Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite option is storing doors and roof in cargo area for long trips. However on most long trips my cargo area is full of necessities. Cooler, supplies, clothes, recovery stuff etc. This means I’d have to load the back seat with my stuff and have no doors to keep said stuff from falling out on the highway. Hmmm, me thinks for now I’ll keep my Jeep.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
My favorite option is storing doors and roof in cargo area for long trips. However on most long trips my cargo area is full of necessities. Cooler, supplies, clothes, recovery stuff etc. This means I’d have to load the back seat with my stuff and have no doors to keep said stuff from falling out on the highway. Hmmm, me thinks for now I’ll keep my Jeep.
I speculate that the in-vehicle door storage was for those "spontaneous" times you want to go naked when you are away from home (ie driving from work)

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I had my JL for less than a month when reservations went live for the Bronco. At the time, I figured a refundable $100 is easy enough to put down should I not find myself happy with the Jeep. I've been absolutely thrilled. Never loved a vehicle more than my JL. It's been awesome and remains awesome. If only the weather would warm up, so I could get out and work on it. I have a few accessories sitting in my garage waiting to be added.

Anyway, I got the call from Ford yesterday about my reservation. "Your Bronco is ready to be built," said the eager salesmen at my local dealership. At of curiosity, I spent a fair amount of time last night looking at the Bronco options. The sheer number of models and options for this thing are over the top. Configuring one is no easy task and they get expensive (over $50k is what I'd deem expensive) quick. Having my 18' Sahara JL (with upgraded Rubi tires, steel bumper, etc) as a reference - pricing those things into a Bronco easily put me over that mark. I think I ended up at $55k for a well equipped 4-door Badlands with Sasquatch.

I'll probably let my $100 sit at Ford for a while longer. Absent any of these on the road or reviewed vs the deep history and track record of our Wranglers makes it a risky bet.

FWIW, I was told Sasquatch is available and my order would be delivered in Q4.

Also, not playing favorites, but the Bronco forum seems to lack the community, moderation and general good will I've experienced here.
You’re comparing a Sahara to the BL SAS in price? Haha. When comparing the 2dr rubi to the 2dr BL SAS I get a bronco that’s $3k cheaper. My bronco will be $5k cheaper. Price is very comparable.
When they initially announced that sharp 7 speed manual, I was interested. When I saw pictures of it, I was ready to buy one. When they came out and said that the 7 speed, with a creeper gear that is purposes for off road would not be available with the 2.7 OR the Sasquatch package, I tapped out.
2.3 goes very well in the heavier ranger. With badlands you get most everything the sas offers. Add the 35 tires and your good to go.
I don't care for their styling either. It looked good back in the early 70's and I get the 'nostalgic' cues but damn... Jeep keeps streamlining and it looks better than ever while Ford resurrects a rolling brick design from the 70s.

It's still WAY to early to tell imo and I'd never buy a $50k (or more!) sight unseen. There hasn't even been a valid test of the vehicle yet. If it's as awesome as Ford is trying to make everyone believe, and real world testing backs up their claims, maybe I could get past the blocky design.

Will it look like this??

1613748945774.png

Or this?? big difference and who knows now.
1613748917303.png
The first one and it looks bad ass. Valid test? Rubicon or moab is not valid. Now video is showing them running 70-80 mph off road is crazy!

JL looks great as it looks like the cj5/7. Bronco looks badass! Tribute to the original and goes like hell off road with 90% of the Jeep crawling. Job well done.

I’ve already mention the $5k cheaper price tag than Jeep is charging for its 2dr rubi...

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I speculate that the in-vehicle door storage was for those "spontaneous" times you want to go naked when you are away from home (ie driving from work)
Yea I hear you PP, I guess you could also just remove the front doors and store your supplies in the back seat with doors. For me I traded in my JK because of the Sky One option. I got tired of hardtop/soft top every 6 mos. so I’d be going back to manually removing my roof again. I’ll stick with Jeep.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yea I hear you PP, I guess you could also just remove the front doors and store your supplies in the back seat with doors. For me I traded in my JK because of the Sky One option. I got tired of hardtop/soft top every 6 mos. so I’d be going back to manually removing my roof again. I’ll stick with Jeep.
I can put my doors in my truck bed :)

With some precautions to avoid damaging them

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I can put my doors in my truck bed :)

With some precautions to avoid damaging them
Oh you have a Gladiator? That’s great. If I had one I’d definitely fabricate something to hold the doors.
Tube doors are great on a Wrangler but they’re really only good for local driving or a same day trip. I’d love to take the 3 hour drive upstate “naked” for the weekend but it gets cold, it rains suddenly, animals could make a bed out of your Jeep etc. The best I can do is drive up with doors, take em off up there, drop on some mirrors and go. But at night doors go back on.
You’re gonna think I’m crazy but I love an open Jeep so much I actually considered buying a trailer to haul/store my doors for the trip.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I really want to WANT the Bronco, because I love it's frameless windows and sport bar delete, but it's just so ugly compared to my Wrangler. Those tiny flares and wide body makes it look out of shape, but the 2 door looks incredible for some reason

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You’re comparing a Sahara to the BL SAS in price? Haha. When comparing the 2dr rubi to the 2dr BL SAS I get a bronco that’s $3k cheaper. My bronco will be $5k cheaper. Price is very comparable.

2.3 goes very well in the heavier ranger. With badlands you get most everything the sas offers. Add the 35 tires and your good to go.

The first one and it looks bad ass. Valid test? Rubicon or moab is not valid. Now video is showing them running 70-80 mph off road is crazy!

JL looks great as it looks like the cj5/7. Bronco looks badass! Tribute to the original and goes like hell off road with 90% of the Jeep crawling. Job well done.

I’ve already mention the $5k cheaper price tag than Jeep is charging for its 2dr rubi...
I’m not getting too hung up on price. I am about to order a Wrangler at 7% below invoice. I don’t think that will happen with the bronco.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Wait for second year if you want a Bronco (like any vehicle, I didn't follow my own rule on the JL :/)

Sadly by then Hippies and green laws will be forcing us into electric cars
ICE is definitely on the way out. Many major car companies are going all EV or PHEV in about 15 years.

Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Oh you have a Gladiator? That’s great. If I had one I’d definitely fabricate something to hold the doors.
Tube doors are great on a Wrangler but they’re really only good for local driving or a same day trip. I’d love to take the 3 hour drive upstate “naked” for the weekend but it gets cold, it rains suddenly, animals could make a bed out of your Jeep etc. The best I can do is drive up with doors, take em off up there, drop on some mirrors and go. But at night doors go back on.
You’re gonna think I’m crazy but I love an open Jeep so much I actually considered buying a trailer to haul/store my doors for the trip.
I had my doors and roof off til very late October on my JLUR, only reason I put them back on was because I went on vacation and park it outside. This year I plan on riding naked as soon as spring start and have them off til winter starts, ill add tube doors and a mesh/shade on top to make it a little more comfortable.

I also commute very early and it's a tad bit chilly but still bearable for me. Just got to layer up and turn on the heater full blast along with the heater seats and steering wheel. Lol. I also use my motorcycle as my daily driver so driving naked is like a luxury to me lol.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Yeah, doesn't exactly strike me as being "class leading".
20201023_102215.gif

But not to worry folks, Ford will carry this over to the bronco.
FB_IMG_1613593121088.jpg

haha....to be fair, I'm not a Ford fanboy, but we did get a 2016 Explorer for the the wifey and it currently has 84K on it and it still looks and drives like the day we drove it off the lot....Don't know if it is luck, but I'll take it....recently I got the Jeep bug tho and want to ditch it for a new JLU Rubi and would love it if the Jeep would hold up as well as the Explorer did....funny thing is I took her to the local Jeep dealer today to look at a couple JLU Rubi's and she gravitated towards the Gladiator's
....Now I'm starting to look into those now lol

Today I went on the Ford site and built a nicely equipped Base Sasquatch for $44.6K and if it wasn't for the long wait, I'd probably be getting one to tell you the truth.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.31.55 PM

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
ICE is definitely on the way out. Many major car companies are going all EV or PHEV in about 15 years.
i guess maybe in 15 yrs, i like there idea of ev but can't help but feel we are forcing the product before the tech is really ready

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I had my doors and roof off til very late October on my JLUR, only reason I put them back on was because I went on vacation and park it outside. This year I plan on riding naked as soon as spring start and have them off til winter starts, ill add tube doors and a mesh/shade on top to make it a little more comfortable.

I also commute very early and it's a tad bit chilly but still bearable for me. Just got to layer up and turn on the heater full blast along with the heater seats and steering wheel. Lol. I also use my motorcycle as my daily driver so driving naked is like a luxury to me lol.
I hear ya JS, you’re lucky enough to live in that gorgeous climate. Here in NY you’d ruin your Jeep in about a month if you just left it open. I included a screenshot of our 10 day forecast. You’ll see 2 snow, 3 rain and the rest ok. That’s 50% inclement weather.
There was an interesting thread about a year and a half ago. A Jeep owner brought his vehicle in for service with the roof down. A flash thunderstorm came in while the customer was at work. He assumed the dealership would go in the lot and close his Jeep. They didn’t, Jeep got soaked, radio and other electronics stopped working etc.
There was a long debate on who was wrong.
Here’s our weather, decent for us but nothing like sweet California.....

7D19A7CE-DE83-4562-9070-FDAC6A4E84F5.png
Sponsored