Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

crazy90'skid

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Silverado RCSB, 2020 JLUR
I just want to point out a JLTV has 43" tires riding on an IFS and that thing is sweet to ride in even at 15000 pounds. IFS doesn't mean too weak depending on how its built the JLTV front end is probably stronger than any dana 60. Obviously the bronco won't be that strong but i wouldn't assume it's going to be weak or low travel... technology presses forward.
Sponsored

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, 2014 FJ Cruiser
They're going to sell a boatload of these. As the previous owner of 3 JKs and 3 FJs who was scared away from the JL by the (now) 2 yr old, 420 page "Loose steering.." thread, this is what I'm looking for.

This is going to steal a ton of sales from people like me who aren't closed minded brand loyalists. Plus, you figure there's people that haven't bought Jeeps simply because they don't want a Fiat.

Seriously - the stock 1/2 door - how the hell long have we been asking for that?? I mean that's awesome if you wanna chain your doors to a fence or something, but its also really, really, stupid - and making excuses for piss poor manufacturing. Being able to throw everything in the back is a game changer.

And I'm perfectly fine not being a "Real Man" (chest thumping sounds) who drives an IFS vehicle.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
We've gone through this ad nauseum before. Bronco fan boys say that the IFS doesn't matter because very few Wrangler owners actually go off road. Jeep fan boys say that the solid axles are what makes the Wrangler so appealing. Time will tell. I tend to believe that the fellow Jeep fans are right because of the past failures of other vehicles that were supposed to be Wrangler competitors. FJ Cruiser, Hummer H3, Xterra, etc. Ford fan boys will counter this and say that none of those were convertible. Then I'll remind them of the Tracker, Sidekick, Murano, Vitara, Amigo.... But they will say that none of those count because they weren't trail capable. Then I point at the puny front suspension design of the new Bronco, and the cycle will repeat itself again.
lol, basically your pointing out the lie some tell themselves when they see a new shiny vehicle with marketing hype they fall for despite saying they dont care about. Like the vehicles you mention bronco will likely fail (again) in the future because the luster of something new and marketing hype gives way to reality.

Still I'd take one for a wife car that I can have fun with too IF the motor is all that. But it aint no jeep....unless it comes with SFA than I take everything back. haha!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
They're going to sell a boatload of these. As the previous owner of 3 JKs and 3 FJs who was scared away from the JL by the (now) 2 yr old, 420 page "Loose steering.." thread, this is what I'm looking for.

This is going to steal a ton of sales from people like me who aren't closed minded brand loyalists. Plus, you figure there's people that haven't bought Jeeps simply because they don't want a Fiat.

Seriously - the stock 1/2 door - how the hell long have we been asking for that?? I mean that's awesome if you wanna chain your doors to a fence or something, but its also really, really, stupid - and making excuses for piss poor manufacturing. Being able to throw everything in the back is a game changer.

And I'm perfectly fine not being a "Real Man" (chest thumping sounds) who drives an IFS vehicle.
Well i could make the argument the other way. Who wants to fill their entire cargo area with doors? It’s not practical.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I really like my Pentastar/8-speed, but I wouldn’t mind having all that horsepower under the skinny pedal again...
Same here 37s with 4.88's it's just an absolute hoot. I was going to throw in a big power motor but why? Still if it was offered as an option, heck ya I'd go for it.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Well i could make the argument the other way. Who wants to fill their entire cargo area with doors? It’s not practical.
That’s a bit of a silly argument. Ford isn’t forcing you to put them in the cargo area...they just provided a convenient storage option. You can still choose to store them where you store your Jeep stuff. More options are better, no?

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
This look like a 35” or 37” to y’all?
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread CDEDBEE9-A66A-480A-84D5-006804605704

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That’s a bit of a silly argument. Ford isn’t forcing you to put them in the cargo area...they just provided a convenient storage option. You can still choose to store them where you store your Jeep stuff. More options are better, no?
Fair point.

Semaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 71 Chevelle 65 mustang
Owner experience when the vehicle is actually released will dictate whether or not they improved on the Wranglers weaknesses and “absolutely killed it”. Not the release on Monday.
I'm a Ford guy and love the original Bronco. Hopefully Ford has done a good job and not an FJ cruiser failed attempt. Thinking of trading my 19 JKR for it, or do I spend 4k on an aftermarket steering box and another 2k on draglink, tie rods.... to fix the factory steering on the Jeep?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Whatever happened to all those claims by insiders that there was going to be a solid axle? Remember that? Because some dork saw that Dana was supplying the gear for it, and they completely forgot that Dana also builds Independent differentials.
Sponsored