing something about itā€¦also it gives me more time to see what else will bubble up
Sponsored