Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
It's all just part of the structure. A-pillars also have airbags.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1595602709747

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1595602728565

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1595602751573

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It's all just part of the structure. A-pillars also have airbags.

1595602709747.png

1595602728565.png

1595602751573.png
Why does that yellow 2-door have a MANUAL AND THE SASQUATCH PACKAGE???

Also, curious if the front two freedom panels can stay on with the rest of the roof removed? That's how I prefer running in my JL, sun is too flipping hot to not have good shade over my head even if I have doors and back roof off.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Based on a tweet from Mike Levine of Ford they might actually be changing their stance on that not being an available configuration.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

Also, curious if the front two freedom panels can stay on with the rest of the roof removed? That's how I prefer running in my JL, sun is too flipping hot to not have good shade over my head even if I have doors and back roof off.
Because that's not the Sasquatch package. It's a Ford Performance Parts rig to show off things that are available at the parts counter. If you see a good picture of the interior you can see that it's missing switches for lockers.

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Because that's not the Sasquatch package. It's a Ford Performance Parts rig to show off things that are available at the parts counter. If you see a good picture of the interior you can see that it's missing switches for lockers.
Thanks. It looked lifted taller than the normal Sasquatch

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
In that photo it’s not hard to see which vehicle will traverse the tightest of situations offroad. The bronco is just too big! That thing is a boat compared to the wrangler!

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
In that photo it’s not hard to see which vehicle will traverse the tightest of situations offroad. The bronco is just too big! That thing is a boat compared to the wrangler!
It looks like an early Bronco but it's dimensionally bigger than the '78-79 big Bronco!

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
to me bronco looks like a fat girl next to wrangler.

may be sleeker higher fenders and get rid of the factory bumper [shorter may be], get rid of that factory grille, a few other customizations, may be it will look great.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
I think this is somewhat of a setup. Do you really think that someone would have taken that same photo opportunity, trying to make the Bronco prototype (mules) look better if the Wrangler was a Rubicon with 35s or 37s?

I have a Sport S with 35s that I'll bet they'll refuse to park next to. Especially when it's above treeline.

Be careful of the trickery of false impressions. I'll bet that Wrangler Sport they parked next to will still out perform them both on and off-road.

As always, it comes down to looks. Like the wording in your rear view mirror, this photo is just about their perspective of making the Bronco appear bigger or better than it actually is.

Jay

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread IMG_20200722_101247

Last edited:

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Maybe it's tire size, but looking at these photos, and purely from a design perspective I am wondering if the Wrangler is better at appealing to men and women.

Don't get me wrong here...tastes run the gamut for both genders. Some women may even find the Bronco not beefy enough, while some men my find the Subaru Crosstrek all the off roading they need, and some women preferring a sedan to a Wrangler, let alone a Bronco.

But painting in broad stereotypes: which is really what broad scale marketing and sales measure, I wonder if the female off-roading capable SUV segment might gravitate more to a Wrangler.

I have enormous respect for both rigs and genders. Each (vehicle and person) is made better by the presence of the other.

Example:

This idea:

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1595772677075

came from this idea:

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1595772598067
Sponsored

Last edited: