Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Lol, same names 6 months later shoving the Bronco down peoples throats. You're coming on a Jeep site coming at a member for liking a Jeeps appearance better than the copycat. The delusion of your comment is astounding.
How lame would a Bronco v Wrangler thread be if everyone on the thread just praised Wranglers?
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
How lame would a Bronco v Wrangler thread be if everyone on the thread just praised Wranglers?
Healthy discussion is great. There’s quite a difference between healthy discussion and being a fanboy. Despite this being a Jeep forum I see a lot less Jeep fanboys in this thread than the other way around. Every Bronco thread has been similar.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Changed my vote to Both. I’m seriously considering a Warthog to go with my Rubicon.

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I am contemplating trading in my wife's 2012 4runner trail edition for a badlands bronco. I wouldn't get rid of my rubicon for it. I think it would make a nice upgrade for our 4runner that we use as a minivan.

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
If you asked ANY serious rock crawler if they would rather give up the front locker or front suspension travel, every single one would not give up the locker. Suspension travel doesn’t matter if the tire that has traction gets zero power.

I'm going to assume you're NOT one of those serious rock crawlers with that answer.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I am contemplating trading in my wife's 2012 4runner trail edition for a badlands bronco. I wouldn't get rid of my rubicon for it. I think it would make a nice upgrade for our 4runner that we use as a minivan.
Another option to consider

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
It makes no sense to support a manufacturer that has no concerns about quality. PT Barnum type thinking.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Yes, I think a JL Sports looks awesome! See below: (You showed pics of JLU's by the way)
That’s the same pics I showed except I showed the unlimited. No I don’t like the bumper wheels or tires. Changes the entire look of the Jeep.

I’m assuming you have one with no modifications because it looks so good.
A sport can look good if it’s the right color IMO. My Sport S JLU looked dorky on the factory donuts and painted wheels with its metallic paint. But my wife’s JT base Sport looked shockingly good with the flat grey. The flat color paint and soft top with the steelies make it look attractive in a minimalist or military sort of way. Same tire size as factory in this pic, but with KO2’s (because the factory donut street tires are TERRIBLE in snow). Honestly....and this isn’t me liking it because it’s what we happen to have......I like the minimalist look of her JT more than the higher trim levels with the fancy aluminum wheels and body color fenders/ hard top. I mean.....I’d like it even better is it were on 37’s with steelies....but my wife already has a hard time jumping up into it, lol.

‘but that’s just me.....and I’m not one for flashy trim levels. I’m more about function over form, and her JT fits what we need exactly....even if she hates the manual locks and crank windows, lol. The black wheels/ fenders/ top just go together well with the flat earth tone paint IMO. If it were in a bright or metallic color, I don’t think it would look good at all, just cheap.

JzSEbkBl.jpg
bfjffGgl.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
A sport can look good if it’s the right color IMO. My Sport S JLU looked dorky on the factory donuts and painted wheels with its metallic paint. But my wife’s JT base Sport looked shockingly good with the flat grey. The flat color paint and soft top with the steelies make it look attractive in a minimalist or military sort of way. Same tire size as factory in this pic, but with KO2’s (because the factory donut street tires are TERRIBLE in snow). Honestly....and this isn’t me liking it because it’s what we happen to have......I like the minimalist look of her JT more than the higher trim levels with the fancy aluminum wheels and body color fenders/ hard top. I mean.....I’d like it even better is it were on 37’s with steelies....but my wife already has a hard time jumping up into it, lol.

‘but that’s just me.....and I’m not one for flashy trim levels. I’m more about function over form, and her JT fits what we need exactly....even if she hates the manual locks and crank windows, lol. The black wheels/ fenders/ top just go together well with the flat earth tone paint IMO. If it were in a bright or metallic color, I don’t think it would look good at all, just cheap.

JzSEbkBl.jpg
bfjffGgl.jpg
I agree. I am not a big fan of the Sport S wheels and I think a lot of colors look better with the base steelies. I think Sting-Gray looks better with black accents and more minimal. I intend to de-badge my Rubicon when it comes in to make it look more like my Sport S.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The small tires really kill the look of the JL, which is one of the reasons i got a Rubicon. I didn't want to have to pay to buy bigger tires when i got brand new ones in the Jeep, nor did i want to wait 3-4 years til they needed replacement. It just makes the JL, and especially the JLU, look disproportionate.

That even the most basic Bronco already comes with meaty tires i think is a win for Ford, even if right now it might as well just be a hologram.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Front lockers? Yes
So your priority list goes rear locker>Suspension travel>Front locker? Seems like Ford really did their homework by offering rear lockers as a $795 option on every trim then! Definitely beats Jeep not having stand alone lockers as an option.

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So your priority list goes rear locker>Suspension travel>Front locker? Seems like Ford really did their homework by offering rear lockers as a $795 option on every trim then! Definitely beats Jeep not having stand alone lockers as an option.

Might as well be an explorer with that IFS.

look dude. I’m not gonna bite on your trolling.

You love the bronco. We get it.

I’m sure every bronco owner will be just as successful in Moab as that stock bronco on nittos with a 2x king of hammers champion at the wheel.
Sponsored