Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
You guys keep assuming these Hummers are going to see dirt.
I wonder if we’re gonna see dub city throwbacks on these new hummers rocking 26s and rubber bands for tires
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to configure a Base with the 2.7L and manual transmission. Can’t do it. Okay, fine... then tried to configure a sasquatch with manual transmission. Also can’t do it. I thought Ford backpedalled on that? Or is that only on the trims higher than Base?

I like that there are many options and it’s a good configuration tool to mess around with. But having spent the last 20 years obsessing over Jeeps, it’s weird finding myself confused for a change!

Edit: I’m also happy to see that they default to the 2-door option as the first thing they show you, unlike Jeep... cynically I know that’s so you see the lower price first, but any little thing that keeps the 2-doors alive is Okay in my book. On that note, can you not have soft top on the two-door? Laaaame.

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn’t show the total price as I build the vehicle, though. Only shows the “monthly” payment.

Lame!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The configurator got stuck! LOL

Is that a sign of how Bronco will do on the trail...? :CWL:

Dtronic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The ADM is going to be ridiculous for the top trim levels. I have paid adm on 3 Ford vehicles. Ill never do it again. On any brand.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
They've said it will be a late availability option in the first model year run, or early in the second and won't be reflected in the current configurator. As with Jeeps and any of these configuration tools, they are an approximation of a build and not 100% accurate to what a dealer can order. Likewise the lack of a soft top on the 2-door is probably also a coding error.

I tried to configure a Base with the 2.7L and manual transmission. Can’t do it. Okay, fine... then tried to configure a sasquatch with manual transmission. Also can’t do it. I thought Ford backpedalled on that? Or is that only on the trims higher than Base?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Does not appear to be much room for up-travel of the suspension before the tires are stuffed. Is that an independent front suspension thing?
More specifically, it's a short wishbone thing. They conveniently leave our that little detail when the advertisements liken the broncos capabilities to baja race trucks.

This is all you get out of their top dog:
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 20201023_102215

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
It doesn’t show the total price as I build the vehicle, though. Only shows the “monthly” payment.

Lame!
You need to click on the little "i" to get the actual cost, but it's still very lame.

and holy smokes, even a moderately opened badlands + sasquatch can easily go over $50K.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing the colors, options and prices on the configurator has taken some of the "romance" away.

With the exception of that orange yellow, exterior colors look pretty lame by truck standards. The myriad of non-descript, dark blues and grays belong more on a Ford Escape.

Every time I clicked on a single accessory, the configurator forced me to add a $3,000 or $4,000 "package." I was only halfway though my configuration when it crashed; I was already at $50,000+

The entire experience of building a Bronco appears somewhat pedestrian. If anything, it made me appreciate the Jeep configurator.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Seeing the colors, options and prices on the configurator has taken some of the "romance" away.

With the exception of that orange yellow, exterior colors look pretty lame by truck standards. The myriad of non-descript, dark blues and grays belong more on a Ford Escape.

Every time I clicked on a single accessory, the configurator forced me to add a $3,000 or $4,000 "package." I was only halfway though my configuration when it crashed; I was already at $50,000+

The entire experience of building a Bronco appears somewhat pedestrian. If anything, it made me appreciate the Jeep configurator.
mmm...I actually haven't even looked yet today lol

However, not sure what you mean by color selection. So far the Bronco has Jeep beat in that department...there's at least 2 blues (actually 3, if you count the First Edition unique color), unlike Jeep, which has zero blues (I guess Hydro to come).

2 reds (dark red metallic, flat pure red)
3 blues (dark large flake metallic blue, velocity blue, lightning blue (my 350 color in the avatar)
1 orange yellow (cyber)
1 grey green blue (area 51)
1 primer grey (cactus...i dunno why you'd associate cactus' as being grey...but anyway)
1 black
2 metallic greys (carbon grey, silver)
1 white

so, 7 colors, 5 shades, I think that's pretty wide selection. I would have loved to see a green but that only seems to be a "concept" color...there should be a green.

I'd say there's much more color selection than what Jeep has at the moment.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
mmm...I actually haven't even looked yet today lol

However, not sure what you mean by color selection. So far the Bronco has Jeep beat in that department...there's at least 2 blues (actually 3, if you count the First Edition unique color), unlike Jeep, which has zero blues (I guess Hydro to come).

2 reds (dark red metallic, flat pure red)
3 blues (dark large flake metallic blue, velocity blue, lightning blue (my 350 color in the avatar)
1 orange yellow (cyber)
1 grey green blue (area 51)
1 primer grey (cactus...i dunno why you'd associate cactus' as being grey...but anyway)
1 black
2 metallic greys (carbon grey, silver)
1 white

so, 7 colors, 5 shades, I think that's pretty wide selection. I would have loved to see a green but that only seems to be a "concept" color...there should be a green.

I'd say there's much more color selection than what Jeep has at the moment.
I’m not talking about the number of colors; I’m talking about how “adventurous” the colors themselves look.

The only color I found remotely interesting was that brighter blue, but even that was pushing it by the time I clicked on it.

Like I said, with the exception of that orange yellow color, Bronco looks pretty boring. At least it does on the configurator.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I’m not talking about the number of colors; I’m talking about how “adventurous” the colors themselves look.

The only color I found remotely interesting was that brighter blue, but even that was pushing it by the time I clicked on it.

Like I said, with the exception of that orange yellow color, Bronco looks pretty boring. At least it does on the configurator.
Ya, I agree. Ford even has a more appropriate blue that they could have used on the Bronco. Grabber blue or grabber blue metallic. It’s much lighter and more fun. But If I order one it will prolly be the cyber orange anyway so I personally don’t care about the other colors lol

antimatter blue seems to be very very dark I wish it was brighter.

and as I said the filson green Bronco looks pretty nice...not sure why they wouldn’t have included that green
Sponsored