Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Base model value..I’ll add that these reservations for the Bronco will likely be far less as leaks and specs are revealed of upcoming modifications to the wrangler. No big deal it’s only $100.00 LOL

Good video. Off-road features favor the Wrangler but on-road features favor the Bronco. Not just IFS. DRL, 8-inch screen, CarPlay/Android Auto, pre-collision assist, one-touch up/down windows, power locks, side curtain airbags, auto high beams, and LED headlights.
Sponsored

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Good video. Off-road features favor the Wrangler but on-road features favor the Bronco. Not just IFS. DRL, 8-inch screen, CarPlay/Android Auto, pre-collision assist, one-touch up/down windows, power locks, side curtain airbags, auto high beams, and LED headlights.
Well I think that greatly depends on your idea of aesthetics. I would argue that based on what I have seen the interior outlay of the Bronco isn’t anything to be giddy about.. but again that’s just my taste.

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Well I think that greatly depends on your idea of aesthetics. I would argue that based on what I have seen the interior outlay of the Bronco isn’t anything to be giddy about.. but again that’s just my taste.
I really like that passenger side grab handle in the center. Not a fan of the switches up top on the dash though.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Nothing. It's a sunk cost and the ultimate capability between the two vehicles still remains to be seen, but pretty much everyone agrees that the Rubicon is going to be able to do harder trails than the most outfitted package for the Bronco.

Now, if the aftermarket steps up....there might be a reason to switch....but in most cases, you're going to be talking a MINIMUM of $5K in aftermarket upgrades...likely far more when talking conversions.

That said, Marlin's new RCLT kit makes that platform more enticing for those that want to keep IFS. Something similar could be done with the Bronco, but the drivetrain is yet to be completely revealed in the combinations that will actually be available.

BTW, anyone know what the rear axle is in the new Bronco? Hopefully it's similar or better than the one in the Raptor, but if this thing is based off the Ranger.....that's probably a weak link; especially if they use the C-clip 8.8.
I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the RCLT rigs on the trails. Marlincrawler has really come up with something that looks amazing. But I'm also curious what the price is going to be. You have to pay to play, but it's a lot cheaper with a solid axle rig.

As for the rear axle, IIRC it has a M220 "Dana 44"

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I didn’t say the aesthetics were better. Just the features. I am a big fan of the wrangler interior. I do think that some of the upper trim interiors for the Bronco look good.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Base model value..I’ll add that these reservations for the Bronco will likely be far less as leaks and specs are revealed of upcoming modifications to the wrangler. No big deal it’s only $100.00 LOL

And you get your $100 back if you change your mind.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good question. I don't expect the 2-door to sell very well. Maybe 20,000-30,000/year. I guess it's kind of like the Wrangler - they cant bring back the Bronco without the 2-door.
The 2-door will sell well in the first couple of years, as those who owned the original Bronco get the new one to reminisce.

Beyond that, I’d guess the 2-door Bronco will likely sell in fewer numbers than the 2-door Wrangler, since it appears there’s a lot more you can do with a base 2-door Wrangler than with a base 2-door Bronco.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Whatever lets you sleep at night apparently, my dude. If you can't acknowledge that the world is inherently different from the 1960s, I got nothin' else for ya. Seems any "answers" you're willing to accept are pretty specific to your cranium.
please tell me your going with bronco so I dont have to see you on the trails I go on. :)

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
That's a good question. I don't expect the 2-door to sell very well. Maybe 20,000-30,000/year. I guess it's kind of like the Wrangler - they cant bring back the Bronco without the 2-door.
But with the first bronco they both were two doors and yet the jeep succeeded where the bronco didnt. Will this be a sign of the future and if not why not?

I dont think one can argue the jeep was better back than. Bronco had a VERY sweet offering, more than any better stuff they might have now.

Personally I think the 2 door bronco will sell better than the jeep version...initially.... It's longer and appears to be laid out better as a result...but we dont know yet really.

I think you and the previous poster might be right about needing a 2 door despite the number sold. It's a marketing thing. Likely most want a 2 door but it just isnt practical for most.