Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Looks to me they went down everything the Wrangler can do and tried to improve every aspect of it. Lots of big talk for the bronco...but the jeeps are tried and true, can't wait to see the head to head chaos once these become available. Bronco engine tho 310 hp and 400+tq ...damn they came out swinging.
Definitely competing with the Wrangler. but we are gonna have to wait to truly see. The front sway bar disconnect system only comes on their high trim (badlands), and the articulation honestly didn't look that great. Amazing for an IFS, but still not like a solid axle. With Jeep, you can buy a base model and disconnect manually, or install a rubi take off suspension pretty easily. Messing with the Bronco IFS? idk about that.

I was excited about the rack system, but their roof "dynamic load" has max 110lbs capacity, so there we have same issues as the Wrangler. 110lbs is pretty low.

2 door wheelbase: 100 !!!. I wish Jeep did this. Another thing I liked is the tow rating 3500 FOR ALL MODELS including the 2-D.

One thing for sure, it is gonna take loooots of wrangler sales. ouch FCA.

People are gonna look twice when buying a Rubicon vs. a high end Bronco for sure. But for a budget build, the Wrangler still bears the Bronco.

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Holy hell.. The Bronco is sweeeet.. optional 2.7 liter Turbo V6 with 310 HP and 400 lb/ft torque.

But, check out the left front wheel spin at 2:22 mark in the video from Edmunds. It looks like it just got stuck in a not that difficult terrain. Clear sign that either the front locker was not on, or it doesn't come with front lockers. Hmmmm.

Last edited:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I’m surprised there’s not a mention of a factory winch option. Also nothing is mentioned about skids... That said...this thing rocks... Competition is healthy though I think my resale just tanked a bit....

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I have a GT350 and a JL Wrangler. I have also owned a Focus RS. Anyone not familiar with Ford dealers, they love dealer markup. More than any high volume car manufacture I have bought from. Expect $5-40K+ ADM on all Broncos with the highest on the highest level spec.

Ford did a great job on these, but I will wait until they have real trail time and to see what breaks. And will wait to see pricing and wait for the “gotta have it now” people to pay ADm.

Sponsored

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
Just watched the new bronco. I had been dead set on ordering a 2021 rubicon 2 door. After watching the bronco I have to wait and see this thing in person. Factory 35’s? Doors u can store in the back? Over 300 horsepower? All things jeep should have been doing.... guess I’ll wait and drive the new bronco to make up my mind on which one I’ll go with

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Looks great. Nice job by Ford. I don't love everything but there is nothing I hate about it. And some things I do love. It's gonna be a lot of fun seeing what these things can do.

And it makes me more optimistic for the Wrangler than I've been in a long time. I think it's gonna make the Wrangler better.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link