Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
The value of the base model 2 door is absolutely absurd vs the JL. Jeep will either have to drop the price of the Sport by $3k or get rid of it entirely.

Plus locking difs front and rear, 4.70 gears Bilsteins, lift/long travel, 35’s on ANY trim?? And no piece of garbage Dana 35?? Basically told Jeep to go f itself. Absolutely insane.
I am a complete Jeep noob, so pardon me for saying this. But this quote right here is what became increasingly mind-boggling to me during my car search. I was in the market for a Wrangler. I nearly ordered one last week, but I am glad I waited for this reveal and the specs of the trims to come out. It is absolutely insane what is standard on the base Bronco or obtainable through the Sasquatch package that you have to option in on the Wrangler:

LED headlights
Air Conditioning
Power Windows
Power Locks

An 8 inch infotainment system
30 inch wheels

The ones in bold, I can't believe is something that actually has to be optioned into a $30,000 car in 2020. Wtf?

I am really interested to see how Ford prices the options and available packages per trim level.
Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I am a complete Jeep noob, so pardon me for saying this. But this quote right here is what became increasingly mind-boggling to me during my car search. I was in the market for a Wrangler. I nearly ordered one last week, but I am glad I waited for this reveal and the specs of the trims to come out. It is absolutely insane what is standard on the base Bronco or obtainable through the Sasquatch package that you have to option in on the Wrangler:

LED headlights
Air Conditioning
Power Windows
Power Locks

An 8 inch infotainment system
30 inch wheels

The ones in bold, I can't believe is something that actually has to be optioned into a $30,000 car in 2020. Wtf?

I am really interested to see how Ford prices the options and available packages per trim level.
Jeep almost has to do this because there are a lot of jeepers who will not buy anything with “Electronics”. If they get rid of the sport there will be an uproar, but they honestly can’t drop the price much i’d imagine.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I wonder how easy or difficult it will be to lift the new Bronco.

The most common complaint on Toyota Tacoma forums, besides the atrocious automatic transmission and driving position that is, was from owners struggling with front alignment issues after lifting their trucks.

It appears something about IFS makes lifting those trucks a bit tricky. I don’t know if this is something unique to Tacomas or common on all IFS trucks.

Definitely worth looking into before dropping several grand on a new Bronco that then becomes difficult to modify.
THey might have some magic IFS that can be lifted properly or doesnt break when you wheel or doesnt lift the wheel up when in nasty high articulation terrains.

Still the ground clearance is sweet until it isnt, but high speed baja is where this thing will shine.

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I don’t see how the Bronco won’t take a massive chunk out of Wrangler sales unless FCA plays their old game of discounting things to between 15-25% and just playing the price game. The base 2 door comes with a hard top, AC and LED headlights standard, all with a more powerful base engine, and arguably better manual transmission. I would wager that it will handle exponentially better on the road too. There’s a lot of info and options to wade through with the Bronco which is great for the consumer. Going through the resources made my head spin.
Doesn't the Jeep come with a nice hefty discount too?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
No disrespect to the hard-working guys and gals at JeepCares, but if you guys think JeepCares has much pull inside FCA...think again.
Yes, they are pretty much one grade above the janitorial department, heck probably half of them are furlough now.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
All you guys bad mouthing FCA about this a that. Have you actually taken the time to look at Fords record? It isnt all that good. Anyone here had their 6.0 diesel when they first came out? Other examples as well.

With any new vehicle from ANY company a new owner can get jammed into nothing but problems. My bronco was a POS, but my f150 that I still have is a keeper. I LOVE that thing.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
What is surprising to me is the lack of mention in this thread (and others) of the DI engines offered on the new Bronco. Being that the 2.3 and 2.7 ecoboost engines are turbocharged and DI, aren't they similar to the 2.0T JL engines?

With all of the 2.0T DI engine haters on this forum I figured most of you would be firmly against the new Bronco! Or is it just the eTorque system people hate?

You all got me confused.

Signed,

2.0T eTorque lover
The 2.7 has both port & direct injection

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
There are certainly things about the Bronco that I do like, but I will still keep my Jeep for a while longer.

Now maybe I can convince my wife to get a Bronco Sport to replace the Honda?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
All you guys bad mouthing FCA about this a that. Have you actually taken the time to look at Fords record? It isnt all that good. Anyone here had their 6.0 diesel when they first came out? Other examples as well.

With any new vehicle from ANY company a new owner can get jammed into nothing but problems. My bronco was a POS, but my f150 that I still have is a keeper. I LOVE that thing.
In fact, Ford probably has one of the worst records with all-new vehicle launches among the Big 3.

Following the launches of Fusions, Escapes and F-Series, Ford issued recalls due to fire risk multiple times between 2012 and 2019.

It’s a Ford thing...

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Back in the 90s my dad traded his Jeep for a Bronco. He always said that was a huge mistake. He always missed that Jeep and hated the Bronco. in 1995 he traded the Bronco for what would me my first car 12 years later. A Jeep Cherokee XJ.