Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
This seriously annoys me to no end. How hard would it have been to make it one touch up like you can get on any 15k economy car these days?

Wonder if the Bronco has one touch power up windows :clap:

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Initially, Ford kept saying there would be no 2 door Bronco, which is why I went ahead and bought the 2 door JL... As a Blue Oval guy, that looks pretty darn tempting!
2021-Ford-Bronco-Renderings-3-1.jpg
I'm also a Blue Oval guy and a CJ guy not really a mopar guy at all it's just that they happen to own Jeep now...

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, a little piece of me dies every time I order a factory component and I see the "Mopar" emblem. Nothing against Dodge, but I've just always preferred Fords (own three at the moment, including an 2004 Ranger FX4 that holds its own pretty well off-road). It looks like Ford might make the Bronco its own marquee- I don't see any Ford emblems on the pics so far. The only other vehicle they've ever done that with was the Mustang.

With all this build-up to the launch of the Bronco, I was hoping for either a retro-60s look or a 2 door Expedition look. Glad to see they went with the former. I've gotten my JLR pretty much where I want it, so I'll probably give the new Bronco a few years to build up a used inventory (and an aftermarket) and then swap when I make my next trade. However, there was a "release" from Jeep today that showed a fuzzy pic of a 6.2 Hemi powered JL (maybe they're already feeling the pressure). The Bronco will be good for both Jeep and Ford fans.

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I think that may be too much engine for the Wrangler...Certainly would scare me a bit unless they give it better on road manners....and I don't even have death wobble.
I used to own a CJ-5 with a 340 Buick transplant (and a host of other mods), and it was a blast to drive on and off-road. It was stable at freeway speeds, and was my preferred DD.

I really like my Pentastar/8-speed, but I wouldn’t mind having all that horsepower under the skinny pedal again...

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I think that may be too much engine for the Wrangler...Certainly would scare me a bit unless they give it better on road manners....and I don't even have death wobble.
Bring it on! No fear here...just major disappointment that I just finished my build on my Recon...too soon to trade. This would be fricken awesome!!!!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I used to own a CJ-5 with a 340 Buick transplant (and a host of other mods), and it was a blast to drive on and off-road. It was stable at freeway speeds, and was my preferred DD.

I really like my Pentastar/8-speed, but I wouldn’t mind having all that horsepower under the skinny pedal again...
My 74 CJ had a 401 from a Cherokee and a t19 compound 4spd, w/ the shackle reversal to keep caster high it was a great road warrior :)

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

My 74 CJ had a 401 from a Cherokee and a t19 compound 4spd, w/ the shackle reversal to keep caster high it was a great road warrior :)
Sounds like an awesome rig! :like:

I also ran a 4 speed with first being a crawler gear (useless on pavement), and 2 speed transfer case. I also ran a Warn full-range overdrive, that dropped my freeway rpms and could be used to split gears in both hi and low range. That thing was a beast; I still miss it sometimes.
Sponsored