Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 743 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I’m a moderator on the Bronco6G forum I’m very aware that it exists lol.

Just keep in mind I only participate in existing threads. Never created a bronco thread over here. Also, I’m sure you’re aware there is a block function and hide thread function if seeing information about the Bronco is really that annoying. I really don’t mind if you block me but I think you’ll find that having a respectful discourse to uphold your argument is significantly more effective.
Next we will find out that you are a manager at a Ford dealership...
Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I’m sure the Bronco forums will be busy with people who are thrilled and people who are pissed off. Because, the internet. :like:
If you want to see some salt you can go over to the Bronco forums right now... there’s plenty. Tailgate vs swing gate, manual transmission compatibility with Sasquatch, no V8.... there’s plenty. But even so, 90% of people are happy with what Ford did and the compromises they made in regards to those line items. And while you’re right, it’s a ford not a Jeep and in some ways “Jeep” is just the nomenclature for an off road vehicle with removable top and doors. It’s the default. But if people mistake Broncos for jeeps they probably aren’t in the market anyways. They do look decently different. Especially since the original Bronco prototype circa 2016 was basically a carbon copy of a JKU according to insiders. At the end of the day all the trucks look the same, sedans look the same, and boxy SUV’s look the same. I think bronco is different enough to do fine.
Next we will find out that you are a manager at a Ford dealership...
I wish man. I’d have a lot more money if I was.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
What eTorque fiasco? It works great.
It's been a business flop.

FCA introduced eTorque on the 2.0 motor in 2018 but wanted $1,000 for it. FCA marketed eTorque poorly and so they sat unsold on dealer lots. FCA then had to throw a $500 incentive on the motor and arm-twist dealers to get rid of the glut.

Then for 2019 FCA decided to drop the 2.0 eTorque and offer only the 2.0T; it was much better received.

FCA has kept playing games with eTorque: it was offered on Sahara only on the V6, but not on Rubicon or Sport, blah blah. For 2020 it changed eTorque offerings again, and again for 2021. I believe the only way to get a V6 next year is to pay extra for eTorque.

I lost track. I don't care any more to be honest.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
It's been a business flop.

FCA introduced eTorque on the 2.0 motor in 2018 but wanted $1,000 for it. FCA marketed eTorque poorly and so they sat unsold on dealer lots. FCA then had to throw a $500 incentive on the motor and arm-twist dealers to get rid of the glut.

Then for 2019 FCA decided to drop the 2.0 eTorque and offer only the 2.0T; it was much better received.

FCA has kept playing games with eTorque: it was offered on Sahara only on the V6, but not on Rubicon or Sport, etc. For 2020 and 2021 it changed eTorque offerings again.

After awhile I lost track. I don't care any more to be honest.

If FCA wants to force me to pay extra for eTorque the day I come back to market for another V6 JL...I will have to think it twice.
I honestly think that FCA needs to get rid of the e torque and push out the plug in hybrid. If I’m going to deal with the reliability and longevity hassle that a hybrid system entails at least give me some decent benefits. From what I’ve read the e torque is just a pain in the ass with nearly zero tangible benefit.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
How about an auto-up feature for the power windows? This is the 21st century after all.

Then again, knowing FCA, it’ll be a $595 option.
no one does Auto up for safety its only auto down.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly think that FCA needs to get rid of the e torque and push out the plug in hybrid. If I’m going to deal with the reliability and longevity hassle that a hybrid system entails at least give me some decent benefits. From what I’ve read the e torque is just a pain in the ass with nearly zero tangible benefit.
I don't really have a personal opinion about eTorque motors --which is not a good sign for FCA.

Awhile back I saw a review on TFL on a Ram 1500 eTorque 5.7 HEMI: after owning the truck for one year they didn't see the benefit of paying extra for the eTorque motor.

I think that's where the majority of people have landed with it: "you want me to pay extra to get what exactly...?"

Jeep keeps flip-flopping on eTorque; we will see what it offers when the time comes for my next purchase. All I know is I will skip the eTorque option if I can and save the money --and the complexity.

RotorJL

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-speed
How about Jeep hurrying up and bring out the Mojave Wrangler ? Why wait if you want to help sales? At least anounce it and the specs...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
no one does Auto up for safety its only auto down.
I’ve been in plenty of vehicles with auto up and down.

Even my dad’s 2013 Dodge Journey has auto up/down.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
If you want to see some salt you can go over to the Bronco forums right now...
no thanks - plenty of salt to be found right here :LOL:

And while you’re right, it’s a ford not a Jeep and in some ways “Jeep” is just the nomenclature for an off road vehicle with removable top and doors. It’s the default..
its more than just a “q-tip” thing. The Jeep is an icon in American culture. That doesn’t make it an objectively better or worse vehicle, but the Bronco would have to be all that and a bag of chips - for the next decade or two - to approach that status. And even then it would still be viewed by some as a wannabe because it wasn’t the original. Even if FCA is long gone. By then cars will probably be outlawed anyway :(

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I do wonder what this means

BUILD SPECIFICATIONS
• Ford Performance by WARN® winch
• Ford Performance modular front bumper
• Ford Performance tube doors
• Ford Performance by RIGID® off-road lightbar
• Ford Performance by RIGID off-road pod lights • Yakima® LockNLoadTM Platform roof rack
• Ford Performance recovery boards
• Ford Performance by WARN recovery kit
• Rear swing-gate-mounted table
• Spare parts and fluids by Motorcraft®

Very interesting. I wonder if the Warn winch by Ford Performance will be the 10s or the evo, and will it be cheaper than buying warn aftermarket???
Much more expensive no doubt, but you will be able to lease or finance it and will carry some factory warranty

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I believe Jeep doesn’t have to respond to the Bronco. The Wrangler has proven itself many times over. I do believe that Jeep needs to keep improving in order to produce the best product possible. In my opinion, I believe it’s the Bronco that has to prove it can stand with the Wrangler. I’ve never been one to allow hype to dictate how I feel about something. Only time will tell if the Bronco will be a formidable competitor. Just my take.
Sponsored