Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts on all of your thoughts.

i actually like the styling of the Bronco concept, not as much the production version.

I too bought the first year JL but I needed to replace my one and only vehicle so I took the risk. I think I’ve had to deal with every recall as a result. Still love it (when it’s working) and I was tired of passing on a vehicle I always wanted.

If Jeep stuffs in a new I6 for the mid cycle I’ll likely trade in for it. I wouldn’t even require it to have a turbo. 30 more hp and lbft, especially in the low end, would suit a 2dr just fine in my opinion. But of course there’s no such thing as too much power as long as it doesn’t correspond with too much money.

No reason to switch to a Bronco in my book, unless it gives me substantially more for substantially less money.
Sponsored

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Manual sasquatch is coming in MY22. No word on whether Ford will ever make the manual trans with the 2.7 though.
I would have to test drive and see how the 2.3 performs...if it is anything similar to the 2.0 Jeep, I’d have to pass

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Or this?? big difference and who knows now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread FB_IMG_1613593121088
The wheels wells look much better in more line with the early bronco in this concept. I'm having a hard time getting past the partially round segmented fender flares on the new bronco. I think ford was thinking they had to have actual fender flared 'cause the wrangler has fender flares. This image proves they could have done a much better job designing the wheel openings without need extended fender flares.

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
As with the turbo, I bet it sadly won't be available with the manual transmission.
Sadly I agree, I love my 6apd nothing against autos but I enjoy being engaged when driving

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I had a reservation for a Badlands Bronco to replace my Sport S but, after delays and delays and delays, I cancelled the reservation and bought a new Rubicon. From what I was seeing it would have been late 2021 before we could have taken delivery. I was also considering a Warthog but then I'd be waiting until maybe late 2022.
I also cancelled my reservation and found used Sport S that I couldnt pass up. Even during these unforeseen times, Ford continuously made mistake after mistake with their launch. Maybe in a few years once a new model come out I will consider a Bronco again.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I don't care for their styling either. It looked good back in the early 70's and I get the 'nostalgic' cues but damn... Jeep keeps streamlining and it looks better than ever while Ford resurrects a rolling brick design from the 70s.

It's still WAY to early to tell imo and I'd never buy a $50k (or more!) sight unseen. There hasn't even been a valid test of the vehicle yet. If it's as awesome as Ford is trying to make everyone believe, and real world testing backs up their claims, maybe I could get past the blocky design.

Will it look like this??

Or this?? big difference and who knows now.
It looked like the yellow one. I thought it had its doors off but it must be some mod to let mud in?

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, doesn't exactly strike me as being "class leading".
20201023_102215.gif

But not to worry folks, Ford will carry this over to the bronco.
Really hard to judge..being that it doesn't really exist yet lol. Unless Ford worked some kind of black magic with the control arms I can't see it out articulating a solid axle jeep with simple upgrades like a 2.5 spring lift and non-binding control arms/swaybar links. If it does it would have to be half a foot wider than a jeep.. who knows. Their marketing suggests more of a high speed mini-raptor with Jeep stuff (removable doors, top etc).

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
So to me, this is a cool look and very non-Wrangler. Now, I would have that white interior trashed in about 2 weeks. But I dig it. Even though I will probably never buy a Bronco, I am looking forward to the release.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair, there are some extraordinary circumstances behind the Bronco's delays.
Definitely true. But Ford still chose to unveil this thing, when we were already neck deep in delays due to covid and a lot of other easily avoidable stupidities. If they unleashed their mini movie on us 6 months earlier, they'd deserve some slack.

And because I can't help myself
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread FB_IMG_1611153411579_resized

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
There’s no such thing as bad PR when launching a new halo vehicle.

It gave people a lot to talk about and they are collecting interest on an untold number of $100 “deposits” - that’s free cash for them.
Sponsored