Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Good thing it’s just a spy shot because that is the ugliest vehicle I have seen in quite some time.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i dont see it happening because ford already have the ranger. so at this point it would be dumb for ford to come out with a bronco truck. now i could see that ford could offer a half cab option for the 2 door version like they did in 1966/7?. however i dont think it was popular then. the other thing i can see is that the aftermarket companies will offer a half cab conversion, just like they have done to convert the wranglers in a half cab truck.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Apple to Oranges picture. That's a 2 door Wrangler being compared to 2 4 door Bronco models.... It's a misleading comparison, but I guess Ford needs to do that. I for one am disappointed with the new Bronco design. I'll stick with my Wrangler... Thank you very much.
agreed. this is a poor comparison between the 2.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I think Bronco looks good overall. But the 4-door looks too much like a Land Rover Discovery —which is good or bad, depending on your take; the 4-door with the soft top looks like a... Mongolian yurt.

1595776590560.jpeg

i agree with you that in one way or another the bronco does mimic the look / styling of the land rover in certain areas. as for the soft top, it doent look right on the 4 door version. i dont know if it will look any better on the 2 door.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
at this point, i still have mix feeling on the new bronco. i would have to see one in person and see both the 2 and 4 door side by side. either way, i'm still keeping the wrangler.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing that looks like a Bronco are some of the styling cues from the 66-77 Bronco, everything else looks like they styled it after the Wrangler and I heard it is based on the ranger platform? not to mention the terrain response system copied from Land Rover. So when you break it down it should be called the Bro-Jeep-(R)anger-Rover. The more I look at I have ZERO interest in the new Bronco, they had 25 years to reinvent the Bronco not copy everyone else's hard work.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
When the Bronco first released, I was like, "ooh shiny new thing- must have"....and then reality started sinking in, and the more I looked at my JL Sahara on 35s, the more I felt that it was just a more beautifully designed vehicle. Not just a bunch of sheet metal put together like a square.

My JL lease is expiring in 7 months. I can consider the Bronco, but Id probably just buy out the JL or move onto a whole new 7 seater SUV for the kids.

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Man, what is up with that soft top? Unless it’s an optical illusion from the angle of the photo, it looks like it’s six inches thick and sitting up on top of the windshield. Imagine the wind noise from that thing.
The soft top on the Jeep is just so much more aerodynamic, and it’s still pretty noisy.

Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
My JL lease is expiring in 7 months. I can consider the Bronco, but Id probably just buy out the JL or move onto a whole new 7 seater SUV for the kids.
Saw a report this morning that said the Bronco release has now been pushed from 4/2021 to 6/2021. Also, if you haven’t already placed a reservation, it’s being reported you will now have to wait 18 months, tail end of 2022, for delivery. Take that for what's it worth.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2017 JKR Lots of mods
Saw a report this morning that said the Bronco release has now been pushed from 4/2021 to 6/2021. Also, if you haven’t already placed a reservation, it’s being reported you will now have to wait 18 months, tail end of 2022, for delivery. Take that for what's it worth.
LOL, Ford fumbled that horribly. In the end that's going to hurt them

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Ranger is the Bronco pickup.
With the Ranger “Raptor” coming as a ‘22 model according to rumor. Was being tested in the Outback during my last trip to Australia. Looked good and seemed to perform well. No need to do anything more to the bronco to compete with the Jeep.